Deutschland at USA, Oct 14, The Rent | The Boneyard

Deutschland at USA, Oct 14, The Rent

Reaction Score
New boss same as the old boss. Won't get fooled again. Actually, I like the Berhalter rehire.

Reaction Score
We've seen peak GGG. It's barely making the knockout round with the fewest number of goals possible with a roster that is based on his personal beliefs rather than reality.
Ah, so you think the talent is there to beat the top tier Euros and South Americans if only he would select them and give them playing time? I don't. The USA is still a couple decades away from that. And if you think he should be playing more MLS players, forget it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We've seen peak GGG. It's barely making the knockout round with the fewest number of goals possible with a roster that is based on his personal beliefs rather than reality.
Just this morning Ray Hudson asked if the good recent games came because Gregg wasn't coaching.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Ah, so you think the talent is there to beat the top tier Euros and South Americans if only he would select them and give them playing time? I don't. The USA is still a couple decades away from that. And if you think he should be playing more MLS players, forget it.

We are a forever away from that, but that doesn't mean this team can't catch lightning in a bottle for three weeks on home soil. It does require not playing people who are G league players in NBA games. GGG is terrible at player selection and it's great at offensive tactics. His replacements, replacement just ran through the best Concacaf has to offer by playing the obvious lineup and having them do the obvious things.

Better teams will punish them without a better counter defense, but the quality in the attacking half was light years ahead of WC 2022, where everyone was rather satisfied with the outcome. Hence, peak GGG. Time to move on to a coach who can use the pieces we have and not play MLS ball.

Reaction Score
We are a forever away from that, but that doesn't mean this team can't catch lightning in a bottle for three weeks on home soil. It does require not playing people who are G league players in NBA games. GGG is terrible at player selection and it's great at offensive tactics. His replacements, replacement just ran through the best Concacaf has to offer by playing the obvious lineup and having them do the obvious things.

Better teams will punish them without a better counter defense, but the quality in the attacking half was light years ahead of WC 2022, where everyone was rather satisfied with the outcome. Hence, peak GGG. Time to move on to a coach who can use the pieces we have and not play MLS ball.
You are just a bit late, with that, mate.

Reaction Score

Someone posted on Reddit a really good breakdown on the US performance against the Top 32 nations during the Arena, Bradley, Jurgen and Berhalter eras. If I cared enough I might look it up and post it.

In terms of goal scoring the goal scoring performance of Berhalter’s teams were by far the worst of this group and it wasn’t even close.

And it’s not like our talent in the 2000s was better.

Berhalter was outcoached badly against the Netherlands.

Bringing him back while he is being outperformed by his former assistants is just nuts.

This team is playing far more free than it ever did under that stooge.

Reaction Score

This take is so bizarre. Greggg would trot out an all MLS side if he could.

Needing a goal against Wales. Which was not a good team he subbed in Jordan Morris instead of Reyna, because reasons.

You sound like someone who just started paying attention yesterday.

Reaction Score
This take is so bizarre. Greggg would trot out an all MLS side if he could.

Needing a goal against Wales. Which was not a good team he subbed in Jordan Morris instead of Reyna, because reasons.

You sound like someone who just started paying attention yesterday.
Ah, and you sound like someone who never played the game. And you remind me of the reason I never watch MLS -- the American know it all fan.

Reaction Score
Ah, and you sound like someone who never played the game. And you remind me of the reason I never watch MLS -- the American know it all fan.

I hate MLS as much as I hate cancer. You don’t have the slightest clue about my opinion of the game.

Also if you don’t like MLS then you shouldn’t like Berhalter.

If you knew anything you would know that too.

Go take a nap.

Reaction Score
I hate MLS as much as I hate cancer. You don’t have the slightest clue about my opinion of the game.

Also if you don’t like MLS then you shouldn’t like Berhalter.

If you knew anything you would know that too.

Go take a nap.
He played one MLS guy the whole tournament, Walker Zimmerman, who played poorly against Wales. His entry against Iran was fortuitous as they were playing very direct over the top at the end.

Reaction Score
He played one MLS guy the whole tournament, Walker Zimmerman, who played poorly against Wales. His entry against Iran was fortuitous as they were playing very direct over the top at the end.

Incorrect try again.

Reaction Score

Too funny. Off the top of my head I knew you were wrong. I just didn’t realize how wrong you were!

Zimmerman started against the Dutch as did Ferreira.

Later on Yedlin and Morris were subbed on.

Would you like me to go on?

Reaction Score
Would you like me to go on?
Hey, I am going from memory here. I already said he played Zimmerman. Not sure what your point is on him. I did forget about Ferreiara. Sue me.

Subs don't count. If you remember everyone who he subbed in a year later, you need to get a life. I remember Zimmerman against Iran because Zim redeemed himself in that game primarily with his height and fresh legs. Had he not come on they would have scored. And yes, I thought GB waited too long to do that.

You got any more? So he started Zimmerman three times in four games and Ferreira once. My memory says that's it. ALL the rest of the starters were foreign based. So does that sound like a bias towards MLS? I think you will agree that it does not.

Thank you for you apology. ;)

Reaction Score
Hey, I am going from memory here. I already said he played Zimmerman. Not sure what your point is on him. I did forget about Ferreiara. Sue me.

Subs don't count. If you remember everyone who he subbed in a year later, you need to get a life. I remember Zimmerman against Iran because Zim redeemed himself in that game primarily with his height and fresh legs. Had he not come on they would have scored. And yes, I thought GB waited too long to do that.

You got any more? So he started Zimmerman three times in four games and Ferreira once. My memory says that's it. ALL the rest of the starters were foreign based. So does that sound like a bias towards MLS? I think you will agree that it does not.

Thank you for you apology. ;)

You said he played only one MLS player. This couldn’t be more wrong.

Let’s just get you to bed grandpa.

Reaction Score
Sorry. You lose. No bias towards MLS players. Just the opposite.

Happy to ski you into the ground sometime, date and venue of your choosing.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
MLS players were so bad they couldn't win a rigged game. Tim Ream couldn't get a sniff for years until he was called in to save Gregg's bacon at the last minute.

Reaction Score
Sorry. You lose. No bias towards MLS players. Just the opposite.

Happy to ski you into the ground sometime, date and venue of your choosing.

I’ve been skiing since I was out of diapers. Be careful what you wish for. In your case you are probably back in your diapers.

Anyone with an opinion worth listening would have at least a vague idea of the number of MLS clowns that were subbed in. And anyone who says subs don’t count is not worth listening to.

Just because you played CT high school soccer in the 1940s doesn’t mean your opinion still matters.

Reaction Score
MLS players were so bad they couldn't win a rigged game. Tim Ream couldn't get a sniff for years until he was called in to save Gregg's bacon at the last minute.

Gregggg subbed in MLSMorris over Reyna when we needed a goal.

Downhill Racer here wants to tell us about Greggg’s lack of bias. Uhh ok.

He doesn’t even realize that the clown Walker Zimmerman started every match but one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom