DeLeone to Temple Staff | Page 2 | The Boneyard

DeLeone to Temple Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wade Phillips was a bum as a head coach. Look how he is at DC for the Broncos.

P + GDL was bad.

Rhule + GDL might be good.

Addazio + P might be good.

I know everyone here loves to hate - but I want to focus on my team. I hope I end up as much as a homer as Nostical next year. #lovefest

Reaction Score

P + GDL was bad.

I know everyone here loves to hate - but I want to focus on my team. I hope I end up as much as a homer as Nostical next year. #lovefest
UConn was the only school GDL has stayed more than 2 seasons since he left Syracuse. His longest stay after Cuse besides UConn was in the NFL with the Dolphins.
05 Ole Miss (OL, Run Game Coord)
06 Temple (OC, QB)
07 Temple (OC, OL)
08-10 Dolphins (TE)
11-13 UConn
14-15 Browns (OL)
His time at both Ole Miss and temple were not good run game wise.

Reaction Score

P + GDL was bad.

I actually would love to wish P well. He failed here, was not the right guy for the job, but was not a bad person. I know several people that know him and they have nice things to say personally, including some former players. If he were going anywhere but BC or a team we play, I would wish him all the best on the field. But...he's at BC (and we play them this year) so I wish him good health and happiness away from the FB field.

GDL on the other hand was despised by players that played for him (and coaches who coached under him), at least while at UConn. He may not be a bad person away from the field... no clue, but he was supposedly quite the dooshnozzle to many, many people involved with UConn FB. I hope he does for Temple's OL what he did for UConn's, and I hope we get Temple early while they are figuring out his schemes. I don't wish ill on him, just hope his OL sucks.

Reaction Score
I actually would love to wish P well. He failed here, was not the right guy for the job, but was not a bad person. I know several people that know him and they have nice things to say personally, including some former players. If he were going anywhere but BC or a team we play, I would wish him all the best on the field. But...he's at BC (and we play them this year) so I wish him good health and happiness away from the FB field.

GDL on the other hand was despised by players that played for him (and coaches who coached under him), at least while at UConn. He may not be a bad person away from the field... no clue, but he was supposedly quite the dooshnozzle to many, many people involved with UConn FB. I hope he does for Temple's OL what he did for UConn's, and I hope we get Temple early while they are figuring out his schemes. I don't wish ill on him, just hope his OL sucks.
You can't be a nice guy and let GDL tear your kids down and cr@p all over them. A nice guy doesn't let his QB risk getting permanently hurt against Syracuse, just make a point. No. Smiles and glad handing don't make a nice guy. Character and caring for the best interests of those under your care and leadership does. PP is no better than GDL, because he put him there and gave him free reign. Sorry, can't let him off the hook. I don't wish him well. I wish him failure and humiliation...the same kind that GDL put on the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom