decommit #1 or #3 depending on when u start counting | The Boneyard

decommit #1 or #3 depending on when u start counting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i thinkw e have a winner post dumpster fire here at uconn. drum roll please..........

all u guys keep thinking im crazy and a idiot, mean while our athletic dept burns to the ground. enjoy.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Wait a minute, wait a minute. Who did we just lose?!?

Reaction Score
Why do feel a need to play games with people here because you are pissed @ the AD??

We won't be the last program to have an 18 y/o change his mind with a coaching change.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
jd krill no longer listed as a verbal on tos...

im not playing games medic. im speaking up becuase others wont. without a couple here who are throwing flames, all this ad bs gets no attention and ppl are just upset about PP and GDL but dont see the big issue. but when your uconn and your losing juco kids to fau and texas st, dont u think its time to ask a question or 2? no its all good, when tulane or usu rips a db away we can also just say awe shucks get em next time tiger!

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I don't get it. Why would he back out? It can't be the Brown thing, can it? Krill was recruited by DeLeone, and he's likely going to play on the offensive side of the ball, so.....WTF happened???

Reaction Score

im not playing games medic. im speaking up becuase others wont. without a couple here who are throwing flames, all this ad bs gets no attention and ppl are just upset about PP and GDL but dont see the big issue. but when your uconn and your losing juco kids to fau and texas st, dont u think its time to ask a question or 2? no its all good, when tulane or usu rips a db away we can also just say awe shucks get em next time tiger!

My only point is that you make your first post above without any substance. That's teasing/tormenting/playing with people in my opinion.

I will judge the class of Feb 3rd. Till then it's all a crapshoot despite the fun sport of following the recruiting process.

In your mind are you counting Ebenezer Ogundeko as your #1

Reaction Score

There is only one reason solid recruits go to places like FAU. This is not a loss. You need to relax....damn

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
s whats the actual answer on this. they took him down, put him back up...havn't seen news...

Reaction Score
Jd krill Des just tweeted another academic flop. Can someone explain what is the criteria? We all know it is different admission for athletes but what are the requirements

Just lost counting last year wide reciever. Burlingame. And now krill

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
we are being dick heads imho. why can't we just be like florida, bama, michigan and psu with fball and bball players . why do we have to be yale. its so stupid, it snow how u win or burst onto the scene. so many kids have been said no to and so many more after hearing/readingt he metrics just throw uconn to the side. its truly a dam joke. i get the whole this is my school i want good grades argument. fine, then dont play big boy sports and think your going to win. look at harvard. enjoy your future.

pj

Reaction Score
we are being dick heads imho. why can't we just be like florida, bama, michigan and psu with fball and bball players . why do we have to be yale. its so stupid, it snow how u win or burst onto the scene. so many kids have been said no to and so many more after hearing/readingt he metrics just throw uconn to the side. its truly a dam joke. i get the whole this is my school i want good grades argument. fine, then dont play big boy sports and think your going to win. look at harvard. enjoy your ****ing future.

It is hard to imagine what they're thinking. Harvard would be a nice future, but we shouldn't look to athletes to replicate Harvard's Nobel prize winners. Why isn't enough to accept great athletes and great scholars, why do they have to be the same people?

Reaction Score
Theses kids were in JUCO for a reason. It is hard to imagine a fan base that is currently watching their Men's Basketball Team serve a post-season ban would advocate admitting marginal students. This mindset is beyond ridiculous. You will be the same ones bitching when our program loses scholarships or bowl games due to low APR.

Reaction Score
I think there can be a happy median...athletes can be good students if they have the right support. Obviously, JUCOs are not in UConn's near future. If that's the case, HCPP needs to turn his attention to prep. Prep students will not have any issues adhering to the new academic criteria. PGs also have the extra year under their belts. Just my $0.02.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
It is hard to imagine what they're thinking. Harvard would be a nice future, but we shouldn't look to athletes to replicate Harvard's Nobel prize winners. Why isn't enough to accept great athletes and great scholars, why do they have to be the same people?
Because...if a university admits athletes without regard for whether they are a student or not, they are basically setting up a professional league. It's not the university's mission. The first mission is and always should be education, not sports team wins. If you want to root for a team that can recruit the best athletes, root for a major or minor league pro team. Leave us to our misery.

pj

Reaction Score
Because...if a university admits athletes without regard for whether they are a student or not, they are basically setting up a professional league. It's not the university's mission. The first mission is and always should be education, not sports team wins. If you want to root for a team that can recruit the best athletes, root for a major or minor league pro team. Leave us to our misery.

DI college athletics has been a pro league for decades. Their purpose is primarily to market the university and secondarily to raise revenue and build facilities. They've done that very effectively. Every other university manages athletics for revenue and publicity.

To be frank, not even the Ivy League sees scholarship or academics as its primary mission. Harvard whores its brand for billions. Most universities are now run to generate income for their administrators, more than for any other purpose. Teaching and research are secondary activities. This is why full-time research and teaching faculty numbers haven't grown while administrators have tripled in number.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score

I think the frustration that you are seeing people voice is due solely to the fact that all participating universities do not adhere to the same standards of recruiting. Unlike a pro league, where everyone plays under the same rules, college sports has a wide variability in who a university will allow to play for them versus a competitor school. Bryce McNeal is a prime example, whereby he did not meet UConn's criteria but he met Louisville's.

I'm sure that a large part of the frustration is watching some of these players put on jerseys for other "institutions of learning" without any penalty. To me, although I understand the need for a university to set its own criteria for acceptance, I think that there should be sets of rules that govern who can be accepted at D-1 institutions (outside of the simple, "get a 700 on your SAT's" type thing)...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
if we dont take jucos and preps all day, we will die off before we get a invite. its that simple. every school around us currently is higher then us. how the are we going to recruit? u have to play ball to make the big leagues, then tighten your dam belt. high horse ppl for some reason ereally i find funny when it comes to uconn. hell 20 years ago uconn would take kids that today they laugh at when they get applications so dont act like some elite bser.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
I think the frustration that you are seeing people voice is due solely to the fact that all participating universities do not adhere to the same standards of recruiting. Unlike a pro league, where everyone plays under the same rules, college sports has a wide variability in who a university will allow to play for them versus a competitor school. Bryce McNeal is a prime example, whereby he did not meet UConn's criteria but he met Louisville's.

I'm sure that a large part of the frustration is watching some of these players put on jerseys for other "institutions of learning" without any penalty. To me, although I understand the need for a university to set its own criteria for acceptance, I think that there should be sets of rules that govern who can be accepted at D-1 institutions (outside of the simple, "get a 700 on your SAT's" type thing)...
Agreed. Absolutely. In the absence of such standards, universities have to set priorities. I, for one, as much as I love seeing us win, believe that the educational mission is a higher priority than the athletic. It's too bad that the Louisvilles, Mississippis, and Clemsons of this world don't. But that shouldn't cause us to sell ourselves cheap.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
It's too bad that the Louisvilles, Mississippis, and Clemsons of this world don't. But that shouldn't cause us to sell ourselves cheap.

No, but by virtue of playing in the same league together, it SHOULD force the Louisvilles, Mississippis, and Clemsons of the world to have to sell themselves more expensive! From some of the horror stories that I have read about some of these programs, from the fake classes (yes, I'm talking to you, UNC!) to hearing that some people can't even read or write (i.e., Dexter Manley of Oklahoma State, who was found later in his pro career to be functionally illiterate!), it makes you wonder if certain institutions aren't ALREADY behaving like they are a pro league and not a collegiate one....

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
you're wondering? Isn't it obvious?

It's the scientist in me that has to allow for all the possibilities, no matter how improbable...;)

Reaction Score
Do you really think cousins went to any real classes the 1 year he was at Kentucky, yet Kentucky meets all the standards?

Reaction Score
Jd krill Des just tweeted another academic flop. Can someone explain what is the criteria? We all know it is different admission for athletes but what are the requirements

Just lost counting last year wide reciever. Burlingame. And now krill

This may help the JUCO scenario discussions. Decent site but the whole qualifier/partial qualifier/non-qualifier discussions can make your head spin. There is a whole cottage industry to help S/A and parents navigate the NCAA by laws. At times - it's not the school has raised the 'bar", it's the S/A that failed to reach the bar that was set in front of them. Hard to know w/o seeing a transcript.

http://www.athleticscholarships.net/junior-college-transfer-2-4.htm

Other topics are referenced on the side-bar.

Reaction Score
we are being dick heads imho. why can't we just be like florida, bama, michigan and psu with fball and bball players . why do we have to be yale. its so stupid, it snow how u win or burst onto the scene. so many kids have been said no to and so many more after hearing/readingt he metrics just throw uconn to the side. its truly a dam joke. i get the whole this is my school i want good grades argument. fine, then dont play big boy sports and think your going to win. look at harvard. enjoy your ****ing future.

What a bunch of crap. Which JUCOs that couldn't get into UConn do you know for a fact would have been admitted to 'Bama or Michigan? You don't. For all you know, Krill and Burlingame couldn't have gotten into Michigan or 'Bama either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom