Dear Bob Picozzi. | The Boneyard

Dear Bob Picozzi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yep defending this guy, three years into this mess is laughable. Three years in 0-4, with losses, blowout losses to an FCS teams and Buffalo, empty cupboards were the problem here. Three years in. Unreal.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
He is an A no better way to say it sorry Bob

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
About 60% of us were right the day they hired him. 95% of us were right at the end of last season.

That nobody in the media was brave enough to make the obvious call isn't on us. Be p*ssies if you like but don't try and call us out.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
As of this loss were one loss closer to a new coach embrace the future,and @k Bob!

Reaction Score
About 60% of us were right the day they hired him. 95% of us were right at the end of last season.

That nobody in the media was brave enough to make the obvious call isn't on us. Be p*ssies if you like but don't try and call us out.

Blaming the fans for "not supporting the team" is pure cowardice. Plain and simple. It is not our fault for caring about this program. We care enough that we want to see changes. Changes that might actually lead to success. I cannot stand that it costs me money to support this pile of garbage.

Honestly, I am impressed by anyone who can still argue for more time for PP. Even the most ardent cult members can be de-programmed, but they anyone arguing that this can be saved exhibits a level of idiocy that knows no limits.

Reaction Score
I'm glad he told us that CT high school coaches blow, I mean revere PP.

Reaction Score

I'll admit, I was in the forty percent. He wouldn't have been my choice, but I could not envision it being THIS BAD.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Why was Bob and KC Keeler all about PP during the entire broadcast? The entire time they kept saying how a great coach he is... WHAT?! What team have they been watching the past 3 season? He WAS... WAS a good coach at one point when he was at Cuse. Not anymore. He's past his prime, and needs to hang it up.

Reaction Score
These guys never hang it up they have to be shown the door. Bob pass the baloney Picozzi. Hall of Famer, really?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

I have to admit that I actually wasn't too broken up about PP's hire at the time, although I was clamoring for Hughes to keep the job (for continuity and because the players seemed to respond to him). I'm sure I'll get ripped for that comment in future threads.

But when PP was hired, I thought that he could, at minimum, tread water with what he was given. Stay at least in the middle of the pack or better in the Big East. What he has done here is nothing short of mind-boggling....literally, my mind is boggled...:confused:

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

100% in on this.

Reaction Score
What did Picozzi say? Did he play the lack of talent card? And KC Keeler again? WTF did he say? I can't find a job so Pepperoni is a great coach? these guys. Just got taunted by Buffalo fans walking out. em all

Reaction Score
I have to admit that I actually wasn't too broken up about PP's hire at the time, although I was clamoring for Hughes to keep the job (for continuity and because the players seemed to respond to him). I'm sure I'll get ripped for that comment in future threads.

But when PP was hired, I thought that he could, at minimum, tread water with what he was given. Stay at least in the middle of the pack or better in the Big East. What he has done here is nothing short of mind-boggling....literally, my mind is boggled...:confused:

Agreed, I thought we would maintain what we had going, like making it to Bowl games but this free fall is stunning and it seems to be picking up speed that is why I would be making a change tomorrow morning if I'm Warde.

Reaction Score
What exactly did Picozzi say? The only thing I heard was him talking about Casey Cochran was tied to P because Jack coached Freeney at Bloomfield yada yada yada

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Something has to happen, there is zero progression, only regression and now you can see the players are beginning to not play.

Reaction Score
He said if ice cream was on the scale of the greatest thing ever invented, message boards are the worst/opposite end of the spectrum. Said the boneyard is full boneheads. P is a great coach. Empty cupboards. Coockoo for cocoa puffs. About sums it up.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
As bad as the ESPN3 feed was, listening to Picozzi made it worse.

Reaction Score
He said if ice cream was on the scale of the greatest thing ever invented, message boards are the worst/opposite end of the spectrum. Said the boneyard is full boneheads. P is a great coach. Empty cupboards. Coockoo for cocoa puffs. About sums it up.

Point in broadcast? Ready to dial up ESPN3 to look at mad Warde on sidelines

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What did Picozzi say? Did he play the lack of talent card? And KC Keeler again? WTF did he say? I can't find a job so Pepperoni is a great coach? these guys. Just got taunted by Buffalo fans walking out. em all

He said that message boards are the worst invention of all time.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Point in broadcast? Ready to dial up ESPN3 to look at mad Warde on sidelines

Right when the camera was on Warde with a couple minutes left. Who knows exactly as there were no graphics.

Reaction Score
He said that message boards are the worst invention of all time.

He might be right there. But that doesn't change the face that PP has run this program into the ground. And if he said PP inherited no talent than he should go back to getting h jobs by Kara Woltes under the press table.

Reaction Score
Right when the camera was on Warde with a couple minutes left. Who knows exactly as there were no graphics.

FWIW the lack of usual ESPN graphics (down distance time other stats etc etc) was not helpful. Tough to read the Buffalo scoreboard they flashed instaed. Figured there must have been a graphics machine meltdown or ESPN figured it wasn't worth devoting the usual resources for what figured to be a crapshow.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Picozzi apologizing and saying our cupboard was bare and P has had only 2 recruiting classes is laughable. Saying the CT HS coaches love this guy made me vomit in my mouth. McHugh!!!!!!

I have hated this hire and this poor a.. Coach from day one. It still does not make me feel better I and most have been right sickening.

He's gone as sure as God makes little green apples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom