Dear AAC and it's fans | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Dear AAC and it's fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sure you did. As the first round was closing out you started a thread that implies AAC teams (including UConn) were all playing really bad (underwhelming), were overrated, and that their lower seeds were justified, which is silly because lower seedings typically means tougher 1st round games. Furthermore, the implication appears to be an attempt to marginalize the value of conference wins. I don't see how that doesn't hurt UConn in the short term. If the ACC went 0-3 and were blown out, your comments would have merit. The reality is that the conference went 2-1 and three tough match ups, so it looks like you have an agenda. What that is, I have no idea.

To be an attention whore?

Reaction Score
A 1 and a 3 are a huge difference. A 5 and a 7 are nothing in today's game.
I guess we'll disagree. Most years, a 5 gives you an easier first and second round date and neutral court. You also might get a 13. The only disadvantage to the 5 seed is that, if you do get out of the first weekend, you get the 1 seed earlier.

A 7 gives you a strong mid-major or a solid major conference team in the first round, and then the 2 seed, usually in their backyard. We "lucked out" this year, in that we think Villanova is the weakest 2, and that Buffalo isn't particularly close to them...but they're still a really good team.

And, the expected wins are also different. A 5 is expected to win 1.15 games...a 7 0.85 (a 6 seed is actually the best of the three, though, I think, both statistically and in terms of expected wins (1.28).

Reaction Score
It's always fun to have someone clueless have reality pointed out to them lash out with nonsense like this.

Yes, because I have eyes and am not a baby about the Big East that means it's 'my almighty Big East'.

You are a Bully (anonymous at that) ... and don't know what you are talking about.

We actually played well yesterday AGAINST a really good team (also under-seeded). Enjoy your lunch ...

Reaction Score
I like that the kid got some time. I hope he gets vhis confidence back, because he can be dynamite. But on a personal level...he deserved it! He came to UConn despite not being able to play in the NCAAs his freshman year. The kid has heart and devotion to the team. You get him minutes when you can, and hope he can come through. He's shown he's not afraid of the big moments.

I agree. One of my friends had a daughter who failed the driver's test twice. By the time the third time came around she was so stressed she was ready to give up driving altogether. She passed the test and now it's a distant memory. Ollie keeps putting in Calhoun to have some breakthrough minutes that he can build on. I hope it happens for him.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
All four AAC teams were underseeded by at least 1 spot, when compared to the EOY AP rankings. Cinci and Memphis should have been 1 higher. UConn and Louisville should have been 2 higher. I know someone said the Committee doesn't consider them in Tourney placement, but if that's the case, there is no reason to have the Top 25 anymore or at the very least any human voting polls.

Reaction Score
All four AAC teams were underseeded by at least 1 spot, when compared to the EOY AP rankings. Cinci and Memphis should have been 1 higher. UConn and Louisville should have been 2 higher. I know someone said the Committee doesn't consider them in Tourney placement, but if that's the case, there is no reason to have the Top 25 anymore or at the very least any human voting polls.
Eh. They do two different things. The AP poll is a flawed look at who the press thinks are the best teams right now.

The tournament committee is supposed to seed teams based on body of work.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You are a Bully (anonymous at that) ... and don't know what you are talking about.

We actually played well yesterday AGAINST a really good team (also under-seeded). Enjoy your lunch ...

I can't agree with this. We played well on offense, considering Bazz had a tough shooting night. The defense in the first half was astoundingly bad. We made a mediocre team look brilliant.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I can't agree with this. We played well on offense, considering Bazz had a tough shooting night. The defense in the first half was astoundingly bad. We made a mediocre team look brilliant.

And yet they hit some ridiculous shots. Credit for hitting their open ones, but still, it was absurd.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Eh. They do two different things. The AP poll is a flawed look at who the press thinks are the best teams right now.

The tournament committee is supposed to seed teams based on body of work.

Fine, then don't publish the AP or Coaches polls anymore. Publish only those polls and rankings that count.

I don't see why the Committee wouldn't at least use the Polls as a guide. The press is more in tune with the teams across the rest of the country. The Committee is made up of bureaucrats and ADs who only have their own school's best interest in mind.

Reaction Score
UConn defense could have been better, but Galloway hit some tough shots with a hand in the face.

Husky25

Reaction Score
UConn defense could have been better, but Galloway hit some tough shots with a hand in the face.
St. Joes shot 61% in the first half. It's fair to say that there were more defensive breakdowns than just a few S.W.A.S. by Galloway.

Reaction Score
Fine, then don't publish the AP or Coaches polls anymore. Publish only those polls and rankings that count.

I don't see why the Committee wouldn't at least use the Polls as a guide. The press is more in tune with the teams across the rest of the country. The Committee is made up of bureaucrats and ADs who only have their own school's best interest in mind.
Why? They do different things. Nothing wrong with taking vitals, but that doesn't tell you overall health.

Reaction Score
...and UMass getting their collective heads beat in is why we complained about our seeding. Are you really going to tell me this team deserved a 6 seed over UConn?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
...and UMass getting their collective heads beat in is why we complained about our seeding. Are you really going to tell me this team deserved a 6 seed over UConn?

Yes, I believe he is.

pj

Reaction Score
They underseeded the tournament champions - Louisville, Michigan State, St Joseph's.

Doesn't matter. We moved on.

Reaction Score
When you cry for a week about seeding and the three teams play like that, it's embarassing by definition. The league was a Brimah rebound and a Hancock three from being swept out the door today.

You know who else complained about the seeding? Vegas. You know, the guys who actually know how to evaluate teams... And they thought some of the seedings - in particular Louisville were a joke.

But hey, maybe you know more about college hoops than Vegas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom