Dear AAC and it's fans | The Boneyard

Dear AAC and it's fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Maybe less time crying about seeding and more time not embarrassing yourselves on the court.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't see what's so embarrassing. The AAC went 2-1 today. UConn and Cincinnati were slight favorites, so it's not as if one of them losing was some sort of shock.

When you cry for a week about seeding and the three teams play like that, it's embarassing by definition. The league was a Brimah rebound and a Hancock three from being swept out the door today.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
When you cry for a week about seeding and the three teams play like that, it's embarassing by definition. The league was a Brimah rebound and a Hancock three from being swept out the door today.
But your almighty Big East had a team lose in the play-in and are likely to have only two teams going to the round of 32. The American is our league now, get over it.

Reaction Score

You could just as easily say the league was two Cincinnati layups away from running the table. Obviously the AAC isn't on par with the major conferences, but UConn was under-seeded by at least one line and Louisville also had a legitimate gripe about being a four. Add that to the committee inexplicably placing three of the four teams in the same region, and it's fair to say the AAC got shafted.

Reaction Score
our draw is fine so its whatever but uconn was underseeded no matter how you look at it. our nonconference rpi was 15th in the country. we beat indiana and maryland on neutral courts, traveled across the country and smoked washington, crushed BU, beat harvard, only team to beat #1 overall seed florida with wilbekin

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You could just as easily say the league was two Cincinnati layups away from running the table. Obviously the AAC isn't on par with the major conferences, but UConn was under-seeded by at least one line and Louisville also had a legitimate gripe about being a four. Add that to the committee inexplicably placing three of the four teams in the same region, and it's fair to say the AAC got shafted.

I'm talking about the quality of their play than the final scores.

Was it unfair to put three in one region. Yes. Did it matter? No.

No point in crying about it until you know something actually materialized because of it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
But your almighty Big East had a team lose in the play-in and are likely to have only two teams going to the round of 32. The American is our league now, get over it.

It's always fun to have someone clueless have reality pointed out to them lash out with nonsense like this.

Yes, because I have eyes and am not a baby about the Big East that means it's 'my almighty Big East'.

Reaction Score
Remember when UConn won the national championship a few years ago? I'm guessing you do. Remember the actual games? Because they trailed in those games from time to time.

It happens, but guess what, they don't take away your win just because you played ugly for a while.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm talking about the quality of their play than the final scores.
You're right. Would have been preferable for us and Louisville to have played better and lost. Great point.

Maybe less time crying about quality of play and more time not embarrassing yourself on the board (grammar lessons might help, too).

Dope.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You're right. Would have been preferable for us and Louisville to have played better and lost. Great point.

Dope.

Yep you nailed it that's what I'm saying.

If you can't see how bad those teams made all the crying all week look...

Maybe it's not a vast conspiracy. Maybe the teams just aren't as good as the crybabies think.

Reaction Score

Maybe it's not a vast conspiracy. Maybe the teams just aren't as good as the crybabies think.
It's all about survive and advance at this point. Cincy openly begs to get out of the AAC. Louisville is leaving. All we care about is UConn. We survived and will advance.
Go on Oklahoma's board, or Ohio State's board to give them a hard time, they didn't survive.
BTW, just about every "expert" on TV says the AAC was disrespected. It's not just AAC fans whinning.

Reaction Score

Or maybe you should shut up and root on the team.. or don't. Lots of teams have had close games against "inferior" teams in the tournament and gone on to the Final Four or even win the NC. You either won or you didn't. There's no such thing as "almost losing".

Reaction Score
The better teams don't always advance in the tournament. Cinci will beat Harvard 75% of the time, just not yesterday. We beat a St. Joe's team that was playing better at the end of the year than it had all season, like us in 2011. Louisville played a poor game and won. You're reading much too much into the results of the first day of the tournament.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
To be fair, all three AAC team looked like excrement. Cincinnati was particularly awful, and watching them, you'd wonder how they won any games. Talk about the gang that couldn't shoot straight. Then UConn played matador defense for most of the game, and made St. Joe's look like the Dr. J lead 76's of old. Louisville, the "hottest team in the land" didn't look so hot against a team they should have beaten by 25 if they really were a #1 or #2 seed. The results weren't great and should have been 3-0 by the seeding, but the eye test? AAC flunked that.

Reaction Score
Playing ugly and still winning in March is sometimes the best victories.

I think if you go back through history, many NC teams have "won ugly" at some point in the tournament (stupid terminology to me.. all that ever matters to me is the final score, especially in March). The ugliest win is a million times better than the prettiest loss.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I think if you go back through history, many NC teams have "won ugly" at some point in the tournament (stupid terminology to me.. all that ever matters to me is the final score, especially in March). The ugliest win is a million times better than the prettiest loss.
Survive and advance my friend. Survive and advance.

Reaction Score
I thought UConn played pretty damn good down the stretch and in overtime. St. Joe's had a very solid team and if they had a little more depth would have been a legit sweet 16 contender.

Reaction Score
Louisville game was close because the other team was coached by a former Pitino assistant and the team was perfectly prepared for Louisville's game plan and matched up very well. Everyone knew it was going to be very close because of this.

Cincinnati happened to miss a few easy shots that their gonna make the vast majority of the time.

St. Joe's happened to hit a ton of shots and none of their starting 5 got into foul trouble until over time because their fouls happened to be very spread out among their players. At half time 6 players had 1 foul each.

None of this means the AAC teams are bad it's just circumstance. The AAC teams should have been seeded higher because of their performance over 35 games. It's irresponsible to judge a team based upon one game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom