Danny O'Brien | The Boneyard

Danny O'Brien

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dez Tweet.

#UConn #Wisconsin and #PennState I'm hearing are showing the most interest in former #Maryland QB Danny O'Brien.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
So after the Vanderbilt issue they are not among the teams showing the most interest? That is hard to believe.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Have a hard time believing that with our corps of QB's he'd give us serious consideration. Unless PP know s something we don't

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I thought the ban on Vanderbilt was lifted but the ban on non-con teams appearing on Maryland's sched the next two years was still in place? If so, that would eliminate us...

Reaction Score
Have a hard time believing that with our corps of QB's he'd give us serious consideration. Unless PP know s something we don't
Ehh, I'm guessing he knows if he comes here, he's starting right away. We have a lot of unproven commodities.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I thought the ban on Vanderbilt was lifted but the ban on non-con teams appearing on Maryland's sched the next two years was still in place? If so, that would eliminate us...

I believe that because of the media attention and pressure, he ended up giving him a release for all schools (maybe within conference is the exception if there are conference bylaws that specify that).

Reaction Score
I guess it was a slow tweet day for Dez and he had to make something up.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I guess it was a slow tweet day for Dez and he had to make something up.

Come on man, you know he doesn't play that game. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
It was sarcastic. The first 6 posts were people disputing the tweet. I believe Dez has more information than any of us combined.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
My apologies, then. Didn't catch it the first go round but now I'm with ya.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
To clarify my post, I wasn't disputing Dez, I was questioning my own knowlege of the situation more than anything.

Reaction Score
We have an opening at the position and a real chance to win the conference if a QB steps up. If DOB shows up in Storrs in June, he will be the clear favorite to win the position.

Reaction Score
Ehh, I'm guessing he knows if he comes here, he's starting right away. We have a lot of unproven commodities.

This. Danny O'Brien has shown more than any of our current qbs. He would be an instant starter.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
We have an opening at the position and a real chance to win the conference if a QB steps up. If DOB shows up in Storrs in June, he will be the clear favorite to win the position.
Agreed. I think some folks feel we have a QB glut at the moment. Until we get someone who can run the offense reliably... bring in the best competition and let it play out.

Reaction Score
Agreed. I think some folks feel we have a QB glut at the moment. Until we get someone who can run the offense reliably... bring in the best competition and let it play out.

Agreed bro... Same at the WR position...

Reaction Score
To clarify my post, I wasn't disputing Dez, I was questioning my own knowlege of the situation more than anything.

Now you know how we feel.

Questioning your knowledge that is. (grin) Sure wish I knew how to do those smiley faces from a smart phone.

Reaction Score

I tend to agree with you based on DOB's experience but we stll don't know how Whitmer will turn out.

If they do get DOB and no one is leaving there is no way the QB's get enough reps to see who is best, and that to me, is not fair to the QB's period.

If DOB xomes here, eitherway, one QB is outta here.

I'd rather work with what we have. Gluttony just gets you fat.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Now you know how we feel.

Questioning your knowledge that is. (grin) Sure wish I knew how to do those smiley faces from a smart phone.

Touche.

Grin is colon and then close parentheses. Like : ) without the space between

Reaction Score

If I have 2 donuts on my plate, a peanut butter sandwich, and a chicken breast...I'm not refusing the filet. Gluttony only gets fat if you choose to keep all the items on your plate.

Reaction Score
I tend to agree with you based on DOB's experience but we stll don't know how Whitmer will turn out.

If they do get DOB and no one is leaving there is no way the QB's get enough reps to see who is best, and that to me, is not fair to the QB's period.

If DOB xomes here, eitherway, one QB is outta here.

I can't tell you that no one would beat DOB out -- just that he would be a clear favorite coming in based on what each of them had accomplished. As for the others, the loser of a DOB -- Whitmer battle might leave, both Cochrane and Nebrich would redshirt and no one sees McCummings being an every down QB in any event. Life in the big leagues.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
BL: If Nebrich, McEntee, or Cochran wins (unlikely), would both DOB and Whitmer try their hand at an FCS school? I know UNH and Maine are good teams that need QB's.

This assumes that DOB comes here, of course.

Reaction Score
I can't tell you that no one would beat DOB out -- just that he would be a clear favorite coming in based on what each of them had accomplished. As for the others, the loser of a DOB -- Whitmer battle might leave, both Cochrane and Nebrich would redshirt and no one sees McCummings being an every down QB in any event. Life in the big leagues.

The loser of the DOB-Whitmer battle wouldn't leave, I think, because they'd be out of eligibility at that point, right?

I do think adding DOB might be a risky recruiting move, in that we probably promised Whitmer we wouldn't bring in any other transfers at the QB position...but for a talent like DOB, that's a risk I'm willing to take. I think Whitmer has the highest chance of being our starter next year, and he seems like a good kid - but sometimes we talk about him like we beat out Florida State for his services. I don't think we were exactly competing against top 25 teams.

Reaction Score
Look -who knows what will happen. Someone at Wisconsin thought they were going to start and lead Wisconsin to a Big Ten championship when Russell Wilson came in. None of this is ideal but until you have a QB who can get it done you have to take a chance to make sure you have one, whether it causes collateral damage or not. And of everyone now on our roster and DOB, only one has shown they can take a BCS level team to a winning season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom