Dan Orlovsky has some strong words for AD/UConn | The Boneyard

Dan Orlovsky has some strong words for AD/UConn

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
""It's sad, it really is," Orlovsky said of the state of sports in Storrs. "I went to the Syracuse game at Madison Square Garden. Even looking at UConn during timeouts, they looked like the inferior team. They looked like a low level college basketball team, and they played like it too. It's sad.""

"The AD is kind of a schmuck," Orlovsky told Metro. "The whole program is headed in the wrong direction. Rumor has it that they're looking at bringing in [baseball coach] Jim Penders in as AD. That's the rumor, but we'll see. They have to do something soon."

Jim Penders as new UConn AD? Dan Orlovsky rips Connecticut athletics

So who goes first - KO or DB ?

Reaction Score
Wow. Strong stuff. I'm wondering if a major shakeup is on the horizon.

Reaction Score
And who is Dan Orlovsky and why do we care? I mean, yah, fball QB, but why is his word something to go by?

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
This is the first I'm hearing of AD DB being anything other than a good AD. 'Schmuck' is certainly a strong word, but how much does Dan really know about the guy?

Reaction Score
Can't tell if you are being serious or not
I mean, I know he is qb from a decade or so ago, but what position does he have to make his words mean anything? does he have some kind of inside info that no one else knows??

Reaction Score
This is the first I'm hearing of AD DB being anything other than a good AD. 'Schmuck' is certainly a strong word, but how much does Dan really know about the guy?

Maybe he really did want a job on the football staff.

This is a bizarre quote. I can think of several shmucks past and present in the coaching and administration ranks and DB doesn't leap out front.

Reaction Score
Out of line, out of character.......does come across like a bit of sour grapes. Fair assessment of the hoops team at MSG though. Total disgrace. I mean, its bubble watch time and we have nothing to even look at.(for two years and counting!!!!)

Reaction Score
This is the same periodical and author (Matt Burke) that published the piece about UConn no longer being big-time. I believe in the thread about that article people ripped his credibility and the credibility of The Metro as a whole. That said, I'm not implying that he would make up quotes, so it's definitely still troubling.

Edit: link to previous thread that I referenced

Column: Matt Burke: UConn men's basketball is no longer 'big-time'

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I find this quote as hard to believe
DO was singing the DB praises when he brought RE back. There are tweets and quotes saying so.
The guy was probably the best QB ever at UConn but he really is out of his league with comments like this. I am sure RE, if the comments are true, is none to happy with Dan O.
Dan O can kiss any hopes of joining the UConn staff goodbye or maybe that's why he said it - maybe DB put a squash on hiring him to the staff.
When the programs are going through some issues, it is not time for a notable alumni to be bashing - but I know "freedom of speech" but that doesn't translate into being smart and using common sense

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Maybe he really did want a job on the football staff.

This is a bizarre quote. I can think of several shmucks past and present in the coaching and administration ranks and DB doesn't leap out front.
Yeah...this smells like a guy who didn’t get a job he wanted from the AD. The biggest hire DB has made was bringing back DOs coach....and DO loved the move. How he goes from loving that move to the AD being a schmuck is odd.

Seems personal.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
What notable alumni say carries more weight than I think we are giving DO credit for. Could you imagine if Bazz or another basketball alumni ripped the AD like this...

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
This has more of the “I wanted the Offensive Coordinator position with 0 coaching experience and David Benedict said no” vibe than it does the “David Benedict sucks” vibe. By all accounts AD David Benedict has been a complete and total rockstar. Although I guess there could be something going on behind the scenes that we don’t know about.

I just don’t see how removing the only coach in a men’s sport that is winning anything currently and putting him at AD is helping anything.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I love Dan-O, but this is not his finest hour. AD Dave is working to fix the mess caused by Warde and (it hurts me to write) Calhoun. Calhoun structured his exit to leave in a way that forced the university to hire Ollie as HC, a position he was not ready for. Warde gave KO a big extension after the last Championship (to be candid, I was supporting the call at the time). Warde's bigger mistake was cratering us with Diaco.

AD Dave fired Diaco and he will fire Ollie. He brought hope back to UCONN football with Edsall and Lashlee (I know he's gone, but he had a big impact on our O). Women's hoops and field hockey continue to dominate and win National Championships. Men's hockey is continuing to improve in the most competitive hockey conference. Baseball and soccer are above average nationally.

AD Dave is not the problem. He is the solution.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
A month ago we were in a frenzy he was going to leave to be the AD at Auburn. And now he's a "schmuck". AD David Benedict >>> Warde Manuel and Jeff Hathaway.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom