Dan Orlovsky has some strong words for AD/UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dan Orlovsky has some strong words for AD/UConn

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I have hard time believing DO actually said this, but if he did, I don't think he would have said it publicly unless he knows more than meets the eye and felt it was time the general public was aware. Is there any chance DB is somehow connected to the ncaa investigation?

Reaction Score
Everybody keeps touting the AD for bringing back Randy Edsall. Reminder: UConn was 3-9 last season, not much of a turn around. And RE was mediocre at best when he was here the first time. So let's not make to much of him coming back. He has instilled some hope in the program, he did seem to understand that an offense can be a wonderful thing (and thus let Lashee do his thing) and his press conferences made more sense that Bobby-Boy D's ever did. But lets not get carried away with RE. Remember, we got him because he was cheap.

Reaction Score
LOL. Love Dan Orlovsky. I just wish that he would have used those keen observational skills during his playing days in the NFL. Look we all know that at any game there are 5,000-10,000 fans second guessing the coach or AD. Dan, although famous around the Connecticut area, is just another face in the crowd with an opinion, just like mine.

Dan, like all of us, wants the best for the UConn Brand. However, I am trusting the process and looking at the big picture. Coach Ollie will get our program back on the right path.

Reaction Score
Yeah I would probably let him keep coaching the team.
s4eamxv.jpg

Reaction Score
If Edsall goes 3-9 again next season will Orlovsky make these same comments

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Everybody keeps touting the AD for bringing back Randy Edsall. Reminder: UConn was 3-9 last season, not much of a turn around. And RE was mediocre at best when he was here the first time. So let's not make to much of him coming back. He has instilled some hope in the program, he did seem to understand that an offense can be a wonderful thing (and thus let Lashee do his thing) and his press conferences made more sense that Bobby-Boy D's ever did. But lets not get carried away with RE. Remember, we got him because he was cheap.

It stuff like this that makes me wish we had a Reddit downvote option.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Danny O seems to be pushing for UConn to leave the American. I think the basketball fans would be ok w/ that, but what about football? Would he be happy with the Huskies playing in the MAC?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I feel DanO went out of bounds with the 'schmuck' comment. (If he said it)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
To the rest of the country, Orlovsky is a punchline. Maybe they are right.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Danny O seems to be pushing for UConn to leave the American. I think the basketball fans would be ok w/ that, but what about football? Would he be happy with the Huskies playing in the MAC?

No. And the reality (for me, probably not for a majority of the people on here) is that if/when UConn makes the move to split basketball and football into separate conferences or kills off the football team then I'll be pretty much out on UConn sports altogether.

Reaction Score
Very surprised to see him calling Benedict a schmuck. You would think there would be more respect for the guy who realized it was time to fire Diaco and bring back Edsall.

Sounds like it could be personal. Maybe Orlovsky tried to give his input on some things and was dismissed.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Dan O = car wash guy as far as opinions I value.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
:rolleyes:

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Am I crazy?

I sent the quote to my brother and his response was: "I mean, what has Benedict done that is really positive?"

Me: "IDK he fired Bob Diaco"

Him: "Well any AD would have done that"

Me: "So he doesn't get credit for it?"

Him: "UConn athletics does appear to be in a downward spiral and I can't say the guy in charge has really done anything to stop it"

Me: "OK well if they fire him to hire Jim Penders then we are a joke"

Him: "Why is that a joke?"

Benedict didn't create this mess, and I don't think he has been given the opportunity to really fix it either. The one knock against him is the Ollie extension, which was only bad in that it Ollie all the leverage, but there were constant reports of Ollie being courted by the NBA. Can we blame him for Rhett Lashlee leaving? IDK. I might not be able to list any major accomplishments, but I don't have any serious complaints with anything he has done either. I have no idea what it is like to work with the guy, maybe he is a schmuck. Long story short, he is not the person I would blame for this. There is a long list before I would get to him.

That being said, if the school let Benedict go tomorrow I wouldn't shed a tear. However, they better pony up and hire the best freaking AD available. Someone who has some actual experience. Not the freaking baseball coach. Maybe Penders would be fine, but this doesn't seem like the time for more experiments. If the ship continues to sink then maybe its time to start thinking about what role Susan Herbst has played in this mess.

Reaction Score
Am I crazy?

I sent the quote to my brother and his response was: "I mean, what has Benedict done that is really positive?"

Me: "IDK he fired Bob Diaco"

Him: "Well any AD would have done that"

Me: "So he doesn't get credit for it?"

Him: "UConn athletics does appear to be in a downward spiral and I can't say the guy in charge has really done anything to stop it"

Me: "OK well if they fire him to hire Jim Penders then we are a joke"

Him: "Why is that a joke?"

Benedict didn't create this mess, and I don't think he has been given the opportunity to really fix it either. The one knock against him is the Ollie extension, which was only bad in that it Ollie all the leverage, but there were constant reports of Ollie being courted by the NBA. Can we blame him for Rhett Lashlee leaving? IDK. I might not be able to list any major accomplishments, but I don't have any serious complaints with anything he has done either. I have no idea what it is like to work with the guy, maybe he is a schmuck. Long story short, he is not the person I would blame for this. There is a long list before I would get to him.

That being said, if the school let Benedict go tomorrow I wouldn't shed a tear. However, they better pony up and hire the best freaking AD available. Someone who has some actual experience. Not the freaking baseball coach. Maybe Penders would be fine, but this doesn't seem like the time for more experiments. If the ship continues to sink then maybe its time to start thinking about what role Susan Herbst has played in this mess.

I really don't think they'll hire Penders.

If they do, then we should just drop to D3 in all sports.

The days of "let's just hire our version of Vince Dooley as AD" are long over.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom