Dan Hurley says he won't coach into his 60s | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley says he won't coach into his 60s

Reaction Score
DH may have overcome the mental health issue with the 2023 National Championship. He proved he too, in a family of major achievers, could do something rare and very difficult.
As for money, which some here focus on, my bet is family is more important. Is Andrea wearing designer outfits to games or UConn sweatshirts? Is DH wearing expensive suits? My take is they are a blue collar family, with blue collar values related to work, family and lifestyle and DH knows he's already set for a life he likely never imagined while growing up in Jersey City.
He'll do what feels right at the time but my guess is he won't be here in his 70's.
Imagine listening to his takes on a game sitting with Hudson, Smith and Barkley.............
Ernie Hudson?
200w (5).gif

Reaction Score
You just can’t predict this stuff based on an off handed comment even by him. As hard as the job is these guys actually love the process.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
A standard joke of mine, beginning when I turned 60 (a bit more than three years ago) is that i have a good ten years left before I retire. In all candor, 63 does not feel anything like what I anticipated as recently as a dozen years ago (roughly DH's current age). Additionally, at 50 I was very confident that I would retire at somewhere around 63-65, now I won't consider the possibility.

We don't know what Hurley will do or want to do six, eight ten years out, he may even change his mind on this as time passes. I'm going to enjoy the time with him while he's here and worry about what's next when the time comes.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
There are so many variables. Continued success and making it your choice when to leave is big. I think Danny has that covered right now with what he has accomplished. But it’s sometimes harder to stay on top than to get there. I think it’s tougher to go through down seasons when coaches achieve top level success. I hope we see another 10 years of Danny on the sidelines and by that time we will have caught Kentucky and only trail UCLA in number of chips.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"denouement". This has to be a Boneyard first.............so to speak.
Yeah it kind of surprised me that he even knew what denouement.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
For what it's worth, I took that statement as being an acknowledgment by Hurley that he's working as hard as he possibly can currently and he couldn't see keeping up the pace indefinitely. That's kind of a good thing.

I'll worry about Danny's retirement when we get there. Right now, I'm just going to enjoy his coaching career here.

Reaction Score
If he wins back-to-back Titles this year, I can see him leaving next year at the ultimate peak for big money in the NBA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom