Dan Hurley Gone ..!!! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley Gone ..!!!

Reaction Score
Is it the ref's job to "look the other way"? Do you want a ref to "look the other way" when a foul/violation is committed?
When there is no reason for a tech and you get butt hurt and call one anyway...yes it is your job to look away. You made a bad no call, T'd up the coach for getting pissed..that asserts your no siht attitude, then you look away. Anything else is emotional. As a ref, you don't call based on emotions.

Reaction Score
Bottom line: he can’t do this crap. Period. He has earned himself a reputation. That’s on him.

Biggest game of the year and he’s sitting in the locker room for 60% of it. That’s just ridiculous.
It took me a while, but I think I figured out what the “gb” in your handle stands for. Out of politeness I won’t spell it out.

Seriously, you’re one of the worst of the worst on here. Not sure how someone can be so miserable and negative 24/7/365. Seek help. Seriously.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Pretty clear watching the replay that the pumping up of the crowd was Hurley showing his players, the refs, and the building he moved on from the T.

Sanogo came in and calmed him down, he cracked a smile with RJ, he chilled out, game presumed, and he turned to the crowd to get them back into it.

Just such a god awful call. Anyone saying Hurley was asking for this is a top tier dweeb

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
The boys seemed to play with a fire after Hurley got kicked out. This was winning basketball tonight we really havent seen from this group yet. Hoping this shows them they can really win at this lev.

Reaction Score
I vaguely remember a HOF getting kicked out of a couple of games or two. I think he coached for UConn too. Many revere him for doing it and the effect it hd on his teams.
He was a great coach. Doesn't mean he didn't deserved getting tossed.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Was Hurley's second tech worse than Ollie's vs Louisville in 14?

yes, because Hurley did absolutely nothing

he didn't yell at the ref
he wasn't arguing
he wasn't complaining demonstratively

he smiled, high fived Sanogo, turned to the crowd and waved to them to stand up

James Breeding was in way over his head all night long. He should never be allowed to do a big east game again

Reaction Score
Watched the replay. Stupid move by the ref. Hurley's reputation catching up to him. Gotta wonder if the refs have been told to reign in the coaches after Juwan Howard went nuts too.

A win is a win is a win. Move on and get better. Refs included.

Reaction Score
Is it the ref's job to "look the other way"? Do you want a ref to "look the other way" when a foul/violation is committed?

Look the other way is the wrong term because there was nothing to look the other way from. Pumping up the crowd is not illegal.

The Ollie double tech against Louisville was a look the other way one as he was still arguing. This was not.

Refs need to be held accountable.

And honestly anyone criticizing him for the 2nd tech needs to too smh

Reaction Score
Why? Is a potential technical foul less/more worthy of attention than a potential personal foul?
Yes, one is while the game is going on and your job is to look. The other is not your job

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
I just rewatched the sequence. Without hyperbole, that's the most pathetic display of referring I've ever seen. The first tech was a joke, the second is a disgrace. That ref should never see a college basketball court again.

Reaction Score
Was Hurley allowed to coach the team during half time in the locker room or is a coach not allowed to do so if they get ejected in the first half?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom