D backs coach advertisement | The Boneyard

D backs coach advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"Preferred Qualifications: Master's degree; three years experience (in the past five years) as a collegiate football coach at the FBS or FCS level; experience coaching defensive backs (corners, safeties or both) and experience as a special team's coordinator; demonstrated experience in the evaluation and recruiting process of qualified football student-athletes in the New Jersey and Connecticut areas; experience with the football policies of the Big East (American Athletic) Conference; and prior experience and aptitude working with the DVSport software system."

Well, Perkins coaches safeties, Sos coaches corners and is the recruiting coordinator, and Buggs is the special teams coordinator.

Take your pick.

Reaction Score
"Preferred Qualifications: Master's degree; three years experience (in the past five years) as a collegiate football coach at the FBS or FCS level; experience coaching defensive backs (corners, safeties or both) and experience as a special team's coordinator; demonstrated experience in the evaluation and recruiting process of qualified football student-athletes in the New Jersey and Connecticut areas; experience with the football policies of the Big East (American Athletic) Conference; and prior experience and aptitude working with the DVSport software system."

Well, Perkins coaches safeties, Sos coaches corners and is the recruiting coordinator, and Buggs is the special teams coordinator.

Take your pick.

GDL...

Foley back to O-line/TE

Sos back to WR w/ direction from TJW (only took CB because DB left).

But... Buggs can coach the secondary as he did @ PSU so it is interesting.

pj

Reaction Score
GDL leaves, Foley back to the O-line, Cersosimo to TEs?

And does it really matter whether a football coach has a Master's degree?

Reaction Score
Pete Roussel (@coachingsearch)
6/22/13, 11:22 AM
Source have informed me the UCONN corners coach Matt Cersosimo is leaving the staff. Post original url/xpkQEX

Que the FDNY99 happy dance ;)

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
GDL leaves, Foley back to the O-line, Cersosimo to TEs?

And does it really matter whether a football coach has a Master's degree?
If you're at Rutgers it doesn't even matter if you have a degree........

Reaction Score
Breaking: UCONN corners coach leaving Pasqualoni's staff

Posted by: Pete Roussel on Saturday June 21, 2013

Sources have informed CoachingSearch.com that UCONN corners coach / recruiting coordinator Matt Cersosimo is leaving Paul Pasqualoni's staff.

Cersosimo was set to enter his eighth season at UCONN, having also served under former Huskies' head coach Randy Edsall.

It is unclear at this time where Cersosimo is headed, although it could be a coveted high school job.

According to his bio, "Cersosimo boasts a deep coaching pedigree as his family is well established in the Connecticut high school ranks. His father, Rob, has served as head coach at Conard High School since 1984 while his grandfather, Bob McKee, was the head coach at West Hartford's Hall High School from 1951 to 1956 before moving to Conard where he was head coach from 1957-1984."

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Odd timing if true.

Not necessarily. It's a dead time on campus for the coaching staff interacting with the players. Mostly weight room and individual workouts.

Each of the coaches should have their list of recruits to target.

There's two time periods with coaching turnover. The period between bowl games and spring practice. And the time between spring practice and fall practice.

Reaction Score
We have stepped up on every coaching change so there's no reason to believe that won't happen here

Reaction Score
I wish him luck...i was actually interested to see how he would do as db coach (still wanted him replaced as recruiting coord). Time to step up the game and bring in another guy like Buggs and Weist. FYI Sacred Heart is still looking for a head coach.

Reaction Score
I wish him luck...i was actually interested to see how he would do as db coach (still wanted him replaced as recruiting coord). Time to step up the game and bring in another guy like Buggs and Weist. FYI Sacred Heart is still looking for a head coach.

For his sake I hope coach Sos is able to get the HC at Sacred Heart. They're mid major FCS. In his home state. Nice opportunity to build a program that needs a fresh start. Since they won their Natl Championship back in 2000 the program has pretty much been a non factor. He's worthy of getting a shot at turning that program around. But that's just speculation at this point. Nevertheless all the best to him.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
This to me is like a time of year no one is available hire...

Reaction Score
Rumors are that Matt is leaving to take Dad's job @ Conard in West Hartford.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Rumors are that Matt is leaving to take Dad's job @ Conard in West Hartford.

Interesting he is leaving a hundred thousand dollar of year job for a high school job that pays what thirty thousand a year unless he is made AD as well.

Reaction Score
Interesting he is leaving a hundred thousand dollar of year job for a high school job that pays what thirty thousand a year unless he is made AD as well.

He went there and his wife (2001 UConn grad) is the lacrosse coach there and they have young kids from what I remember... unless something out of left field pops up, my guess is this is a quality of life move. Heck the field is named after his father-in-law.

Reaction Score
Good move by Matt if it is true...quality of life or job security which ever way people want to say it...the fact he will be a 3rd generation coach at Conard HS is pretty cool!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

Well....

Make 100k at uconn this year. Then whole staff gets fired and he's looking for a job and moving to who knows where.
or
take hs job for 30k+ for next 25 years.

Reaction Score
Well....

Make 100k at uconn this year. Then whole staff gets fired and he's looking for a job and moving to who knows where.
or
take hs job for 30k+ for next 25 years.

That is a chicken way to go through life. For his sake, I hope that isn't his reasoning.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

If he is hired as a teacher, on top of coaching, he'll make close to the same money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom