Cure Your Moriah Fix With This... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cure Your Moriah Fix With This...

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It seems that so much of Jefferson's success inside the three-point line comes from lightening quick moves culminating with a scoop shot. Is
Not sure what the rest was gonna be. But yea, at 5-7(ish), she's not gonna post up much. I'm fine with a lot of her points coming off drives, break aways. Then throw in a couple 3 ptrs. It's all good.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Not sure what the rest was gonna be. But yea, at 5-7(ish), she's not gonna post up much. I'm fine with a lot of her points coming off drives, break aways. Then throw in a couple 3 ptrs. It's all good.

Phooey - my computer froze on me as I was posting. The question was whether her style of shooting inside will be sustainable in the WNBA.

Reaction Score
Phooey - my computer froze on me as I was posting. The question was whether her style of shooting inside will be sustainable in the WNBA.
Hi cabbie - As we all know, only special top level teams have a player who can drive to the hoop like Mo. (Driving to the hoop brings some defenders over and the 3 pt . shot is open or a post player is open for a pass/lay-up. Of course, her jets makes that possible. However, it is the RECOGNITION of the opening in the first place that makes it all possible. ( Nurse is still working on this IMO. Plus she is not as quick as Mo.) In the Pro game Mo will be able to do the same cause she won't go down with the trees UNLESS she sees that open lane. Breakaways are also the gift that keeps on giving. Her steals and her running the floor on others steals will still come IMHO. Final note- at any level a defender has to give MO some space since she is so quick. Now she can continue hitting the jumper after a jab step or two.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Just watched the vid again, 3rd or4th time.
What a dominating performance
What an amazing Husky.
So glad she's ours.
Still think, will always think, we could have gotten there earlier.
But that arguement is as stale as week-old bread.
Let's enjoy our own munchkin for one last year.
Go Moriah.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Cabbie,
I think her speed will translate to the next level but she will not get nearly as many shot inside. MoJeff also has relatively small hands and feet and this may also be a problem at the next level. Right now a good portion of her palm is involved in her jump shot. As a freshmen & Sophomore she had a tendency to carry/palm the ball while dribbling. To her credit palming/ carrying the ball is never a problem anymore so maybe with enough repetition her use of the palm on the shot can also be overcome permanently.

Reaction Score
Just watched the vid again, 3rd or4th time.
What a dominating performance
What an amazing Husky.
So glad she's ours.
Still think, will always think, we could have gotten there earlier.
But that arguement is as stale as week-old bread.
Let's enjoy our own munchkin for one last year.
Go Moriah.

Still think and will always think you are wrong about the pace of her development.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Still think and will always think you are wrong about the pace of her development.
I agree, the pace of her development was just fine. Contributor on a NC team as a freshmen, Starter on an undefeated NC team as a Sophomore, Lieberman award winner as a Junior and another NC. On Senior Night her name will go up on the Husky Wall of Honor and she will be top 5 WNBA pick. How much faster could she have possibly developed?

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I agree, the pace of her development was just fine. Contributor on a NC team as a freshmen, Starter on an undefeated NC team as a Sophomore, Lieberman award winner as a Junior and another NC. On Senior Night her name will go up on the Husky Wall of Honor and she will be top 5 WNBA pick. How much faster could she have possibly developed?

Ask her father…
Watch the tape of her High School antics

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Ask her father…
Watch the tape of her High School antics
Every father thinks their daughter is the greatest thing since slice bread, so yes I would expect him to say she should have been a 4 year starter at UCONN. Then reality would set in and he would realize that she would have to beat out Kelly Faris, Caroline Doty, Breanna Banks & Bria Hartley to make that happen. There are plenty of HS and AAU hype tapes out there with better highlights than MoJeff's HS tape. If you want to go by HS Hype tape google T'ea Cooper (the one of her getting out of a helicopter)-man I just don't see how UCONN missed out on that kid. MoJeff progression was just fine & it's not over yet, so as TO would say 'get your pop corn ready".

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
And the #3, 4, and 5 players have exactly ZERO national championships combined.

I still dispute Morgan being as low as #6.
Morgan's # 6 rating at the time was due to injury. Very comparable to Gabby last year who would have definitely cracked the top 10 if she was Healthy (McCormack had her #1) and in the same ball park of where I would expect Tori McCoy to be for the remainder of HS. We got 2 great players in Morgan and Gabby regardless of ranking. I wish us similar luck with Tori.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom