CTInsider article: Newtons decision coming soon | Page 4 | The Boneyard

CTInsider article: Newtons decision coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

dingaling

“There’s no better feeling than winning.” K.Powers
Reaction Score
If Newton gives Hurley a better chance at winning, he will start there regardless of what accolades might stand in the way. Newton is a national champion and was on the all final four team, so he definitely in the running for starting spot because I would imagine those accolades are more important than the Mcdonalds one. It will be pretty cut and dry once they get into practice and Hurley watches them play against each other. Its all gonna come down to skill and winning. I can almost gaurantee Hurley prioritizes winning over feelings. And I bet he had a conversation with everyone that you need to earn a spot, regardless of how well they did in high school.

Reaction Score
If Newton gives Hurley a better chance at winning, he will start there regardless of what accolades might stand in the way. Newton is a national champion and was on the all final four team, so he definitely in the running for starting spot because I would imagine those accolades are more important than the Mcdonalds one. It will be pretty cut and dry once they get into practice and Hurley watches them play against each other. Its all gonna come down to skill and winning. I can almost gaurantee Hurley prioritizes winning over feelings. And I bet he had a conversation with everyone that you need to earn a spot, regardless of how well they did in high school.
And let's not forget effort. If Castle does not practice hard, he will not play. I'm sure he will, but nobody can be 100% certain of the starting five at this time.

Reaction Score
AJ Price almost died going into that season and he redshirted. Then he was suspended another year. His first year—which was technically called his sophomore year—he started all but one game.

Castle is going to start. He's not walking onto a team with a junior Dyson and senior Price, or a junior Gordon and a senior Brown. It's much more akin to the situation that El-Amin stepped into.
I expect him to start. But if Newton comes back, and Timberlake comes, he will have to earn it. That's all my point was. No one is just handing him a starting role if starting him doesn't make the team better.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Can confirm. I can't even make a scambled egg in my house without my wife citing some district court case from Wyoming in 1974 to tell me I'm doing it wrong.
I've got news for you, you don't need to be married to a lawyer to have your wife always tell you "you're doing it wrong".

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I expect him to start. But if Newton comes back, and Timberlake comes, he will have to earn it. That's all my point was. No one is just handing him a starting role if starting him doesn't make the team better.
You’d think there’d be enough examples of guys at schools like duke and Kentucky, who don’t play up to their rating year 1, that people wouldn’t be so persistent about our guy flying out of the gates. The number 1 recruit was benched for a senior transfer from Northwestern this year.

Castle has said Dan didn’t promise him anything anyways, which was something he respected about Dan.

Reaction Score

Portsmith Invitational Roster…. Look and draw own conclusions

There are guys on there who have officially announced they are returning to college (like Damion Baugh). It's a weird time for the PIT with the COVID years. Not much you can draw from that.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
My wife isn't a lawyer. I'm not sure you're any more likely to be deemed to be doing everything wrong.
I've got news for you, you don't need to be married to a lawyer to have your wife always tell you "you're doing it wrong".
I once argued that mine can either tell me what to do or how to do something, but not both. Essentially, if you want it done your way, do it yourself. That didn't go over well.

Reaction Score
Yes. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Castle, Newton, Jackson, Karaban and Clingan is a better shooting starting 5 than Cole, Martin, Jackson, Whaley and Sanogo.
I'm more excited about the assists from this lineup.

giphy.gif

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Is Castle going to get a chance to start? Of course he is. But anyone who thinks that Danny Hurley isn't going to start the guys who give him the best chance to repeat, as opposed to doing what Calipari does and picking lineups not to win but to help him recruit in the future, doesn't know Danny Hurley.
On the other hand, thinking that castle, based upon his résumé, and athleticism, might well end up being a starter isn’t an unreasonable position. If it happens, it won’t be because Dan Hurley has suddenly abandoned a philosophy of putting his best five on the floor to start the game.

Reaction Score
On the other hand, thinking that castle, based upon his résumé, and athleticism, might well end up being a starter isn’t an unreasonable position. If it happens, it won’t be because Dan Hurley has suddenly abandoned a philosophy of putting his best five on the floor to start the game.
Fully agree. I fully expect him to start and have said that in many other threads.

CL82

Reaction Score
That's really hard to justify.

Replace our best shooter, Hawkins, with Castle and then replace a much improved shooter in Sanogo with Clingan, who hasn't shown he can shoot yet in game play?
No one has seen Castle play at the college level so the assumption is he will be flawless. That’s the norm around here after the season ends and we start looking forward.

CL82

Reaction Score
Can confirm. I can't even make a scambled egg in my house without my wife citing some district court case from Wyoming in 1974 to tell me I'm doing it wrong.
Well, Eggland’s Best vs. Tupperware is taught to every first year law student…

Reaction Score
I once argued that mine can either tell me what to do or how to do something, but not both. Essentially, if you want it done your way, do it yourself. That didn't go over well.
LMFAO. I have told my wife that before, when it came organizing the laundry. It did not go well, for sure.

Reaction Score
I'll try this tonight. 80% shot you never hear from me on the 'yard again.

I doubted that. If You’ve survived this long, you are almost non-killable at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom