CTInsider article: Newtons decision coming soon | Page 5 | The Boneyard

CTInsider article: Newtons decision coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There are lots of things changed since Hurley had the recruiting pitch with Castle. I don’t think he anticipated we won Natty this year or Newton contemplating his return.

Dan will have a talk with Newton and most likely touch upon the dynamics in PG position. But this is a good problem to have in my eyes.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
There are lots of things changed since Hurley had the recruiting pitch with Castle. I don’t think he anticipated we won Natty this year or Newton contemplating his return.

Dan will have a talk with Newton and most likely touch upon the dynamics in PG position. But this is a good problem to have in my eyes.

Castle was not an all American when he committed, the talks with him would’ve been similar to other top 50ish recruits we’ve had, which is probably something like 2 and done realistically. I know he’s seen his star rise since his commitment, but he’s not bigger than what’s best for the team.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I once argued that mine can either tell me what to do or how to do something, but not both. Essentially, if you want it done your way, do it yourself. That didn't go over well.
I like the old philosophical question:

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody hears it, is the husband still wrong?".

Reaction Score
Castle was not an all American when he committed, the talks with him would’ve been similar to other top 50ish recruits we’ve had, which is probably something like 2 and done realistically. I know he’s seen his star rise since his commitment, but he’s not bigger than what’s best for the team.
He was a top 30 recruit when he committed at a premium NBA position (big playmaker). I'm sure 1 and done was always on the radar.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Can confirm. I can't even make a scambled egg in my house without my wife citing some district court case from Wyoming in 1974 to tell me I'm doing it wrong.
At least she didn’t take you back to rulings in the Salem witch trials like Alito or Deep would hang you for that bad scramble!!

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Stephon Castle will start game 1 WITH Tristen Newton. The 3 spot is the one up for grabs The End.

Castle, Newton, Jackson

OR

Castle, Newton, Alleyne/Timberlake
Good God it would be fun to watch castle Newton and Jackson as 3 6’5”+ playmakers if it happens. Especially with a lob threat like DC

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Stephon Castle will start game 1 WITH Tristen Newton. The 3 spot is the one up for grabs The End.

Castle, Newton, Jackson

OR

Thinking about this making me salivate

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Me.

1638673615192.jpg

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I expect him to start. But if Newton comes back, and Timberlake comes, he will have to earn it. That's all my point was. No one is just handing him a starting role if starting him doesn't make the team better.
Yeah? It’s 2023 . Try not handing a top 10 5 star a starting job. . Let’s see how that works out.

Reaction Score
Yeah? It’s 2023 . Try not handing a top 10 5 star a starting job. . Let’s see how that works out.
Agreed. I don’t think Hurley gonna hand anybody anything though. He gonna get the chance to start just like everybody else. I think he does start though.

Reaction Score
A lineup that has Castle, Newton (hopefully), Andre Jackson (hopefully), Karaban, and Clingan starting and playing on average 25-28 minutes each is the most likely outcome. Having size and athleticism in the backcourt and at small forward should help with rebounding and defending. AK and DC will likely make putting on muscle and strength a priority in the offseason anyway. If Andre and Tristen are back, watch out.

Reaction Score

Castle, Newton, Jackson

OR

Samson Johnson has to be approaching this coming season with the mindset of earning a starting spot also. Karaban will most likely be working on adding perimeter wing skills/ball handling/driving/midrange. Just sayin.

Newton's decision is maybe the biggest key to the whole lineup.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer