"CT is a warm up game" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

"CT is a warm up game"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ending the FB program would help us get a LAX team. We need to seriously think of what we want as a FB program, are we a big time program or are we trying to be a FCS program playing as a FBS team. The next coach should tell us what we are.
If UCONN cut football...you can kiss scholarships for women's sports good by. To be compliant in Title IX 52% of your athletic scholarships have to be for females. If you take away 85 football scholarships you will see the elimination of 44.2 women's scholarships. Get the picture?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
What he is saying is that most schools would have the WBB coach being paid 7th after FB, MBB, Baseball, a few FB assistant coach and maybe ice hockey... Geno is worth his $$4, but now we need to get a FB coach who will go out and make the players believe they could beat Bama, LSU, Florida and BYU, not a coach who coaches the team to lose to Towson...

If we want to show the ACC or the B1G that we are serious about FB, we need to pay the FB coach MORE then Geno!!

I agree. UConn needs to pay up to get a quality coach. I just wasn't sure the the gratuitous shot at the women's team was necessary to make your point.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Geno= God,leave the man out the conversation he puts quality on the court year in and year out and wins,oh and don't forget the entertainment part too.

Reaction Score
I have heard from pretty good authority that the above is being fully addressed.
Translation: FfldCntyFan's not so cryptically conveying UCONN's solicitations are out for quality, dynamic recruiting, coaching staff financing.

Reaction Score
Warde is not a dumb man. He moves deliberately, not slowly. I hear that he actually does a bunch of research on his own and is a good listener.

Add to that, he is a football guy. I am pretty comfortable that he understands the calculus better than any of us do.

In the coming weeks my guess is that we will start hearing who he is talking to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom