Creighton advances! (Merged) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Creighton advances! (Merged)

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I was frustrated watching Creighton missing so many layups down the stretch,
but the made the big shot when they needed it. Great win for them and for the
Big East.
Imagine rooting for Iowa and watching them miss 2 layups at the end that would've given them the lead/game Head bang

Not a pretty game but a gritty one nonetheless. Very impressed with Creighton's mental toughness to not get rattled once they went down by 4 late.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Congrats Creighton.. Goes to show you the Big East is not the weak conference that many tried to tell us it was. Home court advantage to Iowa with 14,000+ fans and they lost. So much for UConn playing in CT. Shows you that UConn is better then advertised too because Creighton and Nova have some good wins and are better then advertised too. I said it earlier that giving a conference over 5 teams a shot at the NCAAs is not fair especially teams with 500 or below 500 records in the conference. Belmont and a few others come to mind. For all those concerned about a possible match up with Indiana dont be. UConn even with some of the flaws that have been brought up on this board is very very powerful. We dont depend on 1 or 2 players we depend on 9. All this hype about other teams is just that. UConn is on a mission and I believe they will complete their mission.

Reaction Score
I watched the game. Creighton played great defense, keeping Clark to one basket in the second half.

I used to complain about the weak Big East, but this game changed my mind.
It should change everyone’s mind. Let’s see what Villanova does now.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Congrats Creighton.. Goes to show you the Big East is not the weak conference that many tried to tell us it was. Home court advantage to Iowa with 14,000+ fans and they lost. So much for UConn playing in CT. Shows you that UConn is better then advertised too because Creighton and Nova have some good wins and are better then advertised too. I said it earlier that giving a conference over 5 teams a shot at the NCAAs is not fair especially teams with 500 or below 500 records in the conference. Belmont and a few others come to mind. For all those concerned about a possible match up with Indiana dont be. UConn even with some of the flaws that have been brought up on this board is very very powerful. We dont depend on 1 or 2 players we depend on 9. All this hype about other teams is just that. UConn is on a mission and I believe they will complete their mission.
Right now FGCU has scored more points at the half than South Carolina and Miami did in their first half combined. The fallacy of the P5 conferences is being put to the test this tournament and I hope it continues.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Some BE teams may not be flashy, but they play solid hoop and get the job done. And this also pertains to Geno's comment that when BE teams play 2x and beat each other up, it's "bad", but when SEC teams do it, it shows how "awesome' the conference is ...

Reaction Score
Iowa is a two person team. The won the Big10 tourney. But a two person team is not going to get you too far as witnessed today.

You need the threat of at least 3 scorers to survive. Preferable 5 scorers.
That third option is so incredibly important.

Reaction Score
Go Big East! Get some respect. Hope that the other teams pick up some good players to be more competitive next year and kick some out of league butt.

Reaction Score
You’re kidding, right? Big East under rated. 2 teams that almost didn’t make the dance advance. One already in sweet 16. Big ten over rated. Iowa defense weak and to reliant on 2 players. no way B1G deserved 4 teams in the top 16. Pretty obvious stuff.
No I’m not, I thought you were. Lol. Creighton had some bad losses during the season, and didn’t have any notable or dominant wins. Lost to Drake, Marqette, South Dakota, and lost to Seton Hall in Big East Tournament. Considering that, I thought a 10 seed was very generous.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Hahaha... Iowa coach blames the ref.
Not Accurate. She correctly pointed out that the game was called differently than all year. But she made it absolutely clear ( to everyone but you, apparently) that Creighton deserved credit for the win, and she didn't want to take anything away from them. Clark pointed out that she always looks for more calls, as does the opposing team.

Hypothetical question, if God forbid, UConn loses, how many fans do you think wll blame the Refs?

Reaction Score
Not Accurate. She correctly pointed out that the game was called differently than all year. But she made it absolutely clear ( to everyone but you, apparently) that Creighton deserved credit for the win, and she didn't want to take anything away from them. Clark pointed out that she always looks for more calls, as does the opposing team.

Hypothetical question, if God forbid, UConn loses, how many fans do you think wll blame the Refs?

Fans can blame the ref, but I don't think I have ever heard Geno blames the ref for one of the loss. She can say whatever she wants about giving Creighton credit, but she started out by saying that the game is called differently, and that's blaming the refs. Game is always called differently and it is up to the players/teams to adjust to how a game is being called a particular day. I thought that's how it has always been. The refs are not robot, they don't call the game the same way every single time. Just look at the NFL.

Reaction Score
Anyone think having to play against Paige twice a year for two years didn't help these young women? The best advertisement for the Big East in a long time.

Pretty sure they didn’t play against Paige this year. Pretty sure the win had nothing to do with paige

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
No I’m not, I thought you were. Lol. Creighton had some bad losses during the season, and didn’t have any notable or dominant wins. Lost to Drake, Marqette, South Dakota, and lost to Seton Hall in Big East Tournament. Considering that, I thought a 10 seed was very generous.
Every team they lost to is either in the March Madness or NIT, so I don't see those as "bad losses" as you say. While Iowa lost to Duke and Northwestern, neither of them are in post season play.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Pretty sure they didn’t play against Paige this year. Pretty sure the win had nothing to do with paige
In a rare instance I actually looked it up. UConn beat Creighton by 8 at home, without Paige and Azzi. A month later, they beat Creigton at Creighton by 20, without Paige and Dorka. Just for the record.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Fans can blame the ref, but I don't think I have ever heard Geno blames the ref for one of the loss. She can say whatever she wants about giving Creighton credit, but she started out by saying that the game is called differently, and that's blaming the refs. Game is always called differently and it is up to the players/teams to adjust to how a game is being called a particular day. I thought that's how it has always been. The refs are not robot, they don't call the game the same way every single time. Just look at the NFL.
I'll let people watch the presser and decide for themselves. Bluder accurately pointed out that thru the season, there were an average of 34 fouls called per game, but in this game only 22. She was commenting on the lack of consistency. I wonder if these refs ever did an Iowa game this season?

I do believe that Geno has commented on the quality, or lack of it, of the Refs in WCBB. Maybe as a general comment rather than a specific game or loss.

Reaction Score
ESPN can't be happy Clark is out so early. :rolleyes:
Begs the question is she still a lock for NPOY? I’m not so sure. Iowa had a weak schedule and really didn’t have a strong OOC schedule. There are some other girls just as deserving for NPOY, Olivia Miles for one, Alyssa Morrow for another.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Begs the question is she still a lock for NPOY? I’m not so sure. Iowa had a weak schedule and really didn’t have a strong OOC schedule. There are some other girls just as deserving for NPOY, Olivia Miles for one, Alyssa Morrow for another.
Aneesa Morrow

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom