crappy winter weather a factor for Monday? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

crappy winter weather a factor for Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Doesn't sound like the snow is going to be that bad, maybe 8-12 inches spread out over a couple of days.

My Weather Channel app is saying 8-14 inches, with he worst of it being Sunday night into Monday night. To your point, we've had worse, but this is no picnic to drive in.. Not to mention the time it takes to clear out a driveway.

This absolutely sucks, but I may not be able to use my ticket Monday.

Reaction Score
My Weather Channel app is saying 8-14 inches, with he worst of it being Sunday night into Monday night. To your point, we've had worse, but this is no picnic to drive in.. Not to mention the time it takes to clear out a driveway.

This absolutely sucks, but I may not be able to use my ticket Monday.
A foot of snow is very manageable, especially if it mostly falls as a light snow, so roads shouldn't be terrible.

Reaction Score
Barring an accident on my way there...I will definitely be there...it's a later game so plenty of extra time for a slower commute.

Jim

Reaction Score
Two thoughts on this: 1) it was because of the weather outside in Springfield that Naismith created a game which could be played indoors, an 2) the weather might indeed cause a few empty seats at Gampel. But those that do brave the travel, really, really want to be there. They are the ones that provide the bulk of the noise and energy at all home games. The weather will filter off the fair weather fans and leave the Gamecocks at the mercy of a concentrated dose of truly rabid fans.

Reaction Score
Looks like those of us who won't attend can donate our tickets to students. Check your email, folks. I may have to exercise this option. Let's not let our tickets go to waste!

Reaction Score
The weather outside will be frightful, well maybe. But if it is bad enough that you don't want to make the trec to Storrs and you have two tickets please let me know. I may be interested. I'm out of work so I can't pay a boadload but maybe we can work something out. I live in MA (Springfield) so depending on the roads it may/may not work for me either. But I'm an optimist and would love to see the game. I've never been to Gampel so I may be biting off more than I can chew both with travel and parking. But one step at a time. First, I would have to have 2 tickets. Either way Go Huskies!

Hey don't forget about me if you are considering not going to the game. Just got this post on my Facebook providing info on tickets if you are not going to the game. I direct your attention to option #1. You can PM me if you are willing to be generous, and thank you for looking. Scott

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/020815aac.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog