Courant article on zach transferring to putnam | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Courant article on zach transferring to putnam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don't know the full story, but it is kind of strange how they seemingly bailed on Miami High midway through the season.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/high-school/article56774153.html

Reports surfaced Tuesday that Brown, who recently committed to the University of Connecticut, had transferred from Miami High to Putnam Science Academy — a prep school located roughly 23 miles from the UConn campus.

Brown’s legal guardian, Michael Lipman, could not be reached by phone by the Miami Herald on Tuesday night.

“As of right now, all I can say is Zach is no longer here at Miami High School,” Miami High coach Javorie Wilson said. “I last spoke to him and his guardian this past weekend. But I have not heard from Zach since Sunday, and he wasn’t sure yet what he was going to do. As far as I know he was here [in Miami] Sunday.”

Reaction Score
Don't know the full story, but it is kind of strange how they seemingly bailed on Miami High midway through the season.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/high-school/article56774153.html

Reports surfaced Tuesday that Brown, who recently committed to the University of Connecticut, had transferred from Miami High to Putnam Science Academy — a prep school located roughly 23 miles from the UConn campus.

Brown’s legal guardian, Michael Lipman, could not be reached by phone by the Miami Herald on Tuesday night.

“As of right now, all I can say is Zach is no longer here at Miami High School,” Miami High coach Javorie Wilson said. “I last spoke to him and his guardian this past weekend. But I have not heard from Zach since Sunday, and he wasn’t sure yet what he was going to do. As far as I know he was here [in Miami] Sunday.”

Just saw this updated story from USA that adds a little more:

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/uconn-commit-zach-browns-transfers-to-conn-prep-school

Reaction Score
I would rather have Brown stay in 2017. Next year, we seem to have a crowded front court. Facey, Brimah, Enoch, Diarra, and possibly Durham would all be competing for playing time. If I was Brown, I'd wait until Facey and Brimah are gone.

Reaction Score
Replying to comments made about the Putnam Science roster, just take a look at the other teams at Hoophall and you will see there are many comparable rosters, even adding Zach Brown. Putnam Science now has 2 top 20 players in the 2017 class and a top 150 in 2016, as well as a top 200. Other teams can match that. Plus, Putnam Science is weakest at point guard. I have had the Putnam Science vs Brewster game on Feb 20th circled. Now I'm extra hyped for that. Based on watching Diarra, he plays the paint, it will be a good coaching challenge to have him and Brown on the court together, because I doubt that either at this point has a productive game more than a couple of steps from the rim. Offensively the challenge increases also for Diallo because he constantly attacks the rim and now there will be a traffic jam there. With Vance Jackson's 3 point shooting part of this problem is fixed at UConn because the defense needs to stay extended. Putnam Science hasn't got a deep shooter to keep defenses from collapsing down. (Chuba didn't play when I saw them so he may be a shooter). I'll be really interested how this team is coached.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I think people are underrating TLarrier. 6'6-6'7 swing who can guard, rebound and shoot the ball. Think people are going to need to go through him at the 3 next year if Rodney, DHam and all are gone.

Not meaning to do so. Just saying HD would probably not come with RP here, so the lack of another scholarship (if Brown came early) would not be a problem. Not saying I prefer a reclassified HD over Rodney either

Reaction Score
In a front court with Brown and Enoch, who plays center? Assuming Brown doesn't reclass, Enoch will play backup to whichever big comes out first. Then in 2017, I don't see us benching Brown for Durham.
I will be surprised and disappointed if Enoch is not much better 2 years from now. And somewhat surprised if a Jr. SE isn't more effective than a freshman ZB

T

TroyHouse66

<<... employees of Putnam Science Academy...were offered their jobs back as a new ownership group, backed by Chinese investors, had been found. “... bringing the basketball program back was one of the top priorities,” ....>>

We could wind up with the majority of 7 foot+ Eastern immigrants to the US!

Does President Trump know about this? The specs for height of the West Coast border wall will need to increase. Putnam and Pomfret will start looking like "Straight Outtah Canton" and the Athens Pizzeria could turn into a Dim Sum dive.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I will be surprised and disappointed if Enoch is not much better 2 years from now. And somewhat surprised if a Jr. SE isn't more effective than a freshman ZB
I meant Enoch starts but we won't bench brown for Durham. That's why I asked who plays center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom