Courant article on zach transferring to putnam | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Courant article on zach transferring to putnam

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Yeah, players can reclassify as late as August. Drummond did it the day before the fall semester started.
7c687debe61f4b5aca1f1465811bbd05.jpg

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Hopefully, he will make friends with Diallo.

Reaction Score
Hopefully, he will make friends with Diallo.

Could you imagine the two of them coming here at the same time, after playing with each other for a year, and then having Diarra on the roster at the same time? Say bye bye to any perceived chemistry issues.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Could you imagine the two of them coming here at the same time, after playing with each other for a year, and then having Diarra on the roster at the same time? Say bye bye to any perceived chemistry issues.
or a recruiting problem...

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Best of luck wherever he goes, lets just keep it legal, keep it clean and keep that commitment to UConn - PLEASE
If you want to join the team in 2016 - c'mon in

Reaction Score
Lets be real, 2016 talk is nice but logistically its better for us to wait for Amida and Facey to graduate and for Brown to get another year of playing top competition and developing without any huge risks. Plus, you know he'll be in Diallo's ear all year!

Reaction Score
Lets be real, 2016 talk is nice but logistically its better for us to wait for Amida and Facey to graduate and for Brown to get another year of playing top competition and developing without any huge risks. Plus, you know he'll be in Diallo's ear all year!
Yeah i mean i would welcome him next year in a heartbeat but we will have Brimah, Facey, Enoch, Durham(hopefully healthy), and Jackson who i think will mostly play the 4, here. Pretty loaded front court I'd say.

Reaction Score
Yeah i mean i would welcome him next year in a heartbeat but we will have Brimah, Facey, Enoch, Durham(hopefully healthy), and Jackson who i think will mostly play the 4, here. Pretty loaded front court I'd say.
The argument to this is that list includes one true center (with the ability to slide to that spot for Enoch) and three real post players, assuming that you can't really expect anything from Durham. In 2017 you'd have a very young front court and its hard to count on freshmen big men for anything.

Reaction Score
The argument to this is that list includes one true center (with the ability to slide to that spot for Enoch) and three real post players, assuming that you can't really expect anything from Durham. In 2017 you'd have a very young front court and its hard to count on freshmen big men for anything.
Any I the only one thinking Enoch will see a majority of his playing time at the 5.

Reaction Score
Any I the only one thinking Enoch will see a majority of his playing time at the 5.
No, I really don't get this Enoch isn't a true center talk at all. Dude is 6'10", has a wingspan over 7ft, and weighs 250lb+, how is that not a college center? I'm with you, I'll doubt we'll see Enoch playing many minutes outside of C for his UConn career.

Reaction Score
Just read an article in the Miami Herald that Brown hasn't played in his last 5 games because of "skirmish" that happened in a tourny they played in Kentucky in December. His coach sat him as a precaution as they awaited word from the governing board.

I say a new environment will do him some good and not just for basketball.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
No, I really don't get this Enoch isn't a true center talk at all. Dude is 6'10", has a wingspan over 7ft, and weighs 250lb+, how is that not a college center? I'm with you, I'll doubt we'll see Enoch playing many minutes outside of C for his UConn career.
In a front court with Brown and Enoch, who plays center? Assuming Brown doesn't reclass, Enoch will play backup to whichever big comes out first. Then in 2017, I don't see us benching Brown for Durham.

Reaction Score
In a front court with Brown and Enoch, who plays center? Assuming Brown doesn't reclass, Enoch will play backup to whichever big comes out first. Then in 2017, I don't see us benching Brown for Durham.
Well Durham was a top 15 talent. Still is, just had some very unfortunate injuries. Also, Enoch and Durham complement eachother much better than Enoch and Brown.

Reaction Score
I seriously doubt we don't see a significant amount of Enoch and Brimah on the court at the same time next year and then in 2017, probably time with Brown and Enoch. He's going to be playing quite a bit at both positions, but if the other team comes with a competent 7-footer, I'm not sure I want to see Enoch guarding him in a perfect world.

Reaction Score
Way too early to say who will play where in 2017-2018 without knowing what these guys will look like 2 seasons from now.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Not sure if Diallo comes here early if Purvis is here. This could work out perfectly. A scholarship for Brown and, if there is an opening, a scholarship would be there for Diallo.

Reaction Score
Not sure if Diallo comes here early if Purvis is here. This could work out perfectly. A scholarship for Brown and, if there is an opening, a scholarship would be there for Diallo.

I think people are underrating TLarrier. 6'6-6'7 swing who can guard, rebound and shoot the ball. Think people are going to need to go through him at the 3 next year if Rodney, DHam and all are gone.

Reaction Score
I would rather have a super senior Purvis than a reclassified Diallo. Purvis would tear teams up next year and Diallo would have one more year to get ready to be an impact freshman.

Look at Thornton on Duke. Top 10 2016 recruit who reclassified. He's been ok as a freshman for Duke, but not nearly as good as Purvis has been this year or would be next year.

Thornton and Diallo aren't the same player, of course, but odds are that Purvis would be better than almost every freshman guard in the country, let alone one who reclassified up a year.

Reaction Score
I would rather have a super senior Purvis than a reclassified Diallo. Purvis would tear teams up next year and Diallo would have one more year to get ready to be an impact freshman.

Look at Thornton on Duke. Top 10 2016 recruit who reclassified. He's been ok as a freshman for Duke, but not nearly as good as Purvis has been this year or would be next year.

Thornton and Diallo aren't the same player, of course, but odds are that Purvis would be better than almost every freshman guard in the country, let alone one who reclassified up a year.
Yeah, I agree with you. And from what I've read, Diallo's top 10 ranking in 2017 is contingent upon him remaining in 2017. If he were top go to 2016, he'd likely drop, not sure how far though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom