Could we win it all? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Could we win it all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
shush_finger_1.jpg

Reaction Score
I forgot to mention Wichita State who I have in the title game. They don't have any real flaws and are a great team.

Reaction Score
Once you get to the sweet 16, especially looking at this years tournament field, the national championship is really up for grabs. This team has what it takes and I think has just enough pieces to get the job done. You need 3 keys pieces to be a champion:

1) Great guard play
Is there any question that we have the best front court in the country? Shabazz is the most clutch player in the country and can bring us over the hump in those closer games. Boat has become a key play maker, who's assists have been off the charts lately and gives a chance for Bazz to play off the ball. And now with emergence of Terrence Samuel we have a reliable back up and spark off the bench.

2) Shooters
We have multiple long range threats in NG, RB, LK, SN, and DD. Hell, maybe even Omar could still come in a light it up out of no where.

3) A great big man
Amida is becoming a force inside and a true defensive anchor. That takes away a lot of scoring options for opponents and is an intimidation factor. It forces teams to beat us from the outside (as we saw with Nova). Nolan is contributing positive minutes and we have an option in Olander if we need a little more muscle and tourney experience. I truely think the two headed monster of Amida and Phil will hold their own. Plus Deandre and Neils has really pitched in big time in the rebounding and defense department.

In addition we are quick, we are a veteran squad, we are hungry as ever for being left out last year, and last but not least we have arguably the best up and coming coach in the game right now. Coach Ollie is a young charismatic coach who loves his team and his school, and his passion for the game rubs off on everyone. He understands the game and it shows in his in game execution. Could you all imagine if he could win a ring in his first tournament appearance and on his first attempt?!? That would be an achievement of epic proportions, something that would secure our position as one of the greatest programs in history and for many years to come (seeing that coach has probably decades left ahead of him). The 5 star recruits would be flocking in from everywhere and we would become even more attractive than we already are to big time conferences.

In short, the opportunity is there for us to seize. The only ones that can stop us is ourselves (and maybe Louisville lol). The way this tournament has been going with parity as high as it is, I like our chances.

Let's get it boys! Bleed blue! GO HUSKIES!

I absolutely think we can WIN it all. Connecticut has a great team, even if the hype is not there. Can't wait till Friday!!!

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
we can win the next four team tourny in our backyard

ISU or UNC on Friday, then Memphis or VA or MSU on Sunday

can we beat those teams in MSG? I think we can

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Teams in our path that concern me remaining in the Tournament (MSU, FLA, LOU). We can beat anyone else if we play well and we can beat MSU if they play the way they did this weekend.

Reaction Score
It's a game to game thing. For example Kentucky is making 3's today. Maybe not tomorrow. All teams have the Jekell and Hyde thing.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Remember that three 40s (+/- 3.5) rule? Well, let's look at Nova

They shot 35%, we shot 45% from 3, and we got 36 rebounds. Sounds like a championship-level performance to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom