2025 Recruiting: - Cooper Flagg | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Cooper Flagg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I had no idea his mom played ball with Donovan Clingan's mother. I'm sure that's been posted but considering geographic proximity for Cooper's family, and Coach Hurley obviously loving what he does you can't rule anything out. And it's nice to be the Champs.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I had no idea his mom played ball with Donovan Clingan's mother. I'm sure that's been posted but considering geographic proximity for Cooper's family, and Coach Hurley obviously loving what he does you can't rule anything out. And it's nice to be the Champs.

Is there anyone whose mom Mrs. Clingan didn't play with? I'm not complaining, it's just funny how this same story keeps coming out lol.

Reaction Score
Is there anyone whose mom Mrs. Clingan didn't play with? I'm not complaining, it's just funny how this same story keeps coming out lol.
Who else has it come out with? Flagg is the only one I can remember

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Who else has it come out with? Flagg is the only one I can remember

It wasn't heavily reported on at the time, but John Fanta did mention during a podcast before UConn/Gonzaga that Julian Strawther's mom and Stacey Clingan played together in high school.

Ok, so maybe it's only been two stories. I thought for some reason there was someone else but I might be making it up.

Reaction Score
Best assist for Donovan next season will not be on the BB court.. It's getting Cooper on campus for an OV.. He knows it and Danny knows it.. Like our chances for that to happen.

Reaction Score
Cooper is familiar with several guys on the current team. The best thing Donovan can do, for himself and for recruiting, is ball out this season and show again that this staff can develop a big. The staff will know soon enough if they’re a legit option for Flagg and then comes the fun part of balancing that while recruiting ‘24 bigs while also considering that Flagg could reclassify as a young ‘24.

Reaction Score
I honestly don’t see the appeal of Duke that some of these recruits see. I get that the campus revolves around their men’s bball team and I could see it if Coach K were still there but he isn’t. Sheyer just literally did less with more than maybe anyone outside of Calipari in his first year as head coach last year. Dan Hurley would coach circles around him blindfolded with 2 hands tied behind his back. Just hoping Flagg is smart enough to see it. Duke could very well be headed into Indiana territory if they have a couple more down years. The ACC has also been very weak lately which doesn’t bode well.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Cooper is familiar with several guys on the current team. The best thing Donovan can do, for himself and for recruiting, is ball out this season and show again that this staff can develop a big. The staff will know soon enough if they’re a legit option for Flagg and then comes the fun part of balancing that while recruiting ‘24 bigs while also considering that Flagg could reclassify as a young ‘24.

I think he does reclass.

Reaction Score
Cooper should be offered to have an ice cream flavor named after him at the UConn Dairy Bar like Hurley. Along with an NIL deal from said dairy bar and free ice cream for life there.

Reaction Score
Confident DC and staff will hold up their end of the challenge..

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Cooper Scooper (TM)
joel mchale show no GIF by NETFLIX

pj

Reaction Score
I honestly don’t see the appeal of Duke that some of these recruits see. I get that the campus revolves around their men’s bball team and I could see it if Coach K were still there but he isn’t. Sheyer just literally did less with more than maybe anyone outside of Calipari in his first year as head coach last year. Dan Hurley would coach circles around him blindfolded with 2 hands tied behind his back. Just hoping Flagg is smart enough to see it. Duke could very well be headed into Indiana territory if they have a couple more down years. The ACC has also been very weak lately which doesn’t bode well.

Duke probably has the richest NIL in college basketball, plus a great tradition.

Reaction Score
Duke is leading.... we are making ground up.

He’s been a presumed lock for Duke since practically preschool. Everybody’s making up ground. I like the idea of the staff making others uncomfortable, even if it doesn’t work out this time.

I can’t quite hate Duke in the same way most do here, but even if I am being unbiased, they are still a great option (one of many, calm down) for these guys, with or without K.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This year will be the true test of the Duke coaching transition. They have everybody back except Lively plus a top recruiting class. A team w/ Prosper, Flip, Mitchell, Roach and the #3 recruiting class should be dominant in the ACC.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He’s been a presumed lock for Duke since practically preschool. Everybody’s making up ground. I like the idea of the staff making others uncomfortable, even if it doesn’t work out this time.

I can’t quite hate Duke in the same way most do here, but even if I am being unbiased, they are still a great option (one of many, calm down) for these guys, with or without K.

Just being in connection with Flagg is a good thing for the program. He has SO much clout on social media. 3 years ago we wouldn't have bothered wasting our time. Being right there with Duke--even if he doesn't end up here--is a signal that we're back on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom