Congrats to Kiah... | The Boneyard

Congrats to Kiah...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
She played a hell of a game. Let's hope it's just the start of great things.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
WTIC gave her "Player of the Game" Nice!

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Tonight, Kiah made me stop worrying about not getting Mercedes Russell! Especially with some kid named Stewart headed to Storrs. :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think she tallied 11 points and 10 boards. And she hustled continually. Of course, Geno will expect this everyday. :)

Reaction Score
Tonight, Kiah made me stop worrying about not getting Mercedes Russell! Especially with some kid named Stewart headed to Storrs. :)
Who is this Steward kid ;) Kiah played very well tonight. She is so long and got great instincts to be a great rebounder!

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
WTIC gave her "Player of the Game" Nice!
Well deserved. She's gonna be really, really good and tonight was a glimpse into an auspicious future. :)

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Great game. Kudos to her for responding to Geno's tough love.

Reaction Score
It's obvious Geno and Chris are getting through to her. This game had to be a huge confidence booster for her as she saw the results of her working her butt off...

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Hope this is the spark she needed to be a solid contributor this year and better than that in subsequent years. This game was largely a waste of time for everyone else, quite honestly, but if she can use this as a stepping stone, it will have been more than worth it.

Don't want to get too excited just because UNC really was lifeless, but definitely a step int he right direction for her.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
you know, it wasn't against some hacks that Kiah scored her points and got her boards. it was against Shegog, and Rolle. granted Rolle is coming back from having a kid, but both those 2 are 6'5" and she held her own on defense, positioned herself well and was aggressive on rebounds, and played some really good offense.

Reaction Score
Freshman Center Kiah Stokes
On progression this week:
“I just mentally have to step it up. I love the game and I need to show coach that every day. I think he has been pretty pleased with my progress up until now, but it is not enough and I have to keep going.”
I guess Kiah has not been reading Geno's quotes in the various newpaper blogs. He has to be happy with her performance tonight. I really liked the high post Stef pass to low post Kiah for a bucket. We need more of that type of action. Couple of bigs playing like that would awesome and take UCONN to the final four for sure.
On last games benching:
“I understand it. He only does it because he knows I can be so much better than how I am showing him. It is a compliment kind of but he is also saying I need to get going.”
You gotta luv kids. Benching is a compliment?! No wonder she drives him bonkers! She had better not take any classes in logic.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
That was a terrific performance from any player never mind one who was benched just recently. Congrats Kiah. I enjoyed watched you play.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Great Job Kiah!!! Keep up the good work!!!!

I think Kiah and Stef will make a great Hi/Lo game before the end of the season.

Stef's passing and Kiah finishing around the basket!!!

Priceless!

Reaction Score
I thought Kiah played very well last night. She showed us the potential and talent she possesses. I think her next step would be to get better conditioned for the game.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You gotta luv kids. Benching is a compliment?! No wonder she drives him bonkers! She had better not take any classes in logic.

Well really in a way it is. I think she understands Geno pretty well.

JS

Reaction Score
You gotta luv kids. Benching is a compliment?! No wonder she drives him bonkers! She had better not take any classes in logic.....
There's a difference between being a bench player and getting benched as a message.

The latter implies he sees an upside that he wants fulfilled. It's not a compliment that you aren't fulfilling it, but it IS a compliment that he's saying it's there.

She evidently understands that. If she didn't she'd be illogical, and his bonkersness would have to become permanent.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Kiah played awesome! Knowing she was only 1 point away from the double-double at the time, I was cringing when she missed that free throw with just under a minute to go. I wasn't sure she'd have a chance to get another bucket and I wanted her to get that double double.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
OMNU was proud of the rookie:

“I’ve been in that situation, and it’s not easy,’’ UConn junior Kelly Faris said. “It’s not easy to come back and bounce back after that. And for her to do that as a freshman, I’m extremely proud of her for doing that. I think it gives the rest of us a little bit more confidence in her. And it’s good for her to feel that as well. She did good (Monday), and I’m proud of her for that.’’

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
OMNU was proud of the rookie:

“I’ve been in that situation, and it’s not easy,’’ UConn junior Kelly Faris said. “It’s not easy to come back and bounce back after that. And for her to do that as a freshman, I’m extremely proud of her for doing that. I think it gives the rest of us a little bit more confidence in her. And it’s good for her to feel that as well. She did good (Monday), and I’m proud of her for that.’’
I may be nuts but didn't Kelly get benched at Duke her freshman year?

Reaction Score
Lets not forget that it took Tina Charles 2 year 2 get her rear in gear but when she did, the Huskies won 2 NC's. Kiah will, we hope, get there. Last night was a preview of things to come if she does get there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom