Conference Realignment: WAC/ASUN Football Only Conference | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Conference Realignment: WAC/ASUN Football Only Conference

Reaction Score
No one really cares why you went to UConn, it has zero impact on UConn's rivalries. It all depends on who they actually play and how often they play.

With the exception of 2020, UConn plays UMass every year from 2018-2027. They don't play any other school that often. That's a rivalry.
To me, nothing is a rivalry without a good ConFlict trophy.

Reaction Score
No one really cares why you went to UConn, it has zero impact on UConn's rivalries. It all depends on who they actually play and how often they play.

With the exception of 2020, UConn plays UMass every year from 2018-2027. They don't play any other school that often. That's a rivalry.
Funny how these things work. People want to view Syracuse or BC as a rival. Their fans don't even think about UConn football. We have a very long history with UMass and both play FBS. It's good border rival for us, that in time, casuals from both states may care about.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
Funny how these things work. People want to view Syracuse or BC as a rival. Their fans don't even think about UConn football. We have a very long history with UMass and both play FBS. It's good border rival for us, that in time, casuals from both states may care about.
Wouldn’t mind a trophy made

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I see this opinion all the time and it makes no sense at all. We play them every year as it is and they are in fact our football rivalry game. Why would being in a newly formed G5 football only conference with them be damaging?
Because we aspire for greater things. I'd rather target schools like Cuse, BC, and Rutgers for conference mates rather than UMASS. They are all terrible at football, but the former are associated with great conferences and schools. UMASS is not.

That said, I don't mind playing them and welcome a regional NE annual game. In an ideal world, UCONN/UMASS could be like Florida/FSU or Clemson/USC(e)

Reaction Score
Because we aspire for greater things. I'd rather target schools like Cuse, BC, and Rutgers for conference mates rather than UMASS. They are all terrible at football, but the former are associated with great conferences and schools. UMASS is not.

That said, I don't mind playing them and welcome a regional NE annual game. In an ideal world, UCONN/UMASS could be like Florida/FSU or Clemson/USC(e)
Wanting to be Conference mates is different than saying school X is a rival. Yeah I too would prefer to be in a conference with Rutgers over UMass lol.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I got it...the trophy is literally the notch. Who ever wins gets the notch. Most impactful rivalry in sports history. Play with people's lives.
Granville has a nice cheese shop. Great melts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom