Concept football helmet | The Boneyard

Concept football helmet

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1675803691718.png

I’m not sure about it, but I don’t hate it. I am curious to see what’s going on on the opposite side of the helmet.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I wouldn't mind one game with a picture of Mora on the helmet and across the chest it reads "The Screaming Mora's"

Reaction Score
I don't pass out dislikes but I will give the OP post not something I care for. Susie and Warde sold out a smiling Huskie that had 11 NC's under it's belt and a block C that was recognized nation wide as UConn football.
Confronted him personally and asked "would you replace the block M at Michigan"? His reply was weak and avoided my question. Never dreamed he would end up as a AD @ Michigan and still avoiding questions.
Credit when due he did say the highest percentage of fans wanted to keep the smiling dog logo and the block C for football. Just like the hook C in baseball is recocgnized everywhere....

Reaction Score
red block C for captains was a very nice touch, in an otherwise drab and uninspiring helmet design. I would not mind a uniform combination that draws inspiration from the current mens bball uniform - whites would look especially clean, with the thick blue stripe and red accent line above it. I thinkt hat would be a SICK uniform. I really do think it's ok for the football helmet to be a unique design, that doesn't PERFECTLY align to the rest of the athletic branding. Think of LSU, alabama, michigan, ohio state, penn state - these schools have bigtime logos, but none of them appear on the football helmet. their helmets use alternate design, and in the case of LSU, different Logo altogether. I maintain 100% that it's possible to keep the block C and still stay true to the overall athletic brand.

Reaction Score
We should keep the ribbon helmets for every game, not just awareness month. I really liked those.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't pass out dislikes but I will give the OP post not something I care for. Susie and Warde sold out a smiling Husky that had 11 NC's under it's belt and a block C that was recognized nation wide as UConn football.
Confronted him personally and asked "would you replace the block M at Michigan"? His reply was weak and avoided my question. Never dreamed he would end up as a AD @ Michigan and still avoiding questions.
Credit when due he did say the highest percentage of fans wanted to keep the smiling dog logo and the block C for football. Just like the hook C in baseball is recocgnized everywhere....
Here you go:

8B42EAC9-5541-4E21-9438-BC910FB8F808.jpeg

Reaction Score
It's a massive upgrade on the current helmets, which look like a high school football team. The current logo just blows - looks like clip art, or a create a team logo on Madden in the mid 2000's. The second helmet @CL82 posted would be amazing. That husky is iconic, no other university has a logo like that.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I don't pass out dislikes but I will give the OP post not something I care for. Susie and Warde sold out a smiling Husky that had 11 NC's under it's belt and a block C that was recognized nation wide as UConn football.

Half the fanbase doesn't recognize the block C as UConn football. Nationwide? You gotta be kidding me lol.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Where is the collapsible crown sections safeguarding against concussions?

Reaction Score

Nationally recognized. Please touch grass.

Reaction Score

Not too long ago someone posted retro Top 25 logos on Reddit Basketball and there were tons of positive comments about the logo. Basically more comments than any other school.

I bet if UConn did a little market research they would get the same positive feedback.

This is probably the one to go back to.

The Block C is so boring. Like Randy Edsall, Missionary with the lights off boring.

Reaction Score
I've been yelling (to myself) for years about a larger sticker. Just adding a sticker this size is such an improvement

Reaction Score
Nationally recognized. Please touch grass.
Thank you @ ZooCougar: For the snark, as stated I do not give out dislikes but your comment does say you have never touched the grass I have. ( Sense the 70's) I very much do get out as I have attended every game at Rentschler Field since day one, other than two games due to back surgery. I attended both men's and women's basketball games when I can along with UConn baseball. Softball to be added this season. Actually got to drive a tractor trailer in the early 80's for a sorority for home coming day parade on campus back in the day. Details for another day. We won trophy for most enthusiastic float.
Not sure how articles in the LA Times as we made and won the Papajohns.com bowl or made the Fiesta Bowl were not recognition of the Block C.

We can agree to disagree without the attitude. Penn St does very well with nothing on their hat, same for Ohio St with nothing but a stripe but add stickers being their thing. Michigan with the block M, our block C was and is still loved by many. Just a difference of opinion.

Reaction Score
Thank you @ ZooCougar: For the snark, as stated I do not give out dislikes but your comment does say you have never touched the grass I have. ( Sense the 70's) I very much do get out as I have attended every game at Rentschler Field since day one, other than two games due to back surgery. I attended both men's and women's basketball games when I can along with UConn baseball. Softball to be added this season. Actually got to drive a tractor trailer in the early 80's for a sorority for home coming day parade on campus back in the day. Details for another day. We won trophy for most enthusiastic float.
Not sure how articles in the LA Times as we made and won the Papajohns.com bowl or made the Fiesta Bowl were not recognition of the Block C.

We can agree to disagree without the attitude. Penn St does very well with nothing on their hat, same for Ohio St with nothing but a stripe but add stickers being their thing. Michigan with the block M, our block C was and is still loved by many. Just a difference of opinion.

Quit trying to copy other school’s traditions. We have our own and they have their own appeal.

The block C is hollow. you and like six other people cling to it all you want. You’re the only ones.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Michigan does not have a letter on their helmet and I believe they've also reinstated helmet stickers, which I think all college programs should do to set them apart from the NFL.

On a related note...Yippee!! Another circle jerc about the samoyed vs. wolf looking logo. It reminds me of that old bag my senior year who said in the Daily Campus that she didn't go to the University of Oakleaf. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

What really matters? The head filling the helmet and talent filling the uniform on the floor.

It's not always weird. Sometimes it's down right infuriating being the same age as old people. If not in age, then mentality.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Not going to lie, the changed logo has kind of grown on me and I'm not really missing the old one. Everytime I look at the old logo it just feels that, old. I like the more modern logo. As time has passed it's grown on me which I'm sure others feel as well but won't admit it.

Regardless it is what it is. Let's just place some football! I hate the off-season.

Reaction Score
Michigan does not have a letter on their helmet and I believe they've also reinstated helmet stickers, which I think all college programs should do to set them apart from the NFL.

On a related note...Yippee!! Another circle jerc about the samoyed vs. wolf looking logo. It reminds me of that old bag my senior year who said in the Daily Campus that she didn't go to the University of Oakleaf. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

What really matters? The head filling the helmet and talent filling the uniform on the floor.

It's not always weird. Sometimes it's down right infuriating being the same age as old people. If not in age, then mentality.

The fact that younger people like the old logo better than you just shows that you are older than your age.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom