Concept football helmet | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Concept football helmet

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not going to lie, the changed logo has kind of grown on me and I'm not really missing the old one. Everytime I look at the old logo it just feels that, old. I like the more modern logo. As time has passed it's grown on me which I'm sure others feel as well but won't admit it.

Regardless it is what it is. Let's just place some football! I hate the off-season.
Yeah, my original post wasn’t intended to spark a logo debate, though I do you have strong opinions about that. A lot of people who don’t like the old logo don’t like it because it’s “fluffy”. A lot of people, myself included, didn’t like the fact that we switched from a something that was unique to us, i.e., a white husky, to something that was more generic shared by several other schools, i.e. the “ generic” husky. That’s a marketing 101 blunder. It was based, at least, in part, on Susan Herbst’s mistaken belief that there’s no such thing as an all white husky despite the fact that we had had a living in breathing, one on campus for the 80 years prior to the logo change, and about five years afterwards.

Perhaps common ground can be found in in the next branding effort, where we have an all white husky that isn’t fluffy. Heck, I’d be happy with the same exact outline, but an all white husky.

Reaction Score
Suzie did no one any favors when she changed the logo to a generic husky from a very unique one. We are now indistinguishable from dozens of colleges, high schools and tool companies. It was a unnecassary vanity project. Bad move.

Reaction Score
Looks like a "gassed" dog. Tired, tongue hanging out. I like the new one because it's fierce looking.
This one is fine for a gymnastics team where everybody is smiling and the team is trying to con the judges by exuberantly greeting each teammate as they finish their rotation.

Reaction Score
Love the old logo, indifferent to the new one now. I'm fine with it. I agree, the decal needs to be bigger on the helmets. Also a much bigger fan of the white helmets than blue. That Arizona throwback logo is awesome.

Reaction Score
Suzie did no one any favors when she changed the logo to a generic husky from a very unique one. We are now indistinguishable from dozens of colleges, high schools and tool companies. It was a unnecassary vanity project. Bad move.

And as she repeatedly pointed out, it was free!

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The second concept helmet with the smiling logo proves that the smiling logo stunk out loud. That thing looks awful.

Reaction Score
Love the old logo, indifferent to the new one now. I'm fine with it. I agree, the decal needs to be bigger on the helmets. Also a much bigger fan of the white helmets than blue. That Arizona throwback logo is awesome.
I think the blue helmet might work best with some version of the old Uconn script. Otherwise the white with a larger Husky.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Read it and weep you Block C loving olds.

He’s a good boy.

So many people who get their granny panties in a bunch over the new (better) logo fail to recognize that bigger logo downgrade was from the more realistic shaggy wild dog of the 80s-90s to the cartoony trimmed up dog of the 2000s.

And the block C is still JC Penney trash

CL82

Reaction Score
So many people who get their granny panties in a bunch over the new (better) logo fail to recognize that bigger logo downgrade was from the more realistic shaggy wild dog of the 80s-90s to the cartoony trimmed up dog of the 2000s.

And the block C is still JC Penney trash
83E2635A-4A03-409A-B66C-5E20DE7A87F1.jpeg

It wasn’t bad, although I’ve heard some posters on The Boneyard refer to it as “too fluffy.”

The logo debate cracks me up because everybody has a different thing that motivates them. Too friendly, too angry, too fluffy, too gassy … pick any characteristic about the husky and I guarantee you someone hates it. My hot button issue is that we gave up a unique brand, that of the white husky, for a generic brand. Just dumb in my opinion. Hopefully, they will go back to a white husky in the next iteration. It can be fluffy, angry, and gassy, or not, for all I care.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
View attachment 84118
It wasn’t bad, although I’ve heard some posters on The Boneyard refer to it as “too fluffy.”

The logo debate cracks me up because everybody has a different thing that motivates them. Too friendly, too angry, too fluffy, too gassy … pick any characteristic about the husky and I guarantee you someone hates it. My hot button issue is that we gave up a unique brand, that of the white husky, for a generic brand. Just dumb in my opinion. Hopefully, they will go back to a white husky in the next iteration. It can be fluffy, angry, and gassy, or not, for all I care.
The one you posted is the actual good one. Everyone always says they miss the 2003-12 or so one which was terrible. Could you imagine being a grown man and wearing a golf shirt with that cartoon on it to the office? No. The new tough dog? Yes. Fun fact: the new dog logo has been around longer than our historic and legendary block c ever was!

CL82

Reaction Score
Could you imagine being a grown man and wearing a golf shirt with that cartoon on it to the office?
Given the amount of national championships that logo has associated with it, I wouldn’t have an issue with it.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The fact that younger people like the old logo better than you just shows that you are older than your age.
Younger people than I preferring the old logo is has no relevance to my age or maturity. I didn't mention a personal preference vis a vie the new logo to the old, or vice versa. I have clothing and memorabilia with both. My post was more of a commentary on how this thread was becoming yet another lap around the logo track.

1676486418972.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Younger people than I preferring the old logo is has no relevance to my age or maturity. I didn't mention a personal preference vis a vie the new logo to the old, or vice versa. I have clothing and memorabilia with both. My post was more of a commentary on how this thread was becoming yet another lap around the logo track.

View attachment 84120

Then you just have poor taste..

Reaction Score
Given the amount of national championships that logo has associated with it, I wouldn’t have an issue with it.

It’s almost like nobody here has ever looked at other logos before.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
2 things: 1. Pick a friggin’ logo and stick with it and make it huge on the helmet.
2. Zoo, had to google touch grass. Never heard of that, but sorta knew the inclination when I read it.
….or maybe 3.
Only baseball gets the exception. The hook C rocks. For Football the block C does not have the street creds.

Reaction Score
I feel like this logo debate is stuck in syndicated reruns. Same old gripes, same old arguments.

The old smiling husky isn't coming back. The block C is probably never coming back. The wolf-dog has been around for a decade now. UConn's branded it enough in that time where it's reasonably recognizable now across all sports. It's not going anywhere. Make the logo a little larger on the helmet and call it a day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom