Communiqué from Mike Di Mauro | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Communiqué from Mike Di Mauro

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Perhaps he doesn't post that often anymore - I can never remember his handle anyway.

HuskyBill's brother.
Taller , smarter and better looking brother.

Reaction Score
Dog-Hiding-His-Face.gif

I can't watch, I can't look away....

Reaction Score
As long as we're speaking of facts that present problems for UCONN, how is Doggy going to respond to this one? No team has ever won a WCBB national championship with a starting point guard named Moriah Jefferson. Talk about overcoming odds
We're doomed.
Answer that with the question "Has any team lost a WCBB National Championship with a starting point guard named Moriah Jefferson?" ;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This may have been a ploy to get the Boneyarders out in the open, who knows? Certainly we are a well known group, especially to the media. Alienating the group would not be in their best interests I would think, and for me I will wait and see what happens. I am leaning towards what DD says above...
Nah, but they will mock, or minimize DD if he let's them.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Nah, but they will mock, or minimize DD if he let's them.

Then send Deepster.

He doesn't know anything about women's basketball, but after about 10 or 15 seconds, it wouldn't matter.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Then send Deepster.

He doesn't know anything about women's basketball, but after about 10 or 15 seconds, it wouldn't matter.
Fishy, you're the obvious choice. DiMauro would be curled up in the fetal position, crying, by the end of the interview.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Fishy, you're the obvious choice. DiMauro would be curled up in the fetal position, crying, by the end of the interview.

I'm going to guess that my near-complete ignorance of women's college basketball might be a hinderance.

Mike - "I think Notre Dame really has a chance to beat UConn now that (insert player with mono's name here) is out for three weeks."

Me - "(panics)....YOU'RE SHORT AND YOU KINDA LOOK LIKE A PENGUIN!" <runs off stage>

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I'm going to guess that my near-complete ignorance of women's college basketball might be a hinderance.

Mike - "I think Notre Dame really has a chance to beat UConn now that (insert player with mono's name here) is out for three weeks."

Me - "(panics)....YOU'RE SHORT AND YOU KINDA LOOK LIKE A PENGUIN!" <runs off stage>
You stole my first line...crap.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Well, it's going to happen. I'm emailing both Jeff and Mike. They are all in on this. Mike said he is looking forward to a lot of laughs.

Looks like only one more. I'm send out some PM's to see who really is interested in joining me.

I emailed Jeff and Mike back when they said I can have someone join me. I asked if prior felonies were ok. I didn't want to exclude most of this board.
It would be a crime not to take TonyC!

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
It would be a crime not to take TonyC!
To be blunt, I think tonyc is more of a BY acquired taste kind of guy. Not sure he's the best one to throw at an MD unless you want to win a contest solely on loveableness versus reptilianiness.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You stole my first line...crap.

Keep it in your back pocket in case of emergency.

Just be sure to establish yourself early on as the alpha male of the group - do a lot of staring. Intense staring. Intense, unblinking staring. Drink out of his coffee mug without breaking eye contact.

And then pee on his loafers under the table. Like a wolf - a wolf who has strangely been invited to a cable television show because that is how a wolf would handle it. (Peeing and staring is how wolves determine social order. I think.)

Trust me. I know human nature and humans do not think well when they have pee in their loafers while being stared at by a guy who thinks he's a wolf.

You got this.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
To be blunt, I think tonyc is more of a BY acquired taste kind of guy. Not sure he's the best one to throw at an MD unless you want to win a contest solely on loveableness versus reptilianiness.
First, the "contest" with MD will be won on the hardwoods by the Huskies, when they raise championship trophy #9 this year and expose his lack of expertise on the very subject matter he's paid professionally to opine about, as well as his overt pettiness and jealousy toward UConn's sustained excellence.

Secondly, DD's presence will counterbalance and negate the "loveableness" factor you're concerned about. ;)

Thirdly, visualizing the contrast between TonyC's zeal vs. MD's distain for all things UConn would be priceless!

Fourthly, my prior post was somewhat tongue-in-cheek (sans emoticon). But the more I think about it.............

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Make sure you know where the meeting will take place. My people can provide back-up. At the first sign of trouble, clear out ASAP.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Make sure you know where the meeting will take place. My people can provide back-up. At the first sign of trouble, clear out ASAP.

don't forget to have a Super-Soaker filled with Nickelodean Slime, taped to the back of the toilet tank in the men's room...

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
First, the "contest" with MD will be won on the hardwoods by the Huskies, when they raise championship trophy #9 this year and expose his lack of expertise on the very subject matter he's paid professionally to opine about, as well as his overt pettiness and jealousy toward UConn's sustained excellence.

Secondly, DD's presence will counterbalance and negate the "loveableness" factor you're concerned about. ;)

Thirdly, visualizing the contrast between TonyC's zeal vs. MD's distain for all things UConn would be priceless!

Fourthly, my prior post was somewhat tongue-in-cheek (sans emoticon). But the more I think about it...
I love Tony to pieces but I'd rather have DD and someone like UConnCat on the show. The idea is to show that flinging out overwrought comments is not journalism and putting Tony "we're going to go 195-0" C on TV is not going to help.

I'd pay some serious money to see Mike D argue women's hoops with Cat and Scotter. I'd throw Fishy in there just to unnerve the guy and to pee in his shoes.

Last edited:

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
Personally, I recommend a three round food fight. Begin with the traditional first round c u s t a r d & cream pie fight, followed by a classic freestyle round of ring dings, puddings, & cream puffs and finish off with a third round of non-stop Bluto-mania.

If that won't work for all involved, then I'll go back to my original notion of the mod's, DD, Kib, and Tony. My choice of DD, Kib and Tony grows from the undeniable truth that they so perfectly represent the primary flavors of the BY faithful::: spicy hot, savory, & sweet. Although these three are eminently reasonable and rational, it is hard to deny that they represent the chaotic mix of opposites all working in a perfectly balanced orbital act of ridiculousness that is the very essence of our BY charm.

YOPB

Reaction Score
Can I post some questions and comments here of comments made by Mike that I feel are of high issue or just wait for D-Day when DD and company "growls and bites back?"

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Occur to anyone that this is all playing to the mook's desire for attention...any attention! Will it provide a measure of fun, yes.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I love Tony to pieces but I'd rather have DD and someone like UConnCat on the show. The idea is to show that flinging out overwrought comments is not journalism and putting Tony "we're going to go 195-0" C on TV is not going to help.

I'd pay some serious money to see Mike D argue women's hoops with Cat and Scotter. I'd throw Fishy in there just to unnerve the guy and to pee in his shoes.

Yup. DD, Cat, Scotter. Like it.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
@doggydaddy. This happened this morning. It demonstrates the 180 degree difference between the cerebral triumvirate that called the Boneyard out vs. the reporters covering Syracuse.

I was doing some yard work wearing my UCONN sweat shirt. A guy in a car stops and says we have something in common - Breanna Stewart. He goes on to say she's from Syracuse and he was originally from there as well. He said Syracuse thought they had her as a commitment and when she announced UConn it made the front page of one of the rags titled "Breanna is a Traitor". He follows the UConn women's bb team because she's on it.

After the Duke loss this season the papers were screaming bloody murder about the bad call for three days. He's no longer a Cuse fan. He said one of the best days in his life was giving up his Dome seating. He was a big fan of JC. Never met this guy before even though he lives in my area and I was just warming up to him when he goes and says he now roots for Duke.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score

I get all that and was being playful to begin with. But you have to admit that the entertainment value would be great fun! It appears most here want some red meat...I just don't happen to think that MD is worthy of the effort, or free publicity he's receiving.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
And if possible, perhaps you could mention that the dumbest people in the USA were asked by UConn to take a bow at a men's game for raising 0ver 40K for charity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom