Communiqué from Mike Di Mauro

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Received this AM via Twitter:

Mike DiMauro ‏@BCgenius 2h
@jradylady Jane: tried to sign up to BY today and failed. Give BY message: Would love to have BY show on BTB. Looking at Monday, Mar. 21.

Yeah, I know my name is in there. It's no secret who I am. Mike's email address is m.dimauro@theday.com, I responded to Mike advising that I would relay the message, and I cc'ed Jeff J as well.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

@jradylady Jane: tried to sign up to BY today and failed. Give BY message: Would love to have BY show on BTB. Looking at Monday, Mar. 21.

Yeah, I know my name is in there. It's no secret who I am. Mike's email address is m.dimauro@theday.com, I responded to Mike advising that I would relay the message, and I cc'ed Jeff J as well.
Thanks Jane. I sent an email to both of them. Hope to hear back soon.

Reaction Score
Great idea! And puleeeze.... can someone copy & post it to YouTube afterwards,
so us out-of-towners can see/hear that conversation?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Well, it's going to happen. I'm emailing both Jeff and Mike. They are all in on this. Mike said he is looking forward to a lot of laughs.

Looks like only one more. I'm send out some PM's to see who really is interested in joining me.

I emailed Jeff and Mike back when they said I can have someone join me. I asked if prior felonies were ok. I didn't want to exclude most of this board.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Be prepared to explain under what circumstances can ND beat UConn and/or why UConn won't win a National Championship. I'm sure Mike will ask the question.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
At the risk of adding another dimension to this highly anticipated encounter....isn't it possible that there are some questions JJ and MD might like to ask about the Boneyard and the Yarders? Could be an interesting exchange. Believe me, I'll be ready with the popcorn and the wine..anticipating some popups from JJ and whine from MD. A great hour on local tv!!

Reaction Score
While I think it's a shame to give him any kind of recognition due to his grandstanding lack of credibility, I'm sure BYs will fall over themselves to become his next victims. Only advice is to be careful and be prepared to be ambushed and humiliated on his home turf. That seems to be his goal. He has baited us, and awaits the "conquest." I'd equate it to appearing on Dr. Phil to get justice. I will be surprised if this turns out to be an honorable encounter. It's really all about him.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
While I think it's a shame to give him any kind of recognition due to his grandstanding lack of credibility, I'm sure BYs will fall over themselves to become his next victims. Only advice is to be careful and be prepared to be ambushed and humiliated on his home turf. That seems to be his goal. He has baited us, and awaits the "conquest." I'd equate it to appearing on Dr. Phil to get justice. I will be surprised if this turns out to be an honorable encounter. It's really all about him.
I've been emailing back and forth with DiMauro and Jacobs. Trust me, it will all be in fun.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I wouldn't. I think it has a better chance of being a lovefest.
You are probably right. We are all a little different when we get out from behind the keyboard. I'm sure you aren't a total jerk in person.

Reaction Score

Feel pity for poor Mike DiMauro....[mod edit of unnecessary gratuitous personal insult]

Last edited by a moderator:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You are probably right. We are all a little different when we get out from behind the keyboard. I'm sure you aren't a total jerk in person.
I'm a little different....just in general. But I have been called a Smart@ss (I assume that's what the Smartypants really means), in real life too. :cool:

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
While I think it's a shame to give him any kind of recognition due to his grandstanding lack of credibility,... It's really all about him.
Please watanabe, please! While I’m certainly flattered you’d nominate me like this to also go on the show, really, I’m just another ‘Yarder!

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Feel pity for poor Mike DiMauro who obviously suffers from {deleted}.

If you are going to be rude, please do not include my posts within your own.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I've been emailing back and forth with DiMauro and Jacobs. Trust me, it will all be in fun.

This may have been a ploy to get the Boneyarders out in the open, who knows? Certainly we are a well known group, especially to the media. Alienating the group would not be in their best interests I would think, and for me I will wait and see what happens. I am leaning towards what DD says above...

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Well, you obviously have a tough constitution to go through with this. Make sure not to give away any of your offensive strategies beforehand such as that you might intend to use facts and logic, as I'm sure MD will be able to prepare good obfuscating defenses for stuff like that. And be prepared for any of those irrefutable facts that he might throw back at you to catch you off guard, such as that UConn has never won an NC during the 2000s when it did not play Notre Dame during the regular season. Or that though UConn has never had more than 8 players get more than 4 minutes in an NC and usually it only goes 6 to 7 deep, that the Huskies have also never won an NC with only 8 scholarship players available.

Tough problems there, but I'm sure you can handle it.

Reaction Score
....Presented a bunch of facts....
Tough problems there, but I'm sure you can handle it.
As long as we're speaking of facts that present problems for UCONN, how is Doggy going to respond to this one? No team has ever won a WCBB national championship with a starting point guard named Moriah Jefferson. Talk about overcoming odds
We're doomed.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
As long as we're speaking of facts that present problems for UCONN, how is Doggy going to respond to this one? No team has ever won a WCBB national championship with a starting point guard named Moriah Jefferson. Talk about overcoming odds
We're doomed.
I'm prepared with an answer.

Well, oh yeah???

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If you want the job done right, send Nan and Eli.

There'd be nothing left of Mr. DiMauro but a couple of wisps of smoke and a pair of eyeglasses.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Well, it's going to happen. I'm emailing both Jeff and Mike. They are all in on this. Mike said he is looking forward to a lot of laughs.

Looks like only one more. I'm send out some PM's to see who really is interested in joining me.

I emailed Jeff and Mike back when they said I can have someone join me. I asked if prior felonies were ok. I didn't want to exclude most of this board.

As of yesterday afternoon I believe they thought I was the second person, since I contacted Jacobs at that time as well. I only contacted Jacobs but he replied. They both may think I'm associated with you. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom