Commit #6 - Connor Freeborn | The Boneyard

Commit #6 - Connor Freeborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
There are a couple things I love to see in recruits. Lineman who also wrestle, skill positions on the track team and in general any player who plays another sport, especially as well as Connor does. It just screams athleticism. Love this one. Welcome!!!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Everyone on the new roster is a giant. Wow.

Anyone know his other offers?

Reaction Score
I bet that Ken Niumatalolo is not going to like the competition that Bob Diaco is appearing to present in recruiting.

Welcome to 2015-6.

Reaction Score
My nephew happened to play against this kid. Says he was "unblockable" Salesianum is sort of the Xavier of Delaware. They just won their 5th State Championship (they have also finished 2nd 4-5 times). they play teams from Philly, and Maryland along the way. Great get, I think.

Reaction Score
Everyone on the new roster is a giant. Wow.

Anyone know his other offers?

Being that he committed to Navy for LAX last year, I'm guessing he didn't make anyone's radar. Not in anyone's database so no known offers.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Official UConn FB twitter is now shouting out new commits (without mentioning their names to comply with NCAA) - that's a change from the previous administration, no?

@UConnFootball
More tracks headed up I-95 to Storrs, coming from the First State!
1f43e.png
1f43e.png
#UCONNFootball

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Being that he committed to Navy for LAX last year, I'm guessing he didn't make anyone's radar. Not in anyone's database so no known offers.

I like that a couple guys in this class were being recruited by the academies. Speaks to their character and what Diaco is looking for in players.

This may be an ignorant statement, but I feel with the right coaching, lifting program, and attitude if these kids have the frame they can be top flight d1 lineman regardless of offers.

There's more of an innate skill for QB, WR, etc but for lineman I like where were going.

Reaction Score
FREEBIRD...looks like a great pick-up. Again big size and also aggressive and has an instinct to get where he needs be. Reminds me of how Bill Romanowski used to move at LB - lanky but deceptively quick and finds the ball. Welcome aboard.

I really cant take all this goodness!!

Reaction Score
Official UConn FB twitter is now shouting out new commits (without mentioning their names to comply with NCAA) - that's a change from the previous administration, no?

Actually the coach who shall not be named hated the recruiting hype and the star system more than anyone. Until of course he was forced to hire a shady ace recruiter and pay him bonuses based on their r-i-v-a-l-s recruiting ranking.

Reaction Score
There are a couple things I love to see in recruits. Lineman who also wrestle, skill positions on the track team and in general any player who plays another sport, especially as well as Connor does. It just screams athleticism. Love this one. Welcome!!!
As a dad who's sons both played football & lacrosse with one of them also wrestling, I echo these remarks. I want to see this kid motor from the d-end position. This has sack attack written all over it.

Reaction Score
FREEBIRD...looks like a great pick-up. Again big size and also aggressive and has an instinct to get where he needs be. Reminds me of how Bill Romanowski used to move at LB - lanky but deceptively quick and finds the ball. Welcome aboard.

I really cant take all this goodness!!

Let's hope he juices like Romanowski to get the best out of his abilities.

Reaction Score
Let's hope he juices like Romanowski to get the best out of his abilities.
The guy was an animal. I was thinking more of his play at BC when he was not as bulky. He actually was a big framed thin kid in high school.

Reaction Score
6 commits before July and we play in the AAC. I'm amazed at what this staff is doing. Imagine what they could have done during the PP years when were still in the BE. Hopefully this staff sticks around for 5 or 6 years. If they coach as good as they recruit we will be dominating this league in no time and moving on to greener pastures.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
6 commits before July and we play in the AAC. I'm amazed at what this staff is doing. Imagine what they could have done during the PP years when were still in the BE. Hopefully this staff sticks around for 5 or 6 years. If they coach as good as they recruit we will be dominating this league in no time and moving on to greener pastures.
Awesome. Just Awesome! By attracting the caliber of talent we have so far its created a snowball effect on our recruiting momentum. I'll bet more than just a few more recruits will see what's happening and will want to jump on board the USS Connecticut before she sets sail!

Reaction Score
If Delaware is part of the recruiting footprint, you have to be able to get kids from Sallies (which is what they are referred to there). That school has been a feeder for PSU. This could be an interesting first move in to the first state

Reaction Score
Imagine what they could have done during the PP years when were still in the BE. . .

To be fair, P got the job in Jan 2011 and the Big East was being torn apart 8 months later.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
This class is friggin' huge! Every commit we get makes me even more excited than the day before! The size and athleticism of our class is phenomenal.

Reaction Score
Thought you might like this 5 minute video. It's from last year's Salesianum v Steubenville, OH game. Connor Freeborn is #88, and is called by his first name, Stephen, in the clip. Freeborn had two Pic 6's in the first quarter playing a similar 3-4 D that Coach Diaco will show. 88 also had a bunch of sacks and 2 forced fumbles in that game. Quite a game and a very big win for Salesianum.

Video produced by Chris and Cindy Larson of Nkognito Productions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog