Coaching | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Coaching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was happy with the Diaco hire, like the guy, and really, really, really would like to see him be successful, but I'm losing faith. I think he's a good coach Sunday thru Friday, just not on Saturday.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't the losses be greater than what we'd have to pay for the buyout, if he sticks around?

We're already going to lose 2+ million in gate revenue because of this moron.

Reaction Score
He should be gone only for the sole purpose of losing to a team from Florida in this kind of weather. There is no excuse for a cold weather team to lose to a team from Florida playing in the crap we had to sit through.

Reaction Score
At this point it's safe to say this coach isn't anything special.

The QB sneak call they have seen all day was terrible .

The shenanigans to throw your own kickers timing off an abomination.

Plays for FG attempts early while the opposition plays for tds.

Next year it's put up or shut up time.

It's this year for me regardless of the extension that he was gifted after producing one of the most inept offenses in football. Now the defense is falling off due mostly to coaching while other teams can change coaches and turn things around like they're waving a wand. Our coach is trying to paint the flipping Sistine Chapel.

Reaction Score
This. . . or DBs are so slow they can't stop the deep ball. But they give up 7 yards a clip and we get beat with deep middle balls galore! We have no speed on both sides of the ball. Can't win when you don't have speed and can't block well enough to play good smash mouth ball. 4th and 1 and what else. . . quick QB sneak. . . yeah stuffed. And we get out coached anyways.

This!!!! Speed, speed, speed. I think maybe our guys are fast enough coming in to the program but you have to emphasize it during the off season, in training and technique, and integrate into your game-plan. It is not a major priority when you want to play smash mouth football. The guys don't get faster if they train at a slower pace and don't do specific drills to develop more speed. Ask any track coach how that works

Reaction Score
Go get Weist for 10oth time. He's cheap,motivated and a real leader. Upping Diaco was a rational move based on a possible turning point season but really it wasn't. He stole some wins and never really turned anything around. The program remains a pathetic joke.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Diaco has to go. Today was my final straw. Losing at home to Syracuse was embarrassing. Losing at home to this lousy UCF outfit with a QB who looked like he was shot putting a bowl of pudding all day is absolutely unacceptable. UCF won zero games last year. Zero. They are already ahead of us in future projection and 2016 season production.

Year 3 was the year I expected competent results after using year 1 as a complete "practice year". To be 3-5 and have slim hopes for a W in most of the games on our remaining schedule in year 3 is killing us.

We need to properly invest in football and it needs to start immediately.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He should be gone only for the sole purpose of losing to a team from Florida in this kind of weather. There is no excuse for a cold weather team to lose to a team from Florida playing in the crap we had to sit through.
I am not a HCBD fan by any means but this is simplistic
I think there are a lot of warm weather teams that would have spanked UConn today and on any day - even in a blizzard

Reaction Score
Scott Frost took over a program in absolute shambles and has figured out how to win games. He didn't talk about winning breakfast and having partners. He tried to win football games. Same with the guy at Syracuse.

Yep. Spot freaking on. You can get away with all that new age-y crap like Mike Leach if you're also trying to actually win games. The punting at Houston to get the defense on the field thing showed me BD has lost sight of the object of the freakin' game.

Reaction Score
I am not a HCBD fan by any means but this is simplistic
I think there are a lot of warm weather teams that would have spanked UConn today and on any day - even in a blizzard

Disagree. The bad weather has been UConn's 12th man since the mid-2000s, and BD blew that advantage today.

Reaction Score
Was happy with the Diaco hire, like the guy, and really, really, really would like to see him be successful, but I'm losing faith. I think he's a good coach Sunday thru Friday, just not on Saturday.
Not sure about Sunday through Friday either... Maybe I am still pissed about sitting in the weather for that stinker of a coaching exhibit, but can anyone name more than one or two guys that have improved in this staff's tenure? I can't...

Reaction Score
Grobe looks like a genius now at Baylor just by keeping Briles' son around as OC. I am sure the AD insisted on that being a condition of the job but whatever.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I've been general positive on Diaco because I do think he built some strong foundational elements for the program. The guys play hard and are well conditioned.

His head scratching play calls, I chalked up to a new coach learning the ropes. But his game day adjustments just aren't there. Once again the defense lost this game. There really was no excuse for this loss. Three times we've lost to teams we should have beaten. It's time to see some desperation.

Reaction Score
Your guy isn't exactly truthful, in addition to groping ALL attractive fems he meets,when he is not stiffing all business people he comes in contact with.:):):):):)

Reaction Score
Yes but no way is paying to buy out BD. Having a future Pres. come to your campus is a HOME RUN regardless of whether you agree with her or not. Her fee was chump change. We are stuck with BD for at least until 12/17. We are not an SEC school that fires a coach who wins 80% of his games but loses 3 in a row. Capisce!!

Reaction Score
Yes but no way is paying to buy out BD. Having a future Pres. come to your campus is a HOME RUN regardless of whether you agree with her or not. Her fee was chump change. We are stuck with BD for at least until 12/17. We are not an SEC school that fires a coach who wins 80% of his games but loses 3 in a row. Capisce!!

Well, we should be . . . . at least the firing of an incompetent coach.

Reaction Score
Not trying to defend Diaco because I wonder about some of the play calling myself but any coach in Storrs has one strike against them before ever walking on campus. And that strike is the recruiting pool not only in CT but in the surrounding states. It's going to be easier for Herman or Frost or Taggert to turn a program around because they are in fertile recruiting grounds. It might take Diaco or his replacement 5 years instead of 3 to build a team capable of competing. So pick your poison, stick with Diaco for one or two more years or start from scratch once again with another.

Reaction Score
Big problem is we can't afford to go 0-2 in the recent series scheduled against both SU and BC. If we lose to BC this year....

It's hard to believe how dense Dicko is.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Our talent is obviously lacking but our coaching absolutely sucks. Play calling is horrible, defensive philosophy of 15 yard cushion on a Freshman QB in bad weather conditions. No clue

THANK YOU!
i was screaming about this, ten yard cushions all day with 5 yard outs = 2nd and 2 even damn time. at one point four straight plays they went 5yd out left, 5yd out right, 5yd out left and 5yd out right it was maddening.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
One way or the other Diaco is a dead man walking after today. Maybe he is back for another season but he isn't going beyond next year. He has demonstrated for about the 20th time that he is a lousy head coach. Really it has been obvious from the BYU game his first year. Scott Frost took over a program in absolute shambles and has figured out how to win games. He didn't talk about winning breakfast and having partners. He tried to win football games. Same with the guy at Syracuse.

Diaco is clueless and his frat brother approach to hiring assistants Doesn't help. He should be fired at the end of the season. Even if they need to keep him for another year unless he starts off 5-0 and he won't he will be gone.

He has been very subdued this week with no nonsense about the ConFLiCt. He was pretty low key on the coach's show Thursday. I suspect he knows his act has worn thin and he needs to produce.

you cant compare UCF/USF and UConn, those schools have the ability to turn around a program in one year because they are chock full of talent because of their locations. we on the other hand are not, we cant just flip it because we dont have the dynamic play makers that are on ever corner in florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom