Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What?!?! a search firm "leaked" info? As an Executive Recruiter, i'm apalled

#nosarcasmhere

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
At the pace things are moving, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a coach by Friday

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
If Narduzzi, does he keep Weist? Who else? You would expect Hughes to be gone, right?

Reaction Score
If Narduzzi, does he keep Weist? Who else? You would expect Hughes to be gone, right?

I'd expect Weist to have an opportunity to interview for the position at OC, and outside of him, Foley would be the only one I think would stick around. Everyone else would be a replacement.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

Although I feel Narduzzi (or any coach for that matter) has the right to pick their own staff, I would keep Weist and Foley. Maybe Shane Day in some sort of capacity (I'd assume Weist would be retained as OC/WR coach)? I think it's time we move on from Hughes. I appreciate his efforts to keep the program going after Edsall bolted but his defense would be way too conservative for Narduzzi's philosophies I think. On the other hand, Don Brown would be way too aggressive.

Reaction Score
It seems like it is more common these days for a new coach to keep a coordinator. Definitely helps in continuity.

Reaction Score
I seriously doubt that a new coach keeps Weist. It would be one thing if he were happy to have been interim HC but planned on returning to the staff position. But he didn't. He wants to be the head coach. That isn't a bad thing, but it is a bad thing for the new guy. You have to worry about player loyalty, when he questions you is he trying to undercut your authority or is it legitimate. Too many issues.

Reaction Score
Although I feel Narduzzi (or any coach for that matter) has the right to pick their own staff, I would keep Weist and Foley. Maybe Shane Day in some sort of capacity (I'd assume Weist would be retained as OC/WR coach)? I think it's time we move on from Hughes. I appreciate his efforts to keep the program going after Edsall bolted but his defense would be way too conservative for Narduzzi's philosophies I think. On the other hand, Don Brown would be way too aggressive.
there was a thread on RU's rivals board this Sunday that Hughes is on his way out?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Nuzie's selling real estate in Fairfield County last I saw. The oddest night of my life.... A friend of a friend who was engaged to Craig Austrie was having her bachelorette party at Foxwoods. The fiance is a triplet from Trumbull and one of her sisters was dating Nuzie at the time. For some reason, dates were allowed to this bachelor party and Nuzie was along for the ride. My friend from college was one of the fiance's friend's "date" and I was gambling with him before he joined the festivities. I somehow got roped into the event and had a few too many whiskey's.

TL;DR I partied with Matt Nuzie at Craig Austrie's fiance's bachelorette party
You're a UConn magnet, Bill. I am waiting for your post-dentist appointment thread where you saw Jeff Hathaway getting a root canal.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
In semi-unrelated news:

"Fordham gives coach Joe Moorhead a contract extension through 2021. So scratch him off your list Texas. #GoRams" Ralph D. Russo‏@ralphDrussoAP
Bill - is that you in your profile pic? Or is that the guy from Weeds? Or maybe they aren't mutually exclusive, are you the guy from Weeds?

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I'd expect Weist to have an opportunity to interview for the position at OC, and outside of him, Foley would be the only one I think would stick around. Everyone else would be a replacement.
What about Shane Day? Seems like he's done an alright job with the QB's in the short time he's had here?

Reaction Score
What about Shane Day? Seems like he's done an alright job with the QB's in the short time he's had here?

If we're going all-in on football and this hire, we can't settle for coaches who do an "alright job".

And again, I don't mean any disrespect to our coaches, because we needed those 3 wins, so they can get an opportunity to interview, but I'm good with going with a clean slate too. That should be our new coach's call.

Reaction Score
Nuzie's selling real estate in Fairfield County last I saw. The oddest night of my life.... A friend of a friend who was engaged to Craig Austrie was having her bachelorette party at Foxwoods. The fiance is a triplet from Trumbull and one of her sisters was dating Nuzie at the time. For some reason, dates were allowed to this bachelor party and Nuzie was along for the ride. My friend from college was one of the fiance's friend's "date" and I was gambling with him before he joined the festivities. I somehow got roped into the event and had a few too many whiskey's.

TL;DR I partied with Matt Nuzie at Craig Austrie's fiance's bachelorette party

The triplets are good kids from a nice family, very good players, or at least 2 pf them if I remember correctly.

Reaction Score
628x471.jpg

Think I better start playing some UConn athletics...

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
Bill - is that you in your profile pic? Or is that the guy from Weeds? Or maybe they aren't mutually exclusive, are you the guy from Weeds?

It is the guy from Weeds. In that episode, they end up going to a country club to deal and Andy pretends to be a big shot CEO. Makes up a whole persona and calls himself Bill Sussman.

My name isn't actually even Bill but my old roommates used to call me Sussman because I was the one with the big corporate job, climbing up the ladder.....and then I would come home or go to a UConn tailgate and it was clear I was just pretending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom