Coaching Search Tweets & More | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Coaching Search Tweets & More

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'm interested to see how much money they are willing to pay.

Reaction Score
Good news that the Wake job may be filled by a coach that seemingly wasn't in the top 2 on UConn's list. It would also take away a negotiating chip for Narduzzi and Lembo.

will be interesting to see what salary is. . . .sets bar for UConn.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
The more I think about this, the more I wonder why we want HCs out tier 2 schools. Unless its Narduzzi or somebody with legit big time experience at a BCS school, I don't see any benefit in doing anything other than going with the most motivated, proven quantity right in front if our eyes. I'm in for TJ, unless we get somebody remarkable. MAC doesn't cut it.
That's one of the lamer posts I've seen during the coaching search. You'd say no to Tressel who came from Youngstown State? Chip Kelly who came from New Hampshire? Urban Meyer who was at Utah before they were in the Pac? Do I even need to go on?

Oh - Jim Calhoun, he was at frikkin' Northeastern and you'd have said thanks but no thanks.

Reaction Score
Good news that the Wake job may be filled by a coach that seemingly wasn't in the top 2 on UConn's list. It would also take away a negotiating chip for Narduzzi and Lembo.

Jeff Jacobs‏@jacobscourant10h
Saw report where Clawson not in play at UConn. If true, he's either in at Wake or said no to UConn. UConn definitely was interested. Fact.

Dooley

Reaction Score

Agree. Narduzzi and Lembo have been 1 and 2 on my personal wish list for quite some time now.

Reaction Score
Jeff Jacobs‏@jacobscourant10h
Saw report where Clawson not in play at UConn. If true, he's either in at Wake or said no to UConn. UConn definitely was interested. Fact.

That report was by coachingsearch.com - the same site that " was guessing Narduzzi to UConn. We'll see :)

Last edited:

Dooley

Reaction Score
I'd offer both Narduzzi and Lembo $2M/yr range and the first one to accept, wins our job. UCONN is a much better job than Wake.

Reaction Score
Dez has zero credibility. Has he ever come out and said he was wrong about the lack of talent card he kept playing?

He lost credibility with me when he yucked it up with Michigan's press about how they were going to blow UCONN away, predicting a 45-10 win for the wolverines. Even if potentially true at the time, it was just bad form for a UCONN beat reporter. It looks like the Detroit Free Press is now charging for the article but you can probably search by headline via chache.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:SNWNG6xi40EJ:www.battlecreekenquirer.com/article/C4/20130920/SPORTS06/309200071/ &cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

http://www.freep.com/article/20130920/SPORTS06/309200071/michigan-football-uconn

Last edited:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'd offer both Narduzzi and Lembo $2M/yr range and the first one to accept, wins our job. UCONN is a much better job than Wake.
I agree with the second part of your post but the first part makes zero sense.

I've seen this approach in recruiting and there it has some validity but if the recruit who blinked first ends up being less than what was expected having him on the roster can still provide some value and more importantly, you have a chance to correct this error in the next recruiting class. We cannot play games with this hire. We need to be as thorough and deliberate as possible. We cannot chose candidate A over candidate B just because once said yes quicker.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Saw that... I was just thinking it was oddly placed and longish within the coaching update write-up. And most writers/blogger/reporters would have just said UConn has been vying for an ACC and B1G invite... maybe he knows something? Maybe Tim F. from the Daily Campus also spoke to someone who knows something?

Well anyway, back to Narduzzi, Lembo, Clawson, Hermann, Diaco, Weist, Saban...
Saban... lol

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Dez has zero credibility. Has he ever come out and said he was wrong about the lack of talent card he kept playing?

Des is going to have to earn his stripes as a beat reporter with the new staff. His SoUrces at the school are gone.

Reaction Score
Chin Diesel said:
Des is going to have to earn his stripes as a beat reporter with the new staff. His SoUrces at the school are gone.

He still meets up with PeePee and Ole Gray George at McDonalds on RT 5 in South Windsor on Sunday mornings. They fill him in on happenings in the college landscape.

What's good?

Reaction Score
If we hire Narduzzi, we can let him know Dez is pro-Syracuse!

Dooley

Reaction Score
I agree with the second part of your post but the first part makes zero sense.

I've seen this approach in recruiting and there it has some validity but if the recruit who blinked first ends up being less than what was expected having him on the roster can still provide some value and more importantly, you have a chance to correct this error in the next recruiting class. We cannot play games with this hire. We need to be as thorough and deliberate as possible. We cannot chose candidate A over candidate B just because once said yes quicker.

Oh, I agree. I was speaking tongue in cheek. Getting cheeky after spending all day on this Twitter thing searching UCONN news. I'm getting punchy because I think we are up next!

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
It's a mute point now but I don't remember seeing anything about why Clawson was never "in the mix" for UConn? Just seems a little odd unless some insiders knew he was Wake's #1 choice and wanted to be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom