Coaches Poll is a Joke | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Coaches Poll is a Joke

Reaction Score
Fortunately, the coaches poll has nothing to do with what the selection committee will do next Sunday, so it really doesn’t matter.
I also believe the selection committee DOES consider injuries or player coming back from an injury into account!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I also believe the selection committee DOES consider injuries or player coming back from an injury into account!
See my post above #26

Reaction Score
Why top "25?"

Shouldn't it be limited to 16 or expanded to 32.

1678224399219.png

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Is ND still not disclosing the extent of Miles' injury? Can the committee assume she's out if ND doesn't announce it?

Maybe they're trying to pull a Stanford dodge like from 1998. Keep calling it "day to day" and maybe we'll get a higher seed. 2 of Stanford's best players were out near the end of that year , but Kristin Fokl's status was a mystery. So Stanford retained their #1 seed and interestingly that was the only time a #1 lost to a #16 (Harvard) in the Women's tourney.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The most intriguing team is Duke, they should be Top 16 but don't manage to get to 50

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, when you combine the polls and Charlie, you can see when the general consensus is heading (although ridiculous). IMO, this will be the direction the NCAA will go

SC, IND, IOWA, VA TECH -- STANFORD, UCONN, LSU (Would be 8, but can't be with SC), MD, UTAH

1-2 Matchups
SC-MD/UT
IND-LSU
IOWA-UCONN
VA TECH-STAN

I would love to get the 5 and play Va Tech who I think we could beat eaislUCONN beat
UCONN beat Iowa at Iowa!
IND and VA tech haven't beaten anybody!
Stanford and LSU played easy schedules to run up their totals!

Reaction Score
UCONN beat Iowa at Iowa!
IND and VA tech haven't beaten anybody!
Stanford and LSU played easy schedules to run up their totals!
I didn't say that was my opinion, just what I think the selection committee will do. I agree with you. Don't shoot the messenger. :)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Is ND still not disclosing the extent of Miles' injury? Can the committee assume she's out if ND doesn't announce it?
That’s a great question. Injury disclosure is the one element of the Selection Committee’s seeding decisions that can be influenced by coaches as the Committee depends entirely on the HC to advise them about key players availability for the Tournament.

In the case of Olivia Miles, after watching the video of her injury and her reaction to it, I was certain that she’d blown out her ACL and was done for the season. To my amazement, the next day Coach Ivie was somewhat vague, suggesting they didn’t know if Miles would be out, more tests to be done, yada, yada, yada.

I don’t know if there has been an update on Miles injury lately. But I would be shocked if she plays again this season.

Reaction Score
Two coaches didn't even turn in rankings; possibly others didn't put any effort into it, just turned in the same rankings as last week, or turned them in early before the Big East was decided. I can't otherwise explain a team winning three games by 70 points and staying the same as last week when they were reeling.

Reaction Score
These coaches obviously don't watch UCONN or they are smoking crack. UCONN would crush 7 out of 8 teams ahead of it in a neutral court game.

The only poll that matters is the one that's at end of the season.

Reaction Score
do they release the votes so you can who the coaches are and how they voted? Or would that be too embarrassing so they mark it "top secret/classified?".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom