Coaches Poll is a Joke | The Boneyard

Coaches Poll is a Joke

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Don't know what they are thinking or maybe smoking, but UConn stays at #9 in their poll. Maybe they hope that if they keep them there UConn won't get a 2 seed. ND gets blown out in the ACC Tournament. Stanford doesn't make the finals, LSU lost to TN, a team that UConn crushed without Azzi or CD. Geno needs to make this Bulletin Board material for the NCAA Tournament.

1678220613456.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Don't know what they are thinking or maybe smoking, but UConn stays at #9 in their poll. Maybe they hope that if they keep them there UConn won't get a 2 seed.

View attachment 84815
I agree, the coaches*s poll is a joke. I suspect a little bias and the idea of keeping UConn at a lower seed reflects subjective opinions of UConn’s success over the years.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame in a blow out loss to an unranked team, loses the ACC Player of the Year probably for the year and don't move.
Stanford loses and moves up one spot.
LSU loses to an unranked team and moves down one.

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
Don't know what they are thinking or maybe smoking, but UConn stays at #9 in their poll. Maybe they hope that if they keep them there UConn won't get a 2 seed. ND gets blown out in the ACC Tournament. Stanford doesn't make the finals, LSU lost to TN, a team that UConn crushed without Azzi or CD. Geno needs to make this Bulletin Board material for the NCAA Tournament.

View attachment 84815
POLITICS, AND JEALOUSY. I am sure there are many coaches that are not fans of Geno and Uconn. Just as Charley Creme is swayed to the Southern teams, along with ESPN.

Reaction Score
it's good UConn won last night...if we would have lost the coaches would have moved us out of the top 25...it is ridicules that UConn is held to some other standard than any other team in the country...

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, when you combine the polls and Charlie, you can see when the general consensus is heading (although ridiculous). IMO, this will be the direction the NCAA will go

SC, IND, IOWA, VA TECH -- STANFORD, UCONN, LSU (Would be 8, but can't be with SC), MD, UTAH

1-2 Matchups
SC-MD/UT
IND-LSU
IOWA-UCONN
VA TECH-STAN

I would love to get the 5 and play Va Tech who I think we could beat eaisly

Reaction Score
it's good UConn won last night...if we would have lost the coaches would have moved us out of the top 25...it is ridicules that UConn is held to some other standard than any other team in the country...
Not ridiculous, the price of glory

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Right. Neither polls or coaches opinions have any bearing on seeding. Polls are just something for fans to talk about
i hope you're right. we shall see.

regardless, uconn just needs to start a 6-game winning streak.

Reaction Score
What's the punchline? LSU? AP has them at 9. The coaches have them at 4. I'd like to bring our friend John McInroe in for a hearty "You can't be serious!"

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
As crazy as it is we have people posting to this board with similar posts. This is a poll for Dummies. I would like to know how I can have a poll posted and I’m serious. We will call it the Badass poll

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
As information, the Selection Committee takes the following factors into consideration when seeding teams:
  • SOS
  • NET rankings/4 quadrants (replaces RPI)
  • Entire body of work
  • Recent performance
  • Injuries (i.e. who’s out for the tournament and who is back)
From UConn’s perspective, SOS & NET are exceptional. At 29-5 with a number of wins over ranked teams, UConn’s entire body of work is solid.

Recent performance is a bit tricky. Are we talking about the last month of the season or the last 3 days? It’s certainly helpful that UConn closed on a high note with their performance in the BET.

Finally, the injury factor should work in UConn’s favor. In every game that UConn lost this season, Azzi was out for the entire game, with the exception of ND when she was out for the 2nd half. Caroline also missed several games that UConn lost. Everyone is back and the team should be as healthy as they have been all year for the start of the Big Dance.

I think you could make a case for UConn as a #1 seed. But quite frankly, I expect UConn to be no lower than a #2 seed. At that point, just like last year when UConn was a #2 seed, the Huskies have to go out and JUST WIN BABY!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom