Clearly our best lineup is: | The Boneyard

Clearly our best lineup is:

Reaction Score
Newton, Hawkins, Jackson, Karaban, and Sanago. These lineup has size, length, speed, skill, and flat out talent. Of the bench - Diarra spells Newton, Joey C spells Hawkins, Alleyne spells Jackson, Johnson when healthy spells Karaban , and DC spells Sanogo . Let's go!!!

Reaction Score
That’s too many bodies still. 8 is ideal. One of DC/Johnson will see their time tail off. Not sure who the other guy will be, but there will be another guy.

Reaction Score
I kinda hate playing the "lineup should be" game but ponder this.

Newton, Hawkins, Alleyne, Jackson and Clingan.

Don't poo poo it right away. Think about it for a moment.

Alleyne looks physically very capable and statistically may have the best resume as a 3 point shooter. He's going to be difficult to keep on the bench.

Since my theoretical lineup is basically all guards I figured I'd add the largest "human" we've had for over a decade to make up for our lack of size.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I kinda hate playing the "lineup should be" game but ponder this.

Newton, Hawkins, Alleyne, Jackson and Clingan.

Don't poo poo it right away. Think about it for a moment.

Alleyne looks physically very capable and statistically may have the best resume as a 3 point shooter. He's going to be difficult to keep on the bench.

Since my theoretical lineup is basically all guards I figured I'd add the largest "human" we've had for over a decade to make up for our lack of size.
stoned apple GIF

Reaction Score
I think Donny said it best last night, UConn will have guys step up each game but it will be different players each game. They may excel one game and not contribute much the next. This team appears to be quite cohesive and genuinely like each other to an outsider like me. I'm assuming he expects regular high contributions from Sanogo and Hawkins.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Karaban does too much and has too high a bball IQ to keep him off the floor. He kinda reminds me a bit of Niels Giffey in what he can do but I think his ceiling is higher.
I heard that take last night and couldn’t disagree more.

Reaction Score
Newton, Hawkins, Jackson, Karaban, and Sanago. These lineup has size, length, speed, skill, and flat out talent. Of the bench - Diarra spells Newton, Joey C spells Hawkins, Alleyne spells Jackson, Johnson when healthy spells Karaban , and DC spells Sanogo . Let's go!!!
I love your excitement and vibe, but I'm going to throw a wrench in this thread (figuratively, no, Whaley is not on the Boneyard, insofar as I know):

My thought? I don't know.

I have no idea what UConn's best lineup is.

I have no clue.

But, that makes me so happy!

There is so much depth on this team where there's no way to know who will shine in each game. That potential for lineup parity is a huge reason why I like this team's ceiling.

Reaction Score
Feels so good to finally have a deep roster with no glaring weaknesses.

For once, an injury won't completely derail our season.

Reaction Score
This team is soooo well balanced and easily the most talented Danny has had.

The question about PG has been answered. Newton is HIM. And Karaban is a badddd man at Forward.

Being able to have confidence in 9-10 guys is fantastic. That kind of talent and legit depth will allow guys like Hawkins and especially Sanago to stay healthy and fresh throughout the season.

Reaction Score
Feels so good to finally have a deep roster with no glaring weaknesses.

For once, an injury won't completely derail our season.

This simply isn't true. If Sanogo or Karaban get injured we're screwed. Newton a close 3rd.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
It will not be DC
Don’t be so sure of this. If we’re playing man in conference teams will draw him away from the basket. I imagine teams like Creighton who play 5 out will be a challenge for him.

Reaction Score
This simply isn't true. If Sanogo or Karaban get injured we're screwed. Newton a close 3rd.
We wouldn't be screwed if Karaban got injured. Sanogo, maybe, but we'd still have enough talent to be a borderline top-25 team.

Reaction Score
I may be beating a dead horse here, but I still don't think Johnson (as of now) is better than Springs. I'm not there for practice, but I'm just talking in-game results

Reaction Score
Richie doesn't spring to life?

Somehow, I love that guy.

Reaction Score
The casualness with which Samson’s significant injury and the time he’ll miss is just kind of written off is wild. Everybody’s hype for the freshmen, and I get it, but Adama, Donovan, and Alex are not going to cut it against every team. There’s enough guard/wing depth to throw out four of them, but Samson’s skill set adds something different.

Reaction Score
Karaban does too much and has too high a bball IQ to keep him off the floor. He kinda reminds me a bit of Niels Giffey in what he can do but I think his ceiling is higher.
I didn’t want to drop that name too quickly but I was thinking it last night; appreciate you saying it first lol

Kid needs to bulk up like Niels did, not sure he can match up as well physically right now

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom