Clearly our best lineup is: | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Clearly our best lineup is:

Reaction Score
I may be beating a dead horse here, but I still don't think Johnson (as of now) is better than Springs. I'm not there for practice, but I'm just talking in-game results

Based on what game results exactly? He played 1 game for 12 minutes

Reaction Score
I don’t disagree with OP, but how about this

Ajax
Hawk
Alleyne
Caravan
Adama

More 3pt firepower, laser court vision, speed.
Tristen Trip-Dub Newton off the bench

Reaction Score
I would love to eventually see a lineup of AJ, Hawk, AK, Sanogo, and Donovan.

Donovan planted on the block, Sanogo working from the elbow, two great shooters and a hyper-athletic point

Reaction Score
That’s too many bodies still. 8 is ideal. One of DC/Johnson will see their time tail off. Not sure who the other guy will be, but there will be another guy.
All are championship team had 9 or 10 guys averaging 8 or more minutes with the only 2009 FF team having only 8
After Dyson was injured and a when guard got into foul trouble or needed a rest we were forced to use a garbage guy like Sophomore Beverly as a sub.
Beverly lovers please don’t attack he was much better as a senior. and contributed to the 2011 NC.
He was awful as a sophomore.
This team may have 10 who average 10 minutes.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
It's great that so far the best lineup varies AND DH is playing that way - no more same lineup whether it's working or not, the team is good enough and has enough different skills that mixing & matching works. A lot more synergy this season and, so far during cupcake season, it looks like our talent goes deeper & wider.

I feel bad but I've got nothing for Johnson, he's just never had enough play time for me to get a sense for him so right now... I don't see him bumping someone from the starting lineup. I'd love to be wrong because that would mean he's pretty darn good.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I think Clingan and Alleyne are going to play no matter what. How much diarra and Joey C plays will be matchup dependent
Joey is our best pure outside threat. He has to play

Reaction Score
I disagree, his defense left too much to be desired. His offense has yet to be tested against a good team with good defense. In UNCW game alone, he was blowed by at least twice, resulting Sonogo or clingan fouls.

We have too many outside threat on this team: Hawk, AK47, Alleyne, Newton… My prediction is His usages will be very limited when it comes to tournament times. Otherwise, we are in more trouble than you think.

Last edited:

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
As purely an offensive player, he’s probably played the best out of him and Alleyne so far. May even throw in Diarra cause he’s been up and down.

Reaction Score
From 3 cupcake games its a “massive“ understatement. The highs and lows on this board are epic.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the teams they’ve played or even the games they’ve played this season.

Karaban is bigger, more skilled, and has a better basketball IQ. I would have said the same thing in July.

Reaction Score
What? No.

He can shoot ok, he's not a knockdown guy.

He is an absolute turnover machine

He plays zero defense and gets bullied all over the court.

He will see his minutes shrink most with andre & Hawk back.

At least Alleyne plays D

Reaction Score
3 games vs low majors doesn’t take away from the fact that Karaban is easily one of our 5 best players

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Really want 10 who can play, 9 who play regularly but really only needing 8 for any individual game.

Depending on match ups, game flow, foul trouble, nagging injurires, having 10 who are capable of playing at the highest level is ideal. You do this knowing #10 is the first to see minutes trimmed and #9 and #8 are more situationally used with #8 being a bit more versatile and thus getting a few more minutes.

Newton, Hawkins, Jackson, Karaban, Sanogo. Starters done.

Diarra back up PG.
Alleyne is first 2/3 off the bench. Joey C is a back up for the 2G.
Clingan off the bench to spell Sanogo. Springs picks up whatever is left.

Not sure what we'll see from Johnson.

that's 10 players right there with Springs being #10. At this point Joey C is probably #9 due to Alleyne being able to play two positions and showing strong defense on the perimeter. But if Alleyne can't shoot, Joe C will take his minutes.

Diarra's minutes will fluctuate depending on how Newton is playing and what they can do with Jackson taking over some PG responsibilities. Diarra better start making some FT's now. Small sample size but 4-10 isn't going to cut it from a primary ball handler.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom