Claflin surprise | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Claflin surprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Man, what a great post and great video. Good for him and for BD and the team...love the group dynamic that comes through in this short clip. As a parent of college kids (one of whom JUST went on full academic scholarship, thank God!) I can only imagine that phone call to Mom and Dad. Great work, Jeremy!

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Don't mean to derail the thread at all but I will say that what Diaco was saying last year regarding the team was accurate on almost every account. I walked on in the Fall of 2011. There seemed to be no team unity, people hung out with 2 or 3 other people. Walkons weren't allowed to eat in the facility with the team and the coaching staff was extremely abrasive/disrespectful to us. For the Iowa State game they didn't even let us stand on the sideline/dress for the game. Then at Monday morning's special teams film at 530am P unloaded on Teggart about how he'll never be an NFL kicker if he kicks like he did in the ISU game. I stayed on the team a little while longer and then left after it was apparent they would never give us regular treatment. We essentially were made to feel as though we weren't members of the team. Not that walkons are the superstars of the team but its really good to see Diaco rewarding so many of the hard working players like this.

This is the last I'll comment on this in this thread though. Would like to keep the attention to Claflin and the team. This is his moment. Congrats, kid.

That would be the same Dave Teggart who hit the 50+ yard FG at USF to send us to the Fiesta Bowl. I was in attendance at that game. If he doesn't hit that FG, we were going to lose it in OT. USF had all the momentum going in their favor.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Other than having gone to Conard, he sounds like an alright kid. Kudos to him, and f the Chieftains.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wait a second... P had preferred walk-ons?

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
I made a joke previously because I hate Conard, but I wanted to come back and just point out what type of person one has to be to go through 4 years of summers, two-a-days, offseason training, and all those practices, only to see the field minimally and while paying their own way. Kids like that are guaranteed to be successes in life. It is also the kind of people the Cersosimo's are, so I am not surprised if this was a kid that Coach C was pushing to continue.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I made a joke previously because I hate Conard, but I wanted to come back and just point out what type of person one has to be to go through 4 years of summers, two-a-days, offseason training, and all those practices, only to see the field minimally and while paying their own way. Kids like that are guaranteed to be successes in life. It is also the kind of people the Cersosimo's are, so I am not surprised if this was a kid that Coach C was pushing to continue.

Well they would have been at UConn together but Cersosimo wasn't at Conard yet I don't think.

With a scholarship in hand, senior Jeremy Claflin sets his sights on a bowl game:

http://www.theuconnblog.com/2015/8/...nd-senior-jeremy-claflin-sets-his-sights-on-a

Jax Husky

Reaction Score

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Old man Cersosimo was at Conard for the last hundred years. Not referring to Matt (his son)who was the coach at UConn.

Good point - I forgot. Getting old sucks. But you were right.

Reaction Score
Watching that video of Claflin signing his scholarship paperwork never gets old!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom