Cincinnati vs UConn in the 4/5 game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Cincinnati vs UConn in the 4/5 game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Gary Clark hasn't made a FG in over 100 minutes of playing time. No chance he plays well.

THIS has been working for you this year so cut the crap. This reverse psychology has been a thorn in our side this year so kobe you need to admit you will win and sweep us - NOW or you're not welcome.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
After Monmouth losing last night it's quite simple...if they win Friday, they are in. If they lose, I don't think they have a right to be in the tournament. That would make them 4-5 in their last 9.

Reaction Score
There are teams that are going to be in the tournament that couldn't beat SMU or Texas or Cincy for that matter. If we lost a close game Fri to a team that went on to win the AAC Is there any way we could get in?

Reaction Score
There are teams that are going to be in the tournament that couldn't beat SMU or Texas or Cincy for that matter. If we lost a close game Fri to a team that went on to win the AAC Is there any way we could get in?

It just doesn't feel like that is possible. The season would have the feel of an end of the year collapse and I don't think that would be rewarded with a tourney bid.

Reaction Score
Looks like I'm burning a vacation day on this one - they better not add wasting one of my PTO days to the laundry list of disappointments from this season
I'm skipping a training course to catch this game. You know the right answer to your question.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If UConn shoots 20 FTs they win. Cinci will commit at least 40 fouls. Will the refs call even 1/3 of them, that's the question.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

I think there's a small chance, but I doubt we would.

Reaction Score
The committee is going to have a tough time this year because there are so many teams with similar profiles. What do they value the most? Your out of league schedule? Road wins? How much do Top 100 RPI + losses hurt v.s. Top 100 RPI wins? Do they rely more on the advanced metrics than the RPI?

Even with a loss on Friday, UConn would not have a loss outside of the Top 75 in the RPI. We would have won 7 road/neutral games.

I don't think we make it if we lose Friday, but it may be closer than some people think.

Reaction Score
The committee is going to have a tough time this year because there are so many teams with similar profiles. What do they value the most? Your out of league schedule? Road wins? How much do Top 100 RPI + losses hurt v.s. Top 100 RPI wins? Do they rely more on the advanced metrics than the RPI?

Even with a loss on Friday, UConn would not have a loss outside of the Top 75 in the RPI. We would have won 7 road/neutral games.

I don't think we make it if we lose Friday, but it may be closer than some people think.

I tend to think it all depends on whether the winner of Cincy/UConn also takes the AAC autobid. If that happens, the committee may say that the AAC deserves a second team.

Reaction Score
I tend to think it all depends on whether the winner of Cincy/UConn also takes the AAC autobid. If that happens, the committee may say that the AAC deserves a second team.
I actually think the AAC will get a second team almost for sure.

Tulsa or Houston will be in the AAC final.

If Tulsa makes the finals and loses to us (or Temple, or Cincy), they will be 22-11 with an RPI ~38, SOS ~50, and a decent number of Top 50 and Top 100 wins.

Houston, on the other hand, likely has to win out.

Still, I think the AAC definitely gets 2, possibly 3, with an outside shot (if all the stars align) to get 4. We're closer to 2 than four, though.

Reaction Score
I'm skipping a training course to catch this game. You know the right answer to your question.

Oops, this was meant to be a reply to Mau's question. Regardless, everyone should know what they need to do this Friday at 2pm regardless of what else might be on their calendar. Hint - it involves a TV and some Rolling Rocks...

Friday at 2pm? - have an 8am tee time in NC will be done on time but 23 have 36 scheduled, what to do? :(

Reaction Score

If Tulsa makes the finals and loses to us (or Temple, or Cincy), they will be 22-11 with an RPI ~38, SOS ~50, and a decent number of Top 50 and Top 100 wins.

Still, I think the AAC definitely gets 2, possibly 3, with an outside shot (if all the stars align) to get 4. We're closer to 2 than four, though.

Then I guess we root for a Cincy/Houston final if UConn loses.

Reaction Score

If we lose on Friday, root for Cincy to beat Temple in the semis. I think at that point, we get in ahead of Temple. I know people might think I'm crazy because Temple will have beaten us twice, but our RPI will be roughly the same, but we will have much better numbers against them everywhere else, especially in non-league play. And Temple has some bad losses.

Reaction Score
Confirms what we all (or most of us) have said. The two best teams are playing in the 4/5 game

ODDS TO WIN 2016 AAC TOURNAMENT
MARCH 10 – 13, 2016
ORLANDO, FL

CINCINNATI 5-2
U CONN 3-1
TULSA 9-2
TEMPLE 5-1
HOUSTON 7-2
MEMPHIS 15-1
FIELD 60-1

Reaction Score
Haven't seen any roll calls for Orlando as of yet...I will be there with 5 others for the whole weekend. Looks like tickets are reasonable and plentiful thus far.

Anyone else in? Chin...you making the drive???

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Haven't seen any roll calls for Orlando as of yet...I will be there with 5 others for the whole weekend. Looks like tickets are reasonable and plentiful thus far.

Anyone else in? Chin...you making the drive???

I'm in FL til Wednesday night. :-(

Thinking about trying to change my flight.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Because I'm Scotch and extraordinarily tight with a penny.
orlando. the home of the cheap tourist fleabag.
Plus there will be tickets on the ground for the tournament. I could probably do a 3 day stay (room AND tickets) for about 130 dollars. :)

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
All I see is Kronin working the heck out of the ref's and Miller and Brimah will be in foul trouble the entire game.

How can Cronin intimidate any zebras? He's lucky if he's 4' 11" standing on a step stool.

He reminds me of our junior HS coach. Guy was the same height as Cronin, but to compensate for it he used to jump up and down on one of those metal, cafeteria-style folding chairs every time the refs blew a call. Every ref in our league thought he was completely crazy, which he was.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
How can Cronin intimidate any zebras? He's lucky if he's 4' 11" standing on a step stool.

He reminds me of our junior HS coach. Guy was the same height as Cronin, but to compensate for it he used to jump up and down on one of those metal, cafeteria-style folding chairs every time the refs blew a call. Every ref in our league thought he was completely crazy, which he was.
Agreed. If Mick was forced to play Ollie one-on-one, he would have no chance. Kind of like how our team has little shot on Friday.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Height is irrelevant. It's level of crazy that matters. I can totally see refs sprinting for the tunnels with the mad leprechaun following close on their heels, spewing fire and brimstone and foaming at the mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom