Chukwu down to Providence and St. Joes | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Chukwu down to Providence and St. Joes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Murphy isn't a CT kid just like Chukwu isn't a CT kid, he's from CA and even plays his AAU ball out west.

caw

Reaction Score
Murphy isn't a CT kid just like Chukwu isn't a CT kid, he's from CA and even plays his AAU ball out west.

So he should be a lock lol considering Ollie's Cali recruiting.

BTW how come UCLA can't get the best Cali kids to go there.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm not sure of your actual question. We went head to head and got beat. When other schools lose to UConn it's also a level playing field even when UConn has advantages. It's a free country after all.
This.

Congrats to PC on a very nice pick up.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score

Really? I didn't know that.

With all the great basketball prep schools out in California, why in god's name would he come to Fairfield?

Reaction Score
Really? I didn't know that.

With all the great basketball prep schools out in California, why in god's name would he come to Fairfield?
family relocated here, he used to roll with the Dream Vision program(Shabazz Muhammed, Isaac Hamilton, Stephen Zimmerman), but this summer played with Team Fast which is based out of OR.

edit: I think he split time with both.

Reaction Score
I will say this with confidence........Chukwu's support team was looking out for their own good rather than his!!! Too bad.........:eek:

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
I think you should attend the next Coach Calhoun event and ask him that.

And please make sure someone near you has audio and video rolling.

I'ts the dumbest duckin question I've ever heard. It's been written about. It's been talked about. Don't shake your gnikcvf head! I can't take every player. We have 13 scholarships. If you want me to say I ducked up, I ducked up!

Reaction Score
I will say this with confidence........Chukwu's support team was looking out for their won good rather than his!!! Too bad.........:eek:

Looking at the totality of the circumstances it is my opinion there is some truth to that.

I will have to act on the assumption he got good advise and wish him well though.

Reaction Score
I know, but he currently lives in CT. And Drummond came out of the womb with a UConn hat.
Not exactly. Drummond lived in Mt. Vernon, NY for the first 8 years of his life and then moved to CT. But yeah, he grew up most of his life a Husky fan just like most of us and thus the draw to play there.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Time to move on. As I said before I don't think a center was a must in this class but a four and a one are pretty important. Look at where coach Ollie has put his time in this summer tells me all I need to know about his priorities.

Reaction Score
I know, but he currently lives in CT. And Drummond came out of the womb with a UConn hat.

If your point is that CT kids should be dying to play for Uconn, then why would you discount Drummond for doing exactly that?

Reaction Score
UConn does actually pretty well ratings wise. Is Heron related to Gil Scott Heron?

Lastly, I believe UConn has offered Donovan Mitchell for 2015.

Heron is the son of Bryan Heron who played and starred at CCSU in hard-hittin' New Britain, CT.

I watched the elder Heron play at CCSU and the younger kid has some good genes.

I have heard that Kansas is heavily looking @ / recruiting Heron as well. With such a talented player, all the big boys will be out in force for him. He recently played at New Britain's annual Osgood Park event (Kemba coached a tema, Jared Sullinger, Ryan Gomes and some other NBA guys played). The kid is supposedly 6'6 and is a SG.

I don;t know where he goes to school and if parents live in CT or not. However, they do have some close ties to CT.

I'd love to hear more info on this kid if anyone knows more.

Reaction Score
Its early but Heron is ranked 5th overall for the entire class of 2016 by 247, the '16 class is also supposed to be much better than '14 & '15. He goes to Wilbraham and Monson, the prep school that Wolf went to and that Drummond and Dunn were set to go to until Drummond decided to reclass. Not sure where UConn stands with him but they are recruiting him.

Reaction Score
Its early but Heron is ranked 5th overall for the entire class of 2016 by 247, the '16 class is also supposed to be much better than '14 & '15. He goes to Wilbraham and Monson, the prep school that Wolf went to and that Drummond and Dunn were set to go to until Drummond decided to reclass. Not sure where UConn stands with him but they are recruiting him.

Weren't there some issues between UConn and the HC at that prep school?
I remember a newspaper article where the coach went out of his way to say he had no issues with UConn, which was a red flag.

Reaction Score
Weren't there some issues between UConn and the HC at that prep school?
I remember a newspaper article where the coach went out of his way to say he had no issues with UConn, which was a red flag.

I haven't heard anything, its been some years now since but they placed Wolf there, Glen Miller had some kind of connection to the HC.

Reaction Score
I haven't heard anything, its been some years now since but they placed Wolf there, Glen Miller had some kind of connection to the HC.

This was about Drummond mostly. There was concern about how Drummond was being handled by the coach, and the coach was none too pleased when Drummond left the prep school for UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom