Chris Smith speaks to the team after the Georgetown game | The Boneyard

Chris Smith speaks to the team after the Georgetown game

Reaction Score
Chris Smith knows a little something about guys coming off the bench.

1671801906043.png

Reaction Score
Occurs to me that our top 10 in most 'career' records will probably stay about the same from now on. Between portal transfers shortening careers solely 'at' UConn, and, professional opportunities for the best players before 4 years, its pretty unlikely to have 4 year players as productive as Smith and others. Stretching careers with another covid type extra year, maybe. I suppose if Sanogo were to use his senior year and covid year he would climb that mountain but it isn't going to happen. I wager most of our record holders are going to die of old age with their place in the UConn record books still firmly in place.

Reaction Score

View attachment 82266

Thanks for posting this.
I like listening to interviews with players from the early BE days when they talk about opposing players, teams and arenas. I got a kick out of both Smitty and Gwynn saying how much they hated playing at the Fieldhouse because of birds flying around and just how old of a place it was…and it was. I also didn’t realize that Gwynn ref’d D1 ball for 20yrs.

This was very entertaining and enlightening and I recommend it to the older BYer’s who were following the team back then and familiar with all of the names that were dropped.

Reaction Score
Great ball handler, great shooter, great finisher, and he knew how to get to the foul line. His offensive, game changed this university forever.

I remember one Pitt game, back and forth the usual rock fight. Then, in about a one minute stretch, Chris hit three straight threes and suddenly we were ahead nine points. The rock fight resumed and we basically won by those nine points. Not a game anyone really remembers but he made us winners. And he did it a lot.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting this.
I like listening to interviews with players from the early BE days when they talk about opposing players, teams and arenas. I got a kick out of both Smitty and Gwynn saying how much they hated playing at the Fieldhouse because of birds flying around and just how old of a place it was…and it was. I also didn’t realize that Gwynn ref’d D1 ball for 20yrs.

This was very entertaining and enlightening and I recommend it to the older BYer’s who were following the team back then and familiar with all of the names that were dropped.
This got me interested in the John Thompson - Morgan Wooten feud... found this on the web:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

View attachment 82266

This is great stuff. I listened for a couple of minutes. I look forward to watching the whole thing tonight.

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting this.

Stumbled upon it but yes it is excellent. Practicing at 2am after getting blown out at SJU. On a side note, what happened to Terry Coffee? Going through the archives he played 2 years under Perno. I think he was injured but I don't remember. The next year under Jim Calhoun our guards were Tate George, Phil Gamble, Steve Pikiell and Greg Economou

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
On a side note, what happened to Terry Coffee?
He came in that cycle where Perno mainly recruited guys named Terry. They both left aroung the same time.

Reaction Score
Team starts winning and awakens the fans and the past players. It's awesome to see old faces come through the program to show this is more a family and I think that's what makes UConn so unique. When the guys that played multiple years come through, tough to build that with just one and done guys.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom