Chris Smith speaks to the team after the Georgetown game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chris Smith speaks to the team after the Georgetown game

Reaction Score
Chris Smith is my all-time favorite player. Probably the most important recruit in the history of the program. Always had a great vibe about him. I met him for the first time at Ted’s. He was just hanging out in the back doing his thing. Had a bit of a cool strut both on and off the court. I value the concept of community-based. The Whalers are the example I always use, but Chris fits the mold as well: a local guy who the state and university both embraced. Glad to see he’s still involved with the program.

Reaction Score
He came in that cycle where Perno mainly recruited guys named Terry. They both left aroung the same time.

Terence Warren, is he still MIA? was he ever found? He seemed like a decent enough talent as a sophomore.

Reaction Score
Chris Smith is my all-time favorite player. Probably the most important recruit in the history of the program. Always had a great vibe about him. I met him for the first time at Ted’s. He was just hanging out in the back doing his thing. Had a bit of a cool strut both on and off the court. I value the concept of community-based. The Whalers are the example I always use, but Chris fits the mold as well: a local guy who the state and university both embraced. Glad to see he’s still involved with the program.
It's interesting you say that. With all the great players that have played at UConn, even Donny Marshall said Smith was his favorite Husky of all time. And Calhoun stated Smith was the most important recruit in the history of the program because it showed good recruits from Connecticut that it was acceptable to go to UConn and you didn't have to go to other Big East schools.

Hopefully we get that type of recruit for football as second time after Dan Orlovsky.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Terence Warren, is he still MIA? was he ever found? He seemed like a decent enough talent as a sophomore.
Warren wet his shorts dribbling up court v. Georgetown.

Terry Coffee was allergic to classes.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That was pretty much the standard back in the day, unless classes were being held at Ted's, in which case Uncle Cliffy would have had perfect attendance. :cool:
I had classes with guys on the team with in the late 70s early 80s and did some projects with a few of them.

Reaction Score
Stumbled upon it but yes it is excellent. Practicing at 2am after getting blown out at SJU. On a side note, what happened to Terry Coffee? Going through the archives he played 2 years under Perno. I think he was injured but I don't remember. The next year under Jim Calhoun our guards were Tate George, Phil Gamble, Steve Pikiell and Greg Economou

T Coffey was a good dude. Had some good times w him

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
T Coffey was a good dude. Had some good times w him
The program was in shambles by the time the Terry's came in. They didn't stand a chance.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Dream Season, enough said

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member