Chong will most likely choose between UCONN & Louisville | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Chong will most likely choose between UCONN & Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Couple things.......this young lady must have talent and chemistry,because the UConn staff has shown interest....and that is good enough for me!Also,our 2013 cubbard,so far,is bare,and thus,anyone that the staff looks at with high interest,and who seems to entertain choosing the school for their college career,should be expected to be an above average player,and a wonderful personality,for,that is what UConn seems to always recruit.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
This is why I always read the Boneyard, great sense of humor :)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
My apologies to anyone I offended, including Ms Chong. I obviously made my statement based on a small amount of data. I am sure that there are others who are better equipped to develop an opinion on her talent.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Chong is visiting next weekend, 9/14-16.
It is a big football weekend, last home game for several weeks, vs. UNC.
I don't follow college football much, but hopefully we will dust the field with their powder blue uniforms.

As much as i would love to see that.... I just cant see that happening. If I were a betting man, I would put my money on the boys in the Sissy Blue.

If you can't the school should quit football.

UNC isnt that bad of a team.... they would probably win the Big East this season, though thats not saying much :D

Edit..... I just saw that Louisville was ranked in the AP Poll :eek: Wow...

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
As much as i would love to see that.... I just cant see that happening. If I were a betting man, I would put my money on the boys in the Sissy Blue.

UNC isnt that bad of a team.... they would probably win the Big East this season, though thats not saying much :D

Edit..... I just saw that Louisville was ranked in the AP Poll :eek: Wow...
UNC lost to Wake Forest. Louisville is starting to get it together. They dropped off significantly after Petrino left for the Falcons, but Charlie Strong is a solid football coach who should have gotten an HC gig sooner than he did.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
UNC lost to Wake Forest. Louisville is starting to get it together. They dropped off significantly after Petrino left for the Falcons, but Charlie Strong is a solid football coach who should have gotten an HC gig sooner than he did.

Yes.... i was quite pleased with the Wake result...... I dont think Wake is that bad of a team.... though I will learn more about them after their trip to Tallahassee on Saturday. If Louisville is gonna beat UNC.... they will have to score plenty of points... as the Tarheels have a pretty explosive offense.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Well it's early in the season, so data are limited, but Wake beat the Liberty Fightin' Falwells by only three opening week.

Strong's background is D obviously, but Ville's offense is looking solid thus far.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
So you'd recommend something over-the-counter, Dr. Kibitzer?

May I assume it'd be the extra strength?

gasx.jpg

May I just send a case of air freshener?

sTu

Reaction Score
Something to think about when trying to evaluate talent via video or multiple live viewings of the player. There was this player from California who some thought was a "gunner." Some thought she was too slow to be effective in divison 1. Some thought she lacked lateral movement and would be a deficit defensively. Some folks who thought these things were not orange colored too. :) Not to insinuate that Chong has Diana's ability or intangbles, but we are also looking at a h.s. player who sees a lot of the court and is a point producer in addition to being a good shooter. Two years of basketball growth assuming a strong mental approach might yield one very talented, contributing player.

Reaction Score
With regards to Chong, she has dished the ball off more and more the past 3 years. As the young players around her matured she has been able to show her excellent passing ability, she is a better passer than shooter.
In many many games her HS coach is constantly urging her to take the shot herself when games are close. Watch some tape and she will constantly look to pass off in the first quarter of games. As the second quarter starts she does as she is told and starts to shoot and then it is game over, except against CNS. As for the YouTube video, you will notice that the scoring barrage did not start until the second period and then in the 2nd and 3rd the kid put up over 50 points on a very good Catholic School team from NYC.
Someone stated she was putting it up as soon as she crossed half court, didn't miss many did she. LOL.
The video is not an anomaly. She explodes like this all the time. If you were to look at her scoring average in the playoffs and against some to the best teams in the Tri State area it is probably 45 or 50. She has always had her best games against the best teams. But that is just my opinion.
Where will she go, I do not know. Rumors abound but we will see when we will see.
PS if watching BIG TIME college football is important to her, then I guess it is Scarlet and Grey, 'Cause a Big East all star team could not stay on the field with the Buckeyes let alone the lowly Huskies or Cardinals.

U

UCONNfan1

Thanks for the input Wild. I was going to quote your post to reply, but it was fairly long and I figured it would take up too much space in my post lol.

Can't deny the BE has not consistently or traditionally put top 10 football teams on the field. Sure they got the random WVU team to crack the top 10, but aside from that one year WVU had a great run, I'm not sure there has ever been a Big East team with a legit shot at the football championship. But any kid who makes college football the deciding factor in what shool to attend is not the right kid for UCONN... :)

As for OSU for Chong, I like Foster a lot and she could do worse, but he seems to consistently get his teams in the top 10 only to earn a 2 or seed, but get blown out of the NCAA's way early. I somehow think his teams generally end up over rated. Not sure why but but that's been my observation.

Kelsey Mitchell (2014) is one of the top 2 or 3 kids in her class. She's from Ohio. I'm sure Foster is all over her. Seems like she's gonna be a great one.

JS

Reaction Score
Thanks for the input Wild. I was going to quote your post to reply, but it was fairly long and I figured it would take up too much space in my post lol.
Just erase all of the quote except the part that leads most directly to your response -- as I just did in replying to your post.

(But don't erase the [ quote] and [ /quote] notations at beginning and end of the quote or it'll mess you up and you may find your own post appearing within the quote box.)

It has the advantage of identifying who you're talking to plus zeroing in on the statement in question, without taking up a lot of space with a lot of words to which you're not replying.

Am struck by the number of people who've been around for a while yet unnecessarily quote long posts in their entirety. That includes the unnecessary proliferation of the same picture in multiple posts as part of a quote.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Just erase all of the quote except the part that leads most directly to your response -- as I just did in replying to your post.

(But don't erase the [ quote] and [ /quote] notations at beginning and end of the quote or it'll mess you up and you may find your own post appearing within the quote box.)

It has the advantage of identifying who you're talking to plus zeroing in on the statement in question, without taking up a lot of space with a lot of words to which you're not replying.

Am struck by the number of people who've been around for a while yet unnecessarily quote long posts in their entirety. That includes the unnecessary proliferation of the same picture in multiple posts as part of a quote.

werd.gif

:D

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I think we get Saniya. The old comment she wont get playtime cause theres to many guards is out the door. Uconn needs guards and UConn needs guards who can pass and handle the ball. Saniya does both and can shoot. I believe she can lead this team and that exactly what Geno needs. A leader on the floor, and Saniya is just that. No better way to improve your skills then to have a team like UConn has assembled. I look at Sue and who she was surrounded by and I look at Renee and who she was surrounded by and I look at Saniya and who she will be surrounded by. She can only get better. Yep I like our chances alot.

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
With regards to Chong, she has dished the ball off more and more the past 3 years. As the young players around her matured she has been able to show her excellent passing ability, she is a better passer than shooter.
In many many games her HS coach is constantly urging her to take the shot herself when games are close. Watch some tape and she will constantly look to pass off in the first quarter of games. As the second quarter starts she does as she is told and starts to shoot and then it is game over, except against CNS. As for the YouTube video, you will notice that the scoring barrage did not start until the second period and then in the 2nd and 3rd the kid put up over 50 points on a very good Catholic School team from NYC.
Someone stated she was putting it up as soon as she crossed half court, didn't miss many did she. LOL.
The video is not an anomaly. She explodes like this all the time. If you were to look at her scoring average in the playoffs and against some to the best teams in the Tri State area it is probably 45 or 50. She has always had her best games against the best teams. But that is just my opinion.
Where will she go, I do not know. Rumors abound but we will see when we will see.
PS if watching BIG TIME college football is important to her, then I guess it is Scarlet and Grey, 'Cause a Big East all star team could not stay on the field with the Buckeyes let alone the lowly Huskies or Cardinals.

Football. Really? Ya'll better hope Chong doesn't base that decision on which bowl tOSU gets this season.

Of course, Chong might actually decide based on the WBB team which is the sport she's actually going to play. Ya think?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Football. Really? Ya'll better hope Chong doesn't base that decision on which bowl tOSU gets this season.

Of course, Chong might actually decide based on the WBB team which is the sport she's actually going to play. Ya think?
Not to mention that tOSU barely beat a crappy Cal team at home and the B1G is absolutely atrocious in football in general.

I mean UConn sucks at football, but that's a pretty silly reason for a WBB player not to head to Storrs.

Reaction Score
LesMis89, I don't think football will have any bearing on her decision. I was just taking a shot at a reference made by a previous poster. Oh, and of course I could not resist taking a shot at the sad state of big least football, not to mention what is left of the big least in all sports, generally.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
LesMis89, I don't think football will have any bearing on her decision. I was just taking a shot at a reference made by a previous poster. Oh, and of course I could not resist taking a shot at the sad state of big least football, not to mention what is left of the big least in all sports, generally.
Perhaps a Big East all star football team couldn't come close to OSU, but a Big 10 all star team in Whoops would still get blown out by UCONN. And the big east, as it stands now, is light years ahead of the Big 10 in WBBall.

Reaction Score
I think we get Saniya. The old comment she wont get playtime cause theres to many guards is out the door. Uconn needs guards and UConn needs guards who can pass and handle the ball. Saniya does both and can shoot. I believe she can lead this team and that exactly what Geno needs. A leader on the floor, and Saniya is just that. No better way to improve your skills then to have a team like UConn has assembled. I look at Sue and who she was surrounded by and I look at Renee and who she was surrounded by and I look at Saniya and who she will be surrounded by. She can only get better. Yep I like our chances alot.

At worst, Saniya could be a player like Ketia Swanier, who played much of her career behind Renee Montgomery, but nevertheless has been able to have a WNBA career. If Saniya plays behind MoJef for a couple of years and then starts as a senior, she'd still be in good position to play in the W, if that's what she wants.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
At worst, Saniya could be a player like Ketia Swanier, who played much of her career behind Renee Montgomery, but nevertheless has been able to have a WNBA career. If Saniya plays behind MoJef for a couple of years and then starts as a senior, she'd still be in good position to play in the W, if that's what she wants.

I think Saniya is ready to play beside MJ almost right away. She will need some work on defense and most freshman do but as far as a shooter and passer shes terrific and will only get better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom