Chief’s Briefs - Tulsa | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - Tulsa

C

Chief00

Vital and Polley raining threes on the bad guys rather than the other way.
- Williams got in with 4 minutes left in half. Cobb who was coming off suspension played before a guy who had eight rebounds last game. Williams is our best Big at: rebounding, boxing, screening, passing and ball security. Granted it’s a low bar but quite frankly I believe the above statement to be accurate and Chief knows Bigs.
- KO is expending energy on sideline line there is no tomorrow.
- Really don’t see what Whaley is giving us.
- Jeffers had some good dunks!
-Ollie’s going with his Muscle Beach front line of Larrie, Polley and Whaley
- One dude has 27 and no attempt to lock him up - deny him the ball - nothing but the stupid zone
- KO or anyone on his coaching staff has a clue how to get Bigs into the game plan. Carlton to his credit presents for the bill and seldom gets it.
- KO said pregame they worked all week on rebounding - but when you have only one guy inside the 3 line - please tell me how that works?

- You know you are in a coach’s doghouse when you play well and get less time.

- Larrier zero points but hits two big three at 2 minutes - then a key no box out on a FT followed by getting beat on a full court pass with lazy defense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
That was a winnable game. Got nothing of importance from TL. Couple late 3s. Jalen is tired. Physically and Mentally. Vital played well. Couple knuckle head shots. Polley nice early disappeared late. Carlton needed touches.

Can't say KO let it slip but I will say he is wearing out JA.

Reaction Score
Vital and Polley raining threes on the bad guys rather than the other way.
- Williams got in with 4 minutes left in half. Cobb who was coming off suspension played before a guy who had eight rebounds last game. Williams is our best Big at: rebounding, boxing, screening, passing and ball security. Granted it’s a low bar but quite frankly I believe the above statement to be accurate and Chief knows Bigs.
- KO is expending energy on sideline line there is no tomorrow.
- Really don’t see what Whaley is giving us.
- Jeffers had some good dunks!
-Ollie’s going with his Muscle Beach front line of Larrie, Polley and Whaley
- One dude has 27 and no attempt to lock him up - deny him the ball - nothing but the stupid zone
Still hating on Anderson? One of the few with a good game.

Reaction Score
Larrier was horrible tonight and Ollie played him too much in 2nd half. He had 1 rebound! Played terrible defense. We played well with Larrier on the bench, because if his shot isn't falling, he is a liability on the floor because he doesn't bring ball handling, defense, or rebounding.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Not the best brief, Chief. Better luck next time.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
That was a winnable game.
Can't say KO let it slip...

I'll say it then.
Twice this year KO got outcoached and lost by 2 points to Frank Haith. In some ways, this matters more than the many blowouts. What we are this year is a little bit worse than Tulsa.

The first half was kinda fun to watch: odd box score with a side of chat room.

Reaction Score
I'll say it then.
Twice this year KO got outcoached and lost by 2 points to Frank Haith. In some ways, this matters more than the many blowouts. What we are this year is a little bit worse than Tulsa.

The first half was kinda fun to watch: odd box score with a side of chat room.
I agree. Both Tulsa games should have been Ws. Tonight, we were beating Tulsa with energy and depth in the first half. We were forced to use our energy depth in the 1st half due to foul trouble, but in the 2nd half it was coaches decision not to use energy and depth and we got beat badly in the 2nd half.

I like Ollie and I have been thinking bring him back next year. But, he has to see it was coaching that lost the game tonight.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Agree in Whaley. Athletic and can dunk but can’t shoot and can’t rebound. I don’t see what he offers. He works hard in practice but if that don’t translate in games than play someone else.

Reaction Score
First half was fools gold. 5 theees from Anderson and Polley combined. That wasn’t going to happen in 2nd half.

C

Chief00

I agree. Both Tulsa games should have been Ws. Tonight, we were beating Tulsa with energy and depth in the first half. We were forced to use our energy depth in the 1st half due to foul trouble, but in the 2nd half it was coaches decision not to use energy and depth and we got beat badly in the 2nd half.

I like Ollie and I have been thinking bring him back next year. But, he has to see it was coaching that lost the game tonight.
This was the DECISION Game

Reaction Score
What I put on Ollie: no visible order to the offense on the possession after the last timeout down 1. But what I
can't put on Ollie: Larrier allowing the home run pass and the foul shot rebound.

BUT with this loss and an almost guaranteed sub . 500 record. Our coach is gone.

C

Chief00

How did I hate on him? I did not call him out by name but his defense was really bad on #4. He did shoot well, especially in the first half.

Reaction Score
First half was fools gold. 5 theees from Anderson and Polley combined. That wasn’t going to happen in 2nd half.
Your right as Polley didn't get a shot in the 2nd half and Anderson, I think, took only 1 or possibly 2.
What I put on Ollie: no visible order to the offense on the possession after the last timeout down 1. But what I
can't put on Ollie: Larrier allowing the home run pass and the foul shot rebound.

BUT with this loss and an almost guaranteed sub . 500 record. Our coach is gone.
I do put Larrier being on the floor on Ollie. He was playing horrible all night.

C

Chief00

I guess Sunday is the start packing game.

It pains me - I like KO - he expended so much energy in the first half on the sideline - with so little return and no transfer of toughness to players. While this was occurring a guy went off for 30 without much recognition by the defense until way too late.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Good point. In fact he has been playing well for a couple games. Slowly broke out of his slump. Nice contributor. Little late, but hey. Give credit.

Reaction Score
Your right as Polley didn't get a shot in the 2nd half and Anderson, I think, took only 1 or possibly 2.

I do put Larrier being on the floor on Ollie. He was playing horrible all night.
Maybe...but he just hit 2 3's, no way you could pull him at that point.

Reaction Score
It pains me - I like KO - he expended so much energy in the first half on the sideline - with so little return and no transfer of toughness to players. While this was occurring a guy went off for 30 without much recognition by the defense until way too late.
So with such slim pickings out there and so much else at stake do we just give chill a shot for a year and offer Ollie an extended buy out? Like extend his contract over 8 years or something at a lower rate and eat the income tax or something? Thinking bobby Bonilla style.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom