Chief’s Briefs - Tulsa | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - Tulsa

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I guess kart of the problem is per GTCAM is guys are playing different defenses on the same play. The communication between coaching staff and players is painful at this point.
No Chief that was not my implication - the coaches appear to be on the same page but I get the feeling that when the lights come on and the scoreboard is on, these players forget what they went through in practice and react like chickens with their head chopped off. In my coaching career I saw this a lot in my younger and physically weaker players - when they are being manhandled and pushed around they begin to be reactionary vs proactive with what they know should be done.
It boils down to the simple fact that UConn, in the past few years, look like a bunch of kids, tall kids, who when the look across the table they see they are facing men. Recruiting is the downfall here - UConn needs some junk yard dogs vs diaper dandies

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Couldn't agree more with your sentiment
However, maybe Chills is not the guy we need to recruit. He goes after the elite and I don't think those kids, even if UConn was playing well, would come to the AAC. UConn needs those kids who are sleepers, up and comers, guys who are going to stay 3 or 4 years like Giffs.
For sure. Realizing that temple is the closest geographical opponent should speak volumes of this shell of a conference WE have no business being in. It makes no sense financially, scheduling wise, recruiting wise, RIVALRY wise, the MAAC is even more sensible. Perhaps we should go rogue ala Notre Dame football?? And just go for ooc scheduling cuz that’s all it would be.

C

Chief00

I guess Larrier looked as bad on TV as he did live at the game. I can't believe what I'm watching, and I was moaning about his play long before he gets beat for a bunny and then gives up the rebound on the free throw line

He's lost out there, has zero confidence, the torn ACL and fractured nasal passage have taken his game away

Kevin needs to try to win more games and be less concerned with giving minutes to unproductive players.

As for Kevin overall, he's obviously feeling the heat, he's just not making good decisions, his rotations are mystifying down the stretch, he needs to get his mojo back
I agree, I don’t understand the rotations and the correlation between playing time and performance. At this stage of the season I don’t buy the narrative - well he does well in practice even if he stinks in games. It should be mostly based on game performance barring an attitude or discipline type situation.

C

Chief00

No Chief that was not my implication - the coaches appear to be on the same page but I get the feeling that when the lights come on and the scoreboard is on, these players forget what they went through in practice and react like chickens with their head chopped off. In my coaching career I saw this a lot in my younger and physically weaker players - when they are being manhandled and pushed around they begin to be reactionary vs proactive with what they know should be done.
It boils down to the simple fact that UConn, in the past few years, look like a bunch of kids, tall kids, who when the look across the table they see they are facing men. Recruiting is the downfall here - UConn needs some junk yard dogs vs diaper dandies
LOL - you read me wrong now - I am not saying the coaches don’t understand each other but rather there is a disconnect between coaches and players and player to player.

C

Chief00

That’s a shame about the casual fan.

Seals the deal for what exactly?

There is no reason not to announce. Zero. Ole Miss has a stronger athletic dept than UConn right now. Ole Phlukking Miss.

Tell me again how Boyle had to sit out a year due to transfer rules. That is a great interpretation of transfer rules.

Sorry - ok I will dumb it down - seals the deal on KO losing job at end of the season. I don’t understand the context of the rest of your diatribe.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Sorry - ok I will dumb it down - seals the deal on KO losing job at end of the season. I don’t understand the context of the rest of your diatribe.
So is Andy Kennedy. It’s been announced.

Why no UConn announcement? This is such an easy question not sure why you are struggling to answer it.

I’ll ask someone who is not so casual with the program. Thanks!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom