Chain Reaction DHam Could Start | The Boneyard

Chain Reaction DHam Could Start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If DHam goes what would keep Rodney here next year? His goal is to contend for a championship and he sees a weak front court returning and the team's best player leaving. Brimah doesn't seem to have a lot of options as he needs improvement just to have an overseas career. We need a major infusion of talent and I hope the coaching staff is on this.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
So the top 5 recruiting class doesn't count as a major infusion of talent????

Let's not overreact here. We all would have preferred to have Dham back for another year, but let's not act like he is irreplaceable and that the sky is all of a sudden falling

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Perhaps the dominoes will continue to fall until the rivers of Connecticut run with blood and next year's Final Four will consist of Cuse, Duke, Providence and Boston College.

c0c6698d-dfed-4f57-9c4c-4a77f3959ec4.jpg

caw

Reaction Score
Perhaps the dominoes will continue to fall until the rivers of Connecticut run with blood and next year's Final Four will consist of Cuse, Duke, Providence and Boston College.

c0c6698d-dfed-4f57-9c4c-4a77f3959ec4.jpg

Have to be at least somewhat realistic and replace BC with Kentucky or some other team we hate. Bc couldn't even make a FF in a UConn doomsday scenario.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
Have to be at least somewhat realistic and replace BC with Kentucky or some other team we hate. Bc couldn't even make a FF in a UConn doomsday scenario.

In my doomsday scenario, BC still fails to make the dance but ends up winning the NIT.

Reaction Score
If DHam goes what would keep Rodney here next year? His goal is to contend for a championship and he sees a weak front court returning and the team's best player leaving. Brimah doesn't seem to have a lot of options as he needs improvement just to have an overseas career. We need a major infusion of talent and I hope the coaching staff is on this.
How do you know what Rodney sees? He might like our front court and I bet he thinks he's the best player on the team. I still think there's a good chance Purvis returns and has a great year. And we have a "major infusion of talent coming in 2016. But one more guard will help

Reaction Score
No doomsday. This is a guy who can score 15-20 points, doesn't get to the rim and finish, but is a non NBA talent. The team's best player leaving and the prospect of making the NCAA and being a contending force for a title is diminished. He can make money somewhere. He could see a difficult year ahead that does not improve his situation. No doom just reality. Of course many will think that this great recruiting class (which I'm quite happy with) that hasn't played a second of college ball is riding in on a white horse.

Reaction Score
I think they're going to need more than one white horse, isn't there like 5 of them? By the time mid summer rolls around this board will have them elevated to 1st Team All Americans!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Because, and im just spit balling here, in the abscence of DHam If Rodney stays he could be the man AND contend for a title.

Reaction Score
Because, and im just spit balling here, in the abscence of DHam If Rodney stays he could be the man AND contend for a title.
We need him big time this year at this point with his experience and scoring no question. I think he has been a great program first guy, Just hoping he stays.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
People are going to think Im crazy, but I think Rodney will be Buddy Hield next year. Not to National player of the year standards (maybe AAC though) , but that similar rise of a mature Senior. He will be in the 40's shooting threes (with killer range) and he will be stronger at the rim and lethal in open court. Not to mention a lock down defender. In my mind going into this whole draft declare nonsense, if you made me pick one player to have next year between DHam and Rodney, I could make a big case for Rodney.

Reaction Score
Purvis is a rhythm/volume shooter. This will help him for next year, more of a chance to be THE guy (see 2014 AAC Championship game vs. SMU)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
People are going to think Im crazy, but I think Rodney will be Buddy Hield next year. Not to National player of the year standards (maybe AAC though) , but that similar rise of a mature Senior. He will be in the 40's shooting threes (with killer range) and he will be stronger at the rim and lethal in open court. Not to mention a lock down defender. In my mind going into this whole draft declare nonsense, if you made me pick one player to have next year between DHam and Rodney, I could make a big case for Rodney.

Yes. He's the best player on the team now, and will see more minutes. As I said in another thread, Hamilton's desire to play essentially the SG position created more problems for Purvis, not less. Purvis can now easily see time in a 3 guard lineup as well. He just went up about 5 minutes a game is my guess.

Reaction Score
This is going to sound harsh, but I'm ready to move past the DHam/Purvis/Brimah era. I like those guys, but to me they represent some of our worst recruiting years ever and I don't mind cleaning the slate.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is going to sound harsh, but I'm ready to move past the DHam/Purvis/Brimah era. I like those guys, but to me they represent some of our worst recruiting year ever and I don't mind cleaning the slate.
Harsh and ill-informed. Bringing in a top-20 guy and a McDonald's All American transfer can hardly be classified as our worst recruiting year ever. Yeesh.

Reaction Score
I actually made a very similar post a couple weeks ago.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The shock of DHam's decision has already caused me to waste at least an hour more discussing it here and texting with friends about it than I would have otherwise. Much like Sliding Doors, this has created a chain reaction of events that has already changed the entire course of my life.

Reaction Score
Harsh and ill-informed. Bringing in a top-20 guy and a McDonald's All American transfer can hardly be classified as our worst recruiting year ever. Yeesh.
Calhoun, Nolan, Facey, Samuels, Brimah, Kromah, Purvis, Cassell, Dham, Rock - Dham is good. Purvis is good. Some of the other guys filled a rolled. Maybe I'm missing someone...but that's 10 guys in a 3 year stretch. Most of which are very average. To me this group represents our worst recruiting stretch in 30 years.

Reaction Score
Calhoun, Nolan, Facey, Samuels, Brimah, Kromah, Purvis, Cassell, Dham, Rock - Dham is good. Purvis is good. Some of the other guys filled a rolled. Maybe I'm missing someone...but that's 10 guys in a 3 year stretch. Most of which are very average. To me this group represents our worst recruiting stretch in 30 years.

So you think our position improves by cutting ties with the two best players in that group?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
In my doomsday scenario, BC still fails to make the dance but ends up winning the NIT.

And they beat us in the first round to do it.

Reaction Score
Yeah, still not sure where you are going with this by saying two top-20 guys are representative of a poor stretch in recruiting and that we should cut ties.

Reaction Score
Yeah, still not sure where you are going with this by saying two top-20 guys are representative of a poor stretch in recruiting and that we should cut ties.

It's as clear as a bell. Because we went through a stretch where we recruited a too high percentage of guys who would only be roll players at the best on a ranked team, what we need to do is take it out on the guys we recruited who were on paper the type of recruit we wanted. What could be clearer. LMAO.

Reaction Score
You're ready to move on from the DHam/Purvis/Brimah era, yet think Dham and Purvis are good. OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom