Chain Reaction DHam Could Start | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chain Reaction DHam Could Start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Perhaps the dominoes will continue to fall until the rivers of Connecticut run with blood and next year's Final Four will consist of Cuse, Duke, Providence and Boston College.

This would require BC actually having a men's basketball program...

Reaction Score
People are going to think Im crazy, but I think Rodney will be Buddy Hield next year. Not to National player of the year standards (maybe AAC though) , but that similar rise of a mature Senior. He will be in the 40's shooting threes (with killer range) and he will be stronger at the rim and lethal in open court. Not to mention a lock down defender. In my mind going into this whole draft declare nonsense, if you made me pick one player to have next year between DHam and Rodney, I could make a big case for Rodney.
You are definitely crazy but I like you.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Calhoun, Nolan, Facey, Samuels, Brimah, Kromah, Purvis, Cassell, Dham, Rock - Dham is good. Purvis is good. Some of the other guys filled a rolled. Maybe I'm missing someone...but that's 10 guys in a 3 year stretch. Most of which are very average. To me this group represents our worst recruiting stretch in 30 years.

Last I knew, Nolan, Samuels, Kromah, Cassell and Rock were already not slated to be on the team. Leaving Facey, DHam, Purvis and Brimah. I think we already moved on, and losing any the players from that group that have contributed the most certainly isn't helpful. Even Facey, the least productive of the remaining 4, will be pretty useful as a senior.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
What if our Big 12 invitation was contingent on DHam remaining with the program for another year? Doomed.
Very funny.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Perhaps the dominoes will continue to fall until the rivers of Connecticut run with blood and next year's Final Four will consist of Cuse, Duke, Providence and Boston College.

c0c6698d-dfed-4f57-9c4c-4a77f3959ec4.jpg
I doubt BC could make the final four in a men's hoops version of the beanpot.

Reaction Score
So you think our position improves by cutting ties with the two best players in that group?

Yeah, still not sure where you are going with this by saying two top-20 guys are representative of a poor stretch in recruiting and that we should cut ties.

Not exactly. It's just been a tough stretch for the Huskies since 2014. Bad recruiting caught up with us in the end and I'm not too heart broken if we put the whole era behind us. I like DHam and Purvis, but starting with a new core of guys is not the end of the world for me. We get to watch a new group grow up. Lead by Adams and Gilbert...that sounds pretty fun. Hopefully they grow into something special.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Anyone down on this core group of guys should remember how bad things looked around mid 2012. The fact that this group kept us credible when we could have fallen into a black hole is a huge testament. And yes, we are credible. This season was tough but we made the tournament and won a game. Adams gave us a shot for the all-time highlight reel. Just as important, we're headed in the right direction.

Reaction Score
I don't think what @NDakotaHusky is saying is that crazy. Purvis, Hamilton, and Brimah have comprised the core for the last two years, and while they're good players, it's fair to wonder if you're ever going to advance deep into the tournament with them as your best guys.

This is no fault of their own - Hamilton, despite the billing, was still only a sophomore this past season. He was perhaps one year away from evolving into somebody who could be the best player on a contender (I thought it would happen one year sooner, I was wrong. Unfortunately, doesn't look like we'll get to see it next year).

Brimah is, to some degree, fatally flawed - very effective player when he's out there, but absolutely cannot be counted on to stay out of foul trouble in big games.

You could plug Purvis into any UConn team over the last 25 years and he'd play a role. Guys who play defense, shoot the three, and score in transition have always been prioritized here and always will. The one knock on him is that he's not Shabazz or Kemba or Ray Allen, which again, isn't his fault.

I absolutely want to say Purvis and Brimah back in Husky uniforms next season, so don't get me wrong. I wouldn't be surprised, though, to look back on this era as wrong place, wrong time for some of these guys. Certainly, they deserve credit for keeping us afloat post Shabazz/Giffey/Boat/Daniels...that might just be what they're known for, though, is keeping the house in order while Adams, Gilbert, and whoever else waited their turn.

Reaction Score
I don't think what @NDakotaHusky is saying is that crazy. Purvis, Hamilton, and Brimah have comprised the core for the last two years, and while they're good players, it's fair to wonder if you're ever going to advance deep into the tournament with them as your best guys.

This is no fault of their own - Hamilton, despite the billing, was still only a sophomore this past season. He was perhaps one year away from evolving into somebody who could be the best player on a contender (I thought it would happen one year sooner, I was wrong. Unfortunately, doesn't look like we'll get to see it next year).

Brimah is, to some degree, fatally flawed - very effective player when he's out there, but absolutely cannot be counted on to stay out of foul trouble in big games.

You could plug Purvis into any UConn team over the last 25 years and he'd play a role. Guys who play defense, shoot the three, and score in transition have always been prioritized here and always will. The one knock on him is that he's not Shabazz or Kemba or Ray Allen, which again, isn't his fault.

I absolutely want to say Purvis and Brimah back in Husky uniforms next season, so don't get me wrong. I wouldn't be surprised, though, to look back on this era as wrong place, wrong time for some of these guys. Certainly, they deserve credit for keeping us afloat post Shabazz/Giffey/Boat/Daniels...that might just be what they're known for, though, is keeping the house in order while Adams, Gilbert, and whoever else waited their turn.
Articulated in a way i couldn't. Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle