Cespedes, Blackwell Arrested | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cespedes, Blackwell Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I know someone was punched by a football player and the player was kicked out of school... This isn't something you can just dismiss

also depends time/place/who he hit. I watched one of our most famous NBA alumni sock a kid in the face in my basement. Never reported and he apologized and we moved on.

Reaction Score
Not dismissing it (especially if you are the other person) and not knowing full story but if you knowingly backhand someone and they get a fat lip it's Assault 3. It's a misdemeanor. There needs to be a penalty/price to pay but it needs to be measured.

This is BS. If it were true why have "degrees" of assault.
Cut these scumbags lose.

Last edited by a moderator:

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
also depends time/place/who he hit. I watched one of our most famous NBA alumni sock a kid in the face in my basement. Never reported and he apologized and we moved on.

Bold is key.

Drew

Reaction Score
Bold is key.

oh for sure. we didn't want to derail the kid's future at all and the basketball team regularly was in attendance at our events and we actually became pretty close with a lot of the guys so we didn't want to get him in trouble for it. Again time/place/who you hit

Reaction Score
This is BS. If it were true why have "degrees" of assault.

If what was true? Assault3 is the lowest level of the assault charges. Touch or threaten someone w/ bodily injury and its "assault".

Reaction Score
Given our offensive line depth, I assume they would have to beat up Suzie to get thrown out.

Reaction Score
Can confirm. Used to do group projects with him and Shak Phillips for 3 seprate classes. Shak was great, actually became pretty good friends. Sean didn't do jack but he did like to ball with us at the rec

For some reason I thought you were older than me. We were probably in a lot of the same classes

Reaction Score

Yeah some of our basketball alum are/were pieces of work.

Drew

Reaction Score
The football team back in the early 90's were worse
FWIW most of the football guys even when I was there were still like this. Only guys I really liked and said hey to on campus were McBryde, Adeyemi, Shak, and a few others

Reaction Score
If what was true? Assault3 is the lowest level of the assault charges. Touch or threaten someone w/ bodily injury and its "assault".

Mea culpa medic. I think I misunderstood your point. I would not say life in prison if guilty but I don't think I change on cut the scumbags lose.

Reaction Score
Can confirm. Used to do group projects with him and Shak Phillips for 3 seprate classes. Shak was great, actually became pretty good friends. Sean didn't do jack but he did like to ball with us at the rec

Had Shak in a few of my classes too. Good dude right there

C

Chief00

I'd probably pay to see you punched in the face by a 6-7 325 pound football player, hit the ground then jump up and say it was no big deal. I think we could sell a lot of tickets and donate the proceeds for Diaco's buyout.

Congratulations - You just solved the $5 million dollar nightmare.

C

Chief00

Thank you - some people need to stop complaining or recognize what comes with a decent football team. I agree not a terrible fight based on the charges - just some dumb stuff.

C

Chief00

Bummer. Hope these guys can turn it around. Young people make dumb mistakes, especially when liquored up at parties and benefitting from the privilege of being college football players. They're still young and hopefully will learn from it.
Agreed - some of these posters need to get out more - a fight is usually not the worse thing in the World. Kids and athletes can immediately move on - we will never have a big time program if we don't change our thinking - we will be competing with Williams and Wesleyan's of the World for recruits.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

Drummond? I think I remember hearing about this. Was right before I was at UConn. He also drove really drunk with someone I knew and nearly crashed his car lol. Lived across the hall from a friend of mine. They said he was a nice dude though.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Drummond? I think I remember hearing about this. Was right before I was at UConn. He also drove really drunk with someone I knew and nearly crashed his car lol. Lived across the hall from a friend of mine. They said he was a nice dude though.

You might want to re-think the placement of the "lol" in that statement.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
You might want to re-think the placement of the "lol" in that statement.

I'm not laughing because I think that the idea of driving drunk is funny in an entertaining sense or anything of the sort. It's more that I'm laughing because it's incredible how someone could be so reckless, especially considering that his physical health was literally worth millions of dollars. 'Lol' as in how could someone be that dumb

C

Chief00

You should not post heresy like this.

Reaction Score

Drummond is a nice dude, but I also have some first and second hand accounts that are less than flattering. Probably the friendliest of all the players I ran into, though, with Niels as a close second. Olander was the worst.

Reaction Score
Drummond is a nice dude, but I also have some first and second hand accounts that are less than flattering. Probably the friendliest of all the players I ran into, though, with Niels as a close second. Olander was the worst.
Neils was the best, stopped by our tailgate at the Michigan game and played ladder ball and corn hole.

IMG_05141_zps23160165.jpg

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
It really depends. A very, very good friend of mine got jumped by athletes at UConn. The offenders got expelled. Do you think that's overreacting? He had his orbit broken
Tell your friend that nothing good ever happens after 1:00 am.... If a basketball player hits someone, most likely they don't get kicked off the team. Football players are considered more expendable due to the sheer number of rostered players. If a football player gets kicked off, it's next man up. That's a lot tougher in basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom