Cespedes, Blackwell Arrested | The Boneyard

Cespedes, Blackwell Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Geez, Blackwell was a piece of work. No wonder he got expelled.

Cespesdes' mother is gonna kick his .

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Cespesdes' mother is gonna kick his .

Whatever she needs to do to get the message across. With our OL depth depleted to the point where we had to put a PWO on the two-deep last year, linemen getting caught up in this crap hurts us more than it would with any other position.

C

Chief00

Football players getting in fights - big deal - UConn overreacts to this type of thing and it hurts recruiting and the team.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Football players getting in fights - big deal - UConn overreacts to this type of thing and it hurts recruiting and the team.

Yes, because encouraging this behavior is such great PR for the AD.

I am also suspicious that disciplining a player who was arrested twice in a semester is hurting our recruiting in any way, shape, or form. The only people it hurts are old fogeys who are stuck in the good old days.

We live in a society with a pretty apparent legal code, and there are consequences for breaking it. Athletes aren't exempt from that.

Reaction Score
Yeah, it teaches them discipline. Who would want to play for a program that teaches discipline and self control?

Reaction Score
oh good gravy - can you imagine the reaction at a top 25 program for a breach of peace?

Reaction Score
oh good gravy - can you imagine the reaction at a top 25 program for a breach of peace?
Assault in the 3rd degree is defined as:

• intentionally causing physical injury
  • recklessly causing serious physical injury
  • with criminal negligence, causing physical serious injury with a deadly weapon

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Bummer. Hope these guys can turn it around. Young people make dumb mistakes, especially when liquored up at parties and benefitting from the privilege of being college football players. They're still young and hopefully will learn from it.

Reaction Score
Assault in the 3rd degree is defined as:
  • intentionally causing physical injury
  • recklessly causing serious physical injury
  • with criminal negligence, causing physical serious injury with a deadly weapon

Not dismissing it (especially if you are the other person) and not knowing full story but if you knowingly backhand someone and they get a fat lip it's Assault 3. It's a misdemeanor. There needs to be a penalty/price to pay but it needs to be measured.

Reaction Score

I'd probably pay to see you punched in the face by a 6-7 325 pound football player, hit the ground then jump up and say it was no big deal. I think we could sell a lot of tickets and donate the proceeds for Diaco's buyout.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Not dismissing it (especially if you are the other person) and not knowing full story but if you knowingly backhand someone and they get a fat lip it's Assault 3. It's a misdemeanor. There needs to be a penalty/price to pay but it needs to be measured.

Very true. When McQuillan's fight got him kicked off I believe it was assault in the 2nd degree. That always bummed me out, he was a nice guy. I'm all for second chances.

Reaction Score
Very true. When McQuillan's fight got him kicked off I believe it was assault in the 2nd degree. That always bummed me out, he was a nice guy. I'm all for second chances.

I despised McQuillan. He was the epitome of the dumb jock stereotype. Had classes with him, got paired up with him in group projects, and he never did any of the work.

Reaction Score

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I despised McQuillan. He was the epitome of the dumb jock stereotype. Had classes with him, got paired up with him in group projects, and he never did any of the work.
Can confirm. Used to do group projects with him and Shak Phillips for 3 seprate classes. Shak was great, actually became pretty good friends. Sean didn't do jack but he did like to ball with us at the rec

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Can confirm. Used to do group projects with him and Shak Phillips for 3 seprate classes. Shak was great, actually became pretty good friends. Sean didn't do jack but he did like to ball with us at the rec

I knew him from high school and he was always cool. Never got good grades--went to AOF so that RE could get him eligible. Nice dude though. Stand by saying that I wish it had worked out differently.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We were totally supposed to be impressed with how Cespedes turned out. That clock is ticking.

Reaction Score
Yes, because encouraging this behavior is such great PR for the AD.

I am also suspicious that disciplining a player who was arrested twice in a semester is hurting our recruiting in any way, shape, or form. The only people it hurts are old fogeys who are stuck in the good old days.

We live in a society with a pretty apparent legal code, and there are consequences for breaking it. Athletes aren't exempt from that.
Unless they are QB's at Florida State

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I know someone was punched by a football player and the player was kicked out of school... This isn't something you can just dismiss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom