Celtics | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Celtics

Reaction Score
GSW had 16 points in the 4th quarter in Game 1, only 11 in the 4th quarter of Game 3. Sure, Boston gets some credit, but Kerr needs to figure some things. I can't believe Udoka is still playing drop/soft coverage with Steph and Klay coming off ballscreens/DHOs. Mind-blowing to me but they're up 2-1.

Big of Boston to pick up a win in a game where both Splash Brothers were on. Assuming Steph's ankle isn't too bad this should be a hell of a series.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
GSW had 16 points in the 4th quarter in Game 1, only 11 in the 4th quarter of Game 3. Sure, Boston gets some credit, but Kerr needs to figure some things. I can't believe Udoka is still playing drop/soft coverage with Steph and Klay coming off ballscreens/DHOs. Mind-blowing to me but they're up 2-1.

Big of Boston to pick up a win in a game where both Splash Brothers were on. Assuming Steph's ankle isn't too bad this should be a hell of a series.

Proves you can beat GS when those two are hitting their shots if you limit everyone else. Wiggins had some flashes but they held every other player in check. Nothing from Draymond or Poole.

The problem with GS, and they even did it last night, is they can put up 10-15 points in under a minute. When it’s a close game, that can be the difference between a winnable game and it being over (as we saw in G2). Thankfully the Celtics built up that 18 point lead first.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I want Curry's mouth guard shoved up his flopping backside. I want Glenn Williams to do it.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
With Al Horford being called for a flagrant foul when inadvertently stepped in Curry's landing zone and Klay Thompson channeled his inner Maude Flanders, this post is intended to serve no other purpose than as a reminder that this was a common foul in 1984:

Reaction Score
One thing that stands out so far is how much more athletic the Celtics are than Warriors and how much more the East in general was. The Nets, Bucks and Heat all had been a lot more to offer in terms of matching up from an athleticism stand point that the warriors do not. The Warriors probably need to go bananas offensively to win this series. It's kind of wild people thought the Celtics would be completely over matched when the series started and too me its been the complete opposite. The Celtics have a lot of stuff that the Warriors have no answer for and maybe the East in general was a lot better than the West this year.

Klay moves like a shell of himself. I really have no idea why the Celtics wouldn't over play everything he's doing at this point. He's going by no one. Draymond has been terrible and I absolutely believe is the most overrated player in the NBA. His career will be so directly tied to absurd teams led by Steph, Klay and KD. Put him anywhere else and he's a a mediocre NBA player. If the Celtics win tonight this series is over. The Warriors don't have the fire power to win 3 in a row vs a much more athletic and better defensive team than them.

Reaction Score
Grant Williams really has to stop complaining about calls. He wonders why they call so many phantom fouls on him. It's because he complains on other fouls. He has to stop. This is getting ridiculous.

Reaction Score
This is such a physical mismatch. Robert Williams has Poole on him half the time it seems. Only athletic guy in Warriors entire rotation is Wiggins. Draymond is all bark, no bite now. You would think Kerr would play Kuminga just to make the Celtics have to think about guarding the rim and getting blocked.

Only chance Warriors have is if Celtics get really sloppy with turnovers and Warriors drain a ton of threes. Celts should win in 5 or 6 just off of athleticism and size.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I haven't seen every minute tonight, but does GS take anything but threes?

EDIT: Just saw a layup.

Reaction Score
I haven't seen every minute tonight, but does GS take anything but threes?

EDIT: Just saw a layup.
Not really, Celtics are way bigger and way more athletic. They'll get lucky with a loose ball layup but Robert Williams has totally shut down the paint and Warriors are tiny and unathletic.

Reaction Score
I normally like the Celts but don't really like this team because I really don't like Smart and Grant Williams and I'm a big Curry and Klay fan. Yet I kind of find myself rooting for the Celtics because I love watching Draymond get exposed like this.

Reaction Score
Warriors are having a hard time tonight with open jump shots, but the Celtics are having a very hard time with layups. Both teams must feel they should be in control of this game.

Reaction Score
Warriors are having a hard time tonight with open jump shots, but the Celtics are having a very hard time with layups. Both teams must feel they should be in control of this game.
And they still won.

Reaction Score
Would be such a Celtics thing to do to win game 5 and game 7 in GS.

Reaction Score
Curry is unreal but Celtics shouldn't let that happen, they seem to like to do things the hardest way.

Celtics tried to win the game with the three against the best shooters ever instead of bludgeoning them. Is Robert Williams hobbled again?

Reaction Score
Didn't think Kerr would have the guts to bench Draymond, that stretch where they went on an 11-3 run with Draymond out won the game. Surprised Kerr went back to him to close and even more surprised he played well considering what he had shown up until that point, dude looks like he's playing like a double agent.

Reaction Score
Curry with an all time finals performance. It's wild how the Celtics have chosen to defend him basically all series. I actually thought Wiggins played really well. Used his size and athleticism to attack the glass and create 2nd opportunities and put pressure on the Celtics rebounding.

The Celtics biggest weakness is they are ungodly bad at times taking care of the ball and Marcus Smart. Like yes he's good but he's also very not good at times and nobody thinks its their time to hit a big shot more than him.

Atleast we'll have a series on our hands. 7 games seems inevitable at this point. On the one hand the Warriors are gunna need more from their role guys but on the other maybe not if the Celtics continue to let Curry do whatever he wants.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is such a physical mismatch. Robert Williams has Poole on him half the time it seems. Only athletic guy in Warriors entire rotation is Wiggins. Draymond is all bark, no bite now. You would think Kerr would play Kuminga just to make the Celtics have to think about guarding the rim and getting blocked.

Only chance Warriors have is if Celtics get really sloppy with turnovers and Warriors drain a ton of threes. Celts should win in 5 or 6 just off of athleticism and size.
Guess what? Celtics got really sloppy and the Ws drained a lot of 3s. Have to hand it to Steph. He just made tough shot after tough shot. Even when very well defended. Boston missed a lot of clean looks.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not really, Celtics are way bigger and way more athletic. They'll get lucky with a loose ball layup but Robert Williams has totally shut down the paint and Warriors are tiny and unathletic.
This is why I keep saying that if Samson Johnson is good enough on D we need to play him quite a bit at the 4. Size matters. Athleticism matters. Johnson + Sanogo can shut down the paint and create mismatches against almost every opponent. Add Jackson at the 3 and the shot blocking potential is massive.

Rob Williams is definitely still not 100%. He was listed as questionable for this game. The ball needs to go through him more. His calling card skill set is passing and shot blocking. He’s a superb passer. Last night the Cs too often reverted to ISO ball.

Reaction Score
Looney was good too, he’s an underrated piece on that team. Curry was real good and the Cs were real bad. Tatum was overall dreadful with the ball as was Smart often. I think as upstater put it a couple Cs actually played disinterested it seemed.

Well they’re good after they get beat so they’re in control :oops:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom