Celtics Brown biggest NBA deal ever | The Boneyard

Celtics Brown biggest NBA deal ever

Reaction Score
Apparently he will be getting paid 69 mil (possibly guaranteed) in the final year of the contract

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Probably the cap, so everyone in his area code will be signing for that (this year)

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Probably the cap, so everyone in his area code will be signing for that (this year)
This is correct. It's a standard supermax contract, which he became eligible for w/ 2x all-star appearances and an All-NBA nod this past season.

For a two-way wing in his prime who's already shown he can be the 2nd-best player on a finals team, seems like there shouldn't be much controversy about this one (unless he starts tweeting about aliens again).

Reaction Score
Brown is very good but he made all nba because the forwards better than him are always injured (Kahwi, Paul George, Durant, Zion). Even Julius Randle made an all nba team in 2023 as a forward which shouldn’t happen.

Reaction Score
These contracts are beyond ridiculous. Dopes like us are the ones that pony up to pay. Every time I see a contract like this I say I'm done but I keep coming back.

Reaction Score
Brown is very good but he made all nba because the forwards better than him are always injured (Kahwi, Paul George, Durant, Zion). Even Julius Randle made an all nba team in 2023 as a forward which shouldn’t happen.
It's actually amazing how good he is for someone who can't dribble.

Reaction Score
Overpaying for sure but I guess they didn’t want to lose him. It’s been pretty well-known he hasn’t loved Boston and obviously couldn’t have been happy with all the trade discussions he’s been lumped in to consistently for years.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Everyone outraged about the size of sports contracts basically implies they'd be happier with all that money staying with the owners.
It does seem like you ought to be able to dribble left to be the highest-paid player, though

Reaction Score
Brown's weak handle was exposed many times during the playoffs...

I don't hate him, but I think the Celts are not going to get the return they would like off this contract.
I think they will. He is a great 2 way player, pretty young, and seems to have the work ethic to improve. Every All Star/All NBA player is gonna be getting these contracts. Just gotta get used to it.

Reaction Score
Everyone outraged about the size of sports contracts basically implies they'd be happier with all that money staying with the owners.
It does seem like you ought to be able to dribble left to be the highest-paid player, though
I wish the owners and players made less and ticket prices went down.

I don't follow this stuff closely at all but it seems the NBA salary cap is screwed up. From what I've gathered you have to be at 90 percent of cap to begin the year now. That's why Houston threw ridiculous money on VanVleet and Brooks.

It seems hard to develop a young roster when you have to spend $80 million on two vets who will demand major playing time and the ball.

Reaction Score
It’s a player’s market and Brown did enough to qualify for his max

Guys like Ant Edwards and Lamelo Ball will probably blow this contract out of the water in a few years. NBA cap is ridiculous lol

Reaction Score
The C's need a true playmaker PG. Smart wasn't the answer so I don't mind him going. I'm hoping Brad can add one before next seasons deadline. Also need a rebounding forward for depth.

Reaction Score
In this league, you need to contend for a title or bottom out and rebuild. Can't be in the middle. C's at least will contend which is good for the team fanbase and city. If it doesn't work out, you can always find a team to match salaries in a trade.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I wish the owners and players made less and ticket prices went down.

I don't follow this stuff closely at all but it seems the NBA salary cap is screwed up. From what I've gathered you have to be at 90 percent of cap to begin the year now. That's why Houston threw ridiculous money on VanVleet and Brooks.

It seems hard to develop a young roster when you have to spend $80 million on two vets who will demand major playing time and the ball.
The union isn't designed to help the lower paid guys. No sport is more geared toward rewarding stars. When only 5 play at a time, the impact of one is immense. No soccer star can be that impactful. Some QBs are, but they only play on one side of the ball.

Reaction Score
The union isn't designed to help the lower paid guys. No sport is more geared toward rewarding stars. When only 5 play at a time, the impact of one is immense. No soccer star can be that impactful. Some QBs are, but they only play on one side of the ball.
Yeah but Fred VanVleet is going to be making $43 million per year.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Ugh, sorry that reads as preachy. You know all that. I agree the ticket prices could be much lower, and I wish the league shared the revenue among players a bit more fairly, but they don't seem to care.

I don't get the VanVleet deal I know they have to spend X, but there are better ways.

Reaction Score
Not a needed argument, but soccer with limited subs as opposed to basketball does mean individual players are pretty darn important.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom